• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 Sugar Sand Tango Super Sport

Shoe07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
While I already did the air compressor route, there is a leak behind the rear wall in the transom. I drilled a small hole lower in the stringer and no water came out there.
I removed the four screws from the exhaust outlet and water come out of three of the four.
When I get done with other activities I plan on removing that side of the exhaust. I may have found my culprit I’m thinking. Fingers crossed

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Yeah, that thru-hull exhaust fitting in the one picture triggered a thought about the screw holes, but I forgot to mention it. Resealing the fittings and screws with some 5200 or 4200 is a given, but you still need to get the water out of the stringer.

RobertH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
May I ask what you would plan to store inside the engine compartment ? That would seem to be potentially dangerous (?)

Shoe07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
life jackets, tubes, small tool kit. Many boats have the ability to store things in the engine compartment.
Not sure what would be dangerous about it.

Shoe07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I pulled the impeller out today and it is in need of some tlc.
The wear ring has some scuffs and gouges, and looks a little rough.
The gap between it and the wear ring is 1.25 mm.
I could not do strong holeshots without cavitation.

I am planning to send the impeller out for refinish. Should I do anything to the wear ring?

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had boats with the 175hp and 240hp Mercury sport jets. The 22/39 Solas was the only aftermarket I could find and it worked great for me. What sucked was paying get $60 for the stock impeller tool which I only used once.

The fixed grates are what I went with, there we tree only two or theee to choose from the standard only had 7 times/forks and there was a lot of space between them. The rock grate had twice and many times with about half the space between them. It did as the name implied kept rocks and other large debris out of the pump. both came in standard and SS.

The hydro surge grate with hinged tines was had one missing when I bought the boat. I replaced it immediately as I read stories of guys getting potatoe sized rocks in their pumps which caused havoc to the impeller and wear ring.

as for the wear ring o would clean it up and fill the gaps with jb weld. If you want to make sure the clearance Is good coat the interior of the wear ring with jb weld as well: the impeller will smooth out the high spots, if any quickly.

mine or boat of my mercury powered boats has a tray that sat over the engine which was used for storage. It’s ok to store things in the engine compartment just don’t let them touch the engine.