• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006-230HO ECU Part #

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh....yeah.....$130 is a little much to do all of them. I would stay away from used.

Everardo Hernandez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2005 sx230 and just ran into the same problem #2 injector stuck open, just ordered a new ecu for almost $1300. Opened the electrical box and there was also moisture in it so I dried it out and used it to test the othe motor and it worked fine.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Everardo Hernandez glad to have you on board, sorry to hear about your problems though, keep us updated when you finish the ECU swap,
and check out our FAQ tab at the top of the page for lots of great tips,

jamiefzr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me how to get the ecu out of an AR230? I've unbolted it, but with all the wiring harnesses attached, can't free it. Can't figure how to detach the harnesses. I want to at least pull it out and open it up to see if it has the water ingress issues, cause it's acting funky. Ideally would like to swap it with the other ecu to text.

Any photos / videos would be awesome!

Thanks

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me how to get the ecu out of an AR230? I've unbolted it, but with all the wiring harnesses attached, can't free it. Can't figure how to detach the harnesses. I want to at least pull it out and open it up to see if it has the water ingress issues, cause it's acting funky. Ideally would like to swap it with the other ecu to text.

Any photos / videos would be awesome!

Thanks
What are your symptoms?

jamiefzr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What are your symptoms?
Rough and erratic idle. Stalling out. I just picked up the boat. It's the 2nd SBT engine in a row in it. Previous owner was just fed up after pulling and shipping engines, when his 2nd NEW engine started acting up after 2 hours, he was done.

After reading up here -- and chatting with a Yamaha dealer -- I was hoping to test the ecu with a swap given the trouble on two successive engines.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cut the zip ties holding the wires to the ECU box and it should give it more room to move.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First you need to open the box containing the ecu, roll over monitor, etc. it should be right behind the engine and it will have a screw on cover/cap that has spare fuses in it. Once the cover of the box is off the ecu itself is mounted in the cover or back of the box via four bolts that pass through mounting holes in the ecu case (basically four plastic winglets with holes in them). The ecu is abiut a big as two decks of cards side by side. The only opening is for the wiring and it attaches to thr ecu woth a small clip/din. I would not be concerned abiut the ecu if the interior of outer box is dry. Even of its wet the best you can do is dry it and the ecu of necessary off.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jamiefzr
Does it run ok when you get above idle speed?

Mighty_Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will give you a few more inches of play if you also unhook the wires going to your spark plugs. Pull them back a bit and you can gain about 8 inches of slack.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That sure sounds like any of the following :

Bad spark plugs
Plug wires out of order
Bad fuel
Clogged air filter
Exhaust leak in bilge

I would think that the ECU is far down on the list of possibilities .... but I have been wrong many many times before.

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm searching for a ECU for my 2006 - 230HO of which I have found 6P6-8591A-00-00.
This part # has since changed to 6P6-8591A-01-00.
Do any of you know if this newer version is compatible?
Lately i bought YAMAHA SX 230 ,year 2005 ,with 2 engines .I'm looking for hole electric box with wires .because i have only one ,box is called YAMAHA 6B6.
MODEL of boat SRT 1100-D.
Computer in the box has these numbers :6P6-00, F8 T94874, 5129
Outer computer has these numbers : SH 678B-13, G4D.3
Do you have something like that ?I can send pictures if you like .
Iam looking forward for your replay .If you don't have it ,do you know where i can find it ?My mail is roman@wiertelak.pl
Kind regards,
Roman

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's exactly what I was thinking. One of the stainless grommets on the lower legs of the ECU was actually partially decayed away from sitting in water for years. All the contacts look dry and without corrosion but the bottom 1/2 or so of the ECU was definitely submerged. The only opening I can see is the tiny slit on one of the lower wire grommets surrounding one of the larger harnesses. It must be from constant hot/cold environment and just built up over time a single drop at a time. You can actually see the upper part of the lid where it looked like it was sweating. I figure a single tiny hole on the bottom definitely couldn't hurt and much better than the ECU floating in water. I plan on calling Yamaha to ask what they think. Or maybe just siliconing 100% all the way around. Definitely going to pull the other side this weekend as a preventative measure. Why is it more common in the port side? I've found several in forums.
Lately i bought YAMAHA SX 230 ,year 2005 ,with 2 engines .I'm looking for hole electric box with wires .because i have only one ,box is called YAMAHA 6B6.
Iam looking forward for your replay .If you don't have it ,do you know where i can find it ?My mail is roman@wiertelak.pl
Kind regards,
Roman

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh....yeah.....$130 is a little much to do all of them. I would stay away from used.
Kind regards,
Roman

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kind regards,
Roman

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exactly same problem...

How the heck does water get in there?

Gonna let it dry out, clean, reconnect and see if anything changes. Also may be a good time to check the other side. Has anyone drilled drain holes in there?
Kind regards,
Roman

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 23212 Problem presented as #3 injector sticking wide open, replaced twice in a 18 month period.
Pulled the ECU box and found this. I've owned the since 2011.
Swapped ecu's and all us good, thus the need for a new/refurbished one.

cheers!View attachment 23212
Kind regards,
Roman