• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 Speedster twin 310 hp right engine shuts down / off randomly. key fob only one beep

Bob12345

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hi all,

New to this forum, frankly exhausted all my traditional options so I’d like to reach out to this community for some help please. here is a description of the issues I’m having with my 2006 Seadoo BRP Speedster 200 with 310 HP, twin engines. when I attach the key fob to the DESS, sometimes I hear two beeps, both RPM gauges cycle and I start left engine first right engine second all is well. However, sometimes / many times, I only here one beep and only the left engine RPM gauge cycles and starts. the right does not. What I've observed is neither the right engine RPM gauge cycles, nor does the gas gauge work and lastly the after market fish-finder does not have power either.

I then disconnect the key fob, giggle it and it works, I hear two beeps, gauges all cycle and engines start. However, once out and about on the lake the right engine randomly shuts off, I hear one loud beep and the engine is off. I repeat the above process, disconnect the key fob, giggle it sometimes I have to wait for several minutes, patiently, then the right engine works.

Some days the above repeats throughout the day. Some days all is well no issues. I've spent a considerable amount at the marina already and now sadly I feel as though I’m a bother to them given.

From the research I've done so far, I've used 99% alcohol to clean the key fob and the DESS. that seemed to work for several days, then the problem returned again. I've also checked for loose connections at the DESS, gauges, and battery. All connections seem to be fine.

The boat is and only has been used in fresh water.

I'm generally handy, and with some guidance can further trouble shoot etc.

Would greatly appreciate any insight / support you can provide.

Thank you, Bob