• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Black 2005 SX 230 HO, Perfect Pass, Pylon and TONS more! NC-Raleigh-ADDED hours and pics!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It is time for one of the admins here to get a new boat....and I volunteered! So my 2005 Yamaha SX 230 is up for sale! I'm going to list it here before I go to any other sites as I'm sure you all know how much loving I've put into this boat (I can't promise I won't shed a tear when she drives away...but if she goes with a member from here...at least I'll see photos...and perhaps visit her! LOL). She has 301/303 hours - I will attached YDS readout for specifics on the hours in various ranges soon.

List of modifications and stuff I'll include in the sale:
  • PerfectPass - I call it the marriage saver
  • Cobra Fins
  • Dual Batteries in boxes with BlueSea ACR (one brand new-one 2 years old?
  • Dual bank Prosport charger with through hull external plug
  • Upgraded Stereo system with Clarion M502 Headunit with 2 Clarion MW1 Remotes one by driver, one on swim step. 6.5" Polk DB Speakers in bow and cabin & Polk DB 6x9's in Cabin and Fusion 4" on stern. Total of 8 speakers. 4 Driven by head unit (bow and stern) and 4 driven by a JBL MA 6004 marine 4 way amplifier. In the glove locker in an aux plug so you can connect a music player or other input device to the radio (we connect a Onyx XM radio to it)
  • Camper/Cockpit/Bow Covers-never get wet on the water again! I will miss these! I also have the complete Yamaha cover (maybe 2).
  • Bilge Alarm-know if you ever have a blow out or are taking on water
  • Xintek Fume Alarm with blower relay - BEST safety features you can get! Turn on the battery and it check for fumes and runs the blower if it detects any!
  • BlueSea 4gang Switch (controls added accessory plug at helm, LED internal lights, GPS wiring and Perfect pass).
  • Additional Accessory between passenger and cockpit for guest phones (so 2 total added)
  • Fender locks-hang fenders mid ship with ease!
  • Cabin LEDs for added internal lighting at night (one in main cabin area and one in the walk through to the stern)
  • Garlick adjustable height seat pedestal
  • New SeaDek Titanium swim deck
  • Brand new stainless Scupper
  • Brand new (installed last weekend) quick release bimini sockets to eliminate those dumb pins!
  • Reverse gate cables replaced (one in Oct 2016, one in 2013?)
  • Clean out plugs rebuilt-insert perfectly!
  • Stainless steel flag pole and bow mount (also doubles as a grill mount-grill not included!)
  • KeelGuard
  • Bow filler cushion and Cockpit filler cushions
  • I will include an Insanity 7' 3" pylon for the boat for wakeboarding and wakesurfing if the price is right!
  • PTM Edge wide angle mirror (very expensive!)
  • Garmin GPSMAP 430S - has sounder and GPS mapping and water temperature with Ram mount
  • Has full carpet kit (just not in the photos)
  • New fuel sender installed last year-complaint with blended gas-resets each fill and calibrates based on the ethanol/gas mix in the tank.
Trailer:
  • Boat Buckles (3) two on the stern, one to hold bow down.
  • Maxxis Radial Tires on trailer
  • Brakes bled, cleaned and rotors reworks 2 years ago.
  • LED lights on trailer
  • Spare tire and new jack stand, replaced winch.
  • Trailer Guide Posts with covers.
  • Trailer bunks and carpet replaced 2 years ago.
The boat does have some nicks and scratches...not many 11 year old boats wouldn't, but as anyone that knows me on the forum, this boat has been well maintained all its life. I bought it in 2007 from a guy who kept a log book every time he went out! I'm anal, but not that anal. She gets an oil change every year, plugs every other year or as needed, and lots of tender loving care from me. The only thing really wrong with this boat is the stock depth finder went out at the end of last year and stuck on in alarm mode, so I cut the power wire to it as I never used it because I have a GPS with sounder (now included!). You get full disclosure from me on anything about the boat. Seats are all in good shape and get Hot Sauce Vinyl cleaner yearly. Put in salt water only 3 times and flushed big time afterwards! Runs really smoothly! GPS clocked it last weekend at 48.5 with 3 adults on board, full tank of gas on a windy day.

Price $21,000 OBO - Make me an offer....I really have to do my bit for the forum and begin reviewing a newer model boat! LOL

There are lots of pics in the URLs embedded above! Here are a few more:
2014 tire cover.jpg

This is the Pylon I will include...it is 7' 3" tall.
pylon.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey @Julian
You should run a contest.....guess the total hours and win the boat!!
$20.00 a ticket:winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @Julian
You should run a contest.....guess the total hours and win the boat!!
$20.00 a ticket:winkingthumbsup"
Hummm....not sure that is going to work! LOL

How about this....I have a ONE OF A KIND Jetboaters.net misprinted t-shirt (red star on the front, blue star on the back)....ONLY ONE OF THESE EXIST IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!! Imagine the value of this!!! For Sale....$21,000! Buy the shirt, I'll throw in a Yamaha 2005 SX230 HO for FREE!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know if all the forum members chip in $5.50 then we can get you your asking price and then put your boat as the first exhibit in the JBN hall of fame - location to be determined!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Julian

I have a ONE OF A KIND Jetboaters.net misprinted t-shirt BLUE star on the front, RED star on the back. I will trade you for the boat. Then you will have two shirts worth $42,000.00 That would make one helluva down payment for the new boat.
For you Julian .....I would be willing to make this sacrifice. LOL

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@FreeYamaha still not working I see.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The big question is... is the boss requiring you to sell this one before u even place the order for your new one?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian ....Performance East in Goldsboro has a 242X waiting for you. Let me know when you are ready and I'll call the owners who are friends of ours. I'm sure they week work with you to the best of their ability. I may even get a steak dinner or of it if you buy!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The big question is... is the boss requiring you to sell this one before u even place the order for your new one?
The boss isn't....I would like to! I can't drive two boats at once! LOL

@redthumper9 Thanks for the offer....but working with a buddy of mine at Chatlee already though.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did you find out if skis will fit under the seat of the 242X?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@buckbuck I did...the answer is my big Connelly Pilot may just make it. The length corner to corner is 68" and there is some wiggle room on the end under the helm for perhaps some more. My ski is (from online site) 66". So it MIGHT fit, but I may have an issue with getting it in over the edge/lip of the seat fiberglass. Since it is just the one ski, I may just buy a soft bag for it and put it in the ski locker with the ballast bag. I also want to see if the ballast bag fills the entire locker and if not, then perhaps have a shelf for it. If that doesn't work, then I'll just move it to the wake board racks if I fill the ballast. That is my plan anyway....

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian .....no worries. I wish your trailer was galvanized. I have a friend just now starting to look and your boat would probably fit his need perfectly (and then some). But the trailer would last about 6 months here on the coast.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9