• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Black 2005 SX 230 HO, Perfect Pass, Pylon and TONS more! NC-Raleigh-ADDED hours and pics!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Opresso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't worry @Julian, I'm taking good care of her. Took her out in Nashville on the way home, couldn't just help myself with how nice the weather turned out on Sat. Hit up Lake Barkely on Sunday.

Two days on the water, one tow rope sucked up. Guess I need to give better brief on staying away from tow lines. Took about 20 minutes to clear and taught us all a good lesson. No worries.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Two days on the water, one tow rope sucked up.
Darn...I didn't give you that warning as part of my turnover!!! Too late now....sorry you got to learn the hard way!
By the way....she's a giant vacuum and will suck in ropes with glee! Don't let any get near the boat and always have a rope minder on duty! If in doubt...shut down to check where the rope is! :winkingthumbsup":rolleyes::banghead: ............ :eggonface:

Post up some photos of the boating smiles!!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations to both you guys.
@Opresso , did Julian tell you that you will someday forget to put the clean out plugs in and your boat will be drifting toward unwelcoming places? It has happened to the rest of us.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Opresso so will barkely be your home lake? It is mine. Pm me next time your out, we can meet up sometime.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congratulations to both you guys.
@Opresso , did Julian tell you that you will someday forget to put the clean out plugs in and your boat will be drifting toward unwelcoming places? It has happened to the rest of us.
Nope....didn't tell him that either....we were on a bit of tight time table as we had to get to a notary before they closed.

@Opresso - This WILL happen....it is just a matter of time! What I do is remove the plugs and leave them as I showed you, then I close the hatch and latch it, but leave the latch UP. Then when I take the cover off....I think...huh...the latch is up....PLUGS are OUT!

WHEN you forget...you will start the boat and put it in gear and the boat will move some....but not as much as normal. Then you will throttle up and the engines will just rev with little to no thrust (because they are just pulling in air down the cleanout tubes). Then you smack yourself in the forehead, kill the engines, and cruise back to the hatch to install them. And as Buck says....hopefully this isn't on a windy day and you just launched towards some rocks!

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yeah, the clean out fun makes you look like a real idiot with a broken boat too.

Not that I know anything about that...