• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 Sx210 goes to 9000RPM but wont plane out or go over 10MPH

ldfalcon123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2007 Sx210 goes to 9000RPM but wont plane out or go over 10MPH

I don't have any lights coming on but the boat just wont go!

I pulled the plugs and they are seated
There is nothing in the impellers
Reverse gates works fine

Your best bet and sure way to check drive shaft and impeller.

Any issues before or strange rattles?

no issues before no rattles just no thrust when you go to take off but the engine will rev up

cavitation issue for sure. Could be that you lost sealant on the inlet tracts into the pumps. Could be that you have slightly too much space between the impellers and the wear rings. My bet is something very slight on the intake side of the pumps.

Yep. Agree with the above. I have had what I thought was a very clean impeller, only to pull the pump and find more junk stuck in there. Pull the pump and see what you find. While you are there you will find any silicone that has come off and needs recaulking, maybe some chopped up impeller, etc. Clean that all up, reinstall and you are probably on the water in 90 minutes.

I have a 2010 SX210 and I max out at approx 8200 RPM, sounds like cavitation.

Took the boat out and slowly increased the throttle and the boat went to plane and maxed out at 35 vs 40

Took to boat out of the water pulled everything the only thing that looked out of normal is the Impellers had some wear on them pictures attached

Attachments

• boat imp 1.jpg
    boat imp 1.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 77
  • boat imp 2.jpg
    boat imp 2.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 74
Looks like cavitation burns on your impellers. And the leading edge is quite chopped up. I would at least file those down.

Also hard to see in the pic, but looks like you might have some contact between the impeller and the ring.

How was the path to the impeller? Is all the silicone intact? Including outside the gate on the bolts?

Looks like cavitation burns on your impellers. And the leading edge is quite chopped up. I would at least file those down.

Also hard to see in the pic, but looks like you might have some contact between the impeller and the ring.

How was the path to the impeller? Is all the silicone intact? Including outside the gate on the bolts?

I went in and redid all of the silicone going to take it out and see what happens

That leading edge damage almost has to be creating cavitation that will rob you of quite a bit of thrust. Probably time to either get new impellers or get those repaired.

I redid the silicone on everything with 2 people on the boat I can feather it up and get to 33. I then took out 4 people and an ice chest and cant get over 10 so I'm going to say time for the Impellers to go! any recommendations

Stock impellers are VERY hard to beat on your model boat. You can also have yours refurbished; but that would probably be a winter project unless you don’t mind being down while they get reworked. The engines should also be limited to 8,000rpm by the ecms. It is common for the analog tachometers to read high; but 9000 would be unusual.

So I put new impellers on the boat today took the boat out and now the port engine wont go over 5500 rpms and jumps down to 4000 rpms

I have not thrust again!

How long have owned the boat?

When was the last time it ran good?

What part numbers were on your impellers? Did they match the manual

This is my 3rd boating season.

It has ran great till this last month and now issues. Yes on the impellers ordered it from local Yamaha store

went from 45 MPH to 35.

if you hammer the throttle it had no thrust and got bad Cavitation

if you went slow it would get to speed one out of 5 times.

so I sealed everything as much as I could pulled the impeller and replaced them.

I took it out today after doing it and now it wont go over 5500 rpm and bumps down to 4000 rpms

I am going to pull the boat from my slip tonight just to look at everything one more time. I know the plug are only 4 months old but I'm going to change them anyways. I'm hoping that I just missed something.

Something is wrong but it will probably be an easy fix. Keep us informed.

Back