• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 sx230 MFI Tandem Trailer Axle measurements

Capoditutticapi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

I have a 2005 SX230 with the original MFI Tandem axle trailer. Im in the process of buying all the trailer suspension parts because of rust. I pretty much have located all the parts, but I'm confused on the size of the axle. I do not have access to the boat at the moment but I'm trying to order the parts online now. I know there are three different types of measurements.

A. Spring center measurement ( which i was able to measure at 74" )

B. Outer flange measurement ( Which I wrote down as 89 ) but I believe i wrote it wrong, I believe it is be 79" since the spring center is close to the axle flange area but for some reason I wrote down 89". I don't like to have a doubt in my head, although I'm pretty sure it is 79-80"

C. Outer Hub face ( which I do NOT have that measurement ) tires were on and its difficult to measure since I was by myself

does anyone have this trailer that has changed the axle that might know the measurements? As you can see in the pictures the suspension is badly rusted and on Port side, the spring assembly is even missing. The trailer is sitting on the axle itself on that side.

And has anyone used the Dexter Axles that are being sold on Trailer.com? Im wondering if they are resistant to a Saltwater environment, because I don't see them selling any axles this size galvanized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

Last edited:

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
93.5 hub face axles. I tried to find the ones I bought on eBay but they are currently not for sell

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I had to do it again I would buy a new trailer. $465 for axles, $900 for brakes, $400 maybe for leafs and hardware. Your trailer looks a lot worse than mine did.

Jonathan-Sigl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

I have a 2005 SX230 with the original MFI Tandem axle trailer. Im in the process of buying all the trailer suspension parts because of rust. I pretty much have located all the parts, but I'm confused on the size of the axle. I do not have access to the boat at the moment but I'm trying to order the parts online now. I know there are three different types of measurements.

A. Spring center measurement ( which i was able to measure at 74" )

B. Outer flange measurement ( Which I wrote down as 89 ) but I believe i wrote it wrong, I believe it is be 79" since the spring center is close to the axle flange area but for some reason I wrote down 89". I don't like to have a doubt in my head, although I'm pretty sure it is 79-80"

C. Outer Hub face ( which I do NOT have that measurement ) tires were on and its difficult to measure since I was by myself

does anyone have this trailer that has changed the axle that might know the measurements? As you can see in the pictures the suspension is badly rusted and on Port side, the spring assembly is even missing. The trailer is sitting on the axle itself on that side.

And has anyone used the Dexter Axles that are being sold on Trailer.com? Im wondering if they are resistant to a Saltwater environment, because I don't see them selling any axles this size galvanized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Did you ever find axles for your trailer? I’m looking too.

SarahKal

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hello does anyone know the cost of a new MFI trailer. I have a 2005 Yamaha AR230 with the trailer its been galvanized and in great shape along with guiding poles and new lights/work, it looks new still. im working on an estate inventory and curious to know the price of just the trailer, without the boat as I can't seem to find anything. thank you!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How quickly do you want to sell it? If I was listing it and needed it moved, you can list for $1000. If you had all the time in the world I would list at $1800 and wait, might be a few months before someone hits.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hello does anyone know the cost of a new MFI trailer. I have a 2005 Yamaha AR230 with the trailer its been galvanized and in great shape along with guiding poles and new lights/work, it looks new still. im working on an estate inventory and curious to know the price of just the trailer, without the boat as I can't seem to find anything. thank you!
Pictures of the trailer from a few angles will help us, help you. Tires, tongue, surge brakes, bunks and overall condition, any rust.