• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Restoring 2007 AR210

Zesco57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well we took out the new to us AR210! Had 7 people on board and loaded down with gear in July on NC coast for our performance test. The left side motor cup throttle cable was pretty stiff and very difficult to put in reverse. The right side motor steering cable was horrible but we wanted to test the boat before we tore it apart. The left side motor ran perfect. Right side had heavy cavitation on take off and would finally start pulling after about 10 seconds and any sort of throttle light to aggressive would cause cavitation on the right side. So first order of business, reseal right side pump.

Took it all the way down to the fiber glass since we had to change the steering cable anyways and thoroughly cleaned all surfaces from build up. If the pump had any silicon at all on it, it deteriorated lonnnng ago lol. Cleaned and prepped all metal surfaces with a soft zizz wheel and cleaned fiberglass by hand with a light wood chisel to avoid scratches and damages. Sealed pump plate, and individual sections with 3M 4200. Didn’t take much sealant for each section and was very careful not to plug the pump vein on left side of pump. Barley any access oozed our and just wiggled in and trimmed access after drying. Doesn’t take much to cause alittle access to squeeze out. Pulled up the gas tank cover and ran the new steering cable up through and installed on steering Collum. No more pullin shoulders trying to dock!!!😂

Attachments

Zesco57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boat out this weekend and WOW. She’s got some power now! Absolutely NO cavitation, steering is a dream, and this baby will cut! Only had 5 people on board this time loaded with gear and it would hit around 40mph with bikini top up. A lot of wind and traffic so we weren’t setting records but it would get up and go! Throttle cable and sound suppression should be here this week.

Buffed, waxed, polished tower, and cleaned entire boat this week. Inside compartments, seats, and metal surfaces were cleaned off. Took me about 4 days after work to get her polished up to acceptable😂 before buffing, removed all the old Decals also just to get a fresh start.

The carpets are pretty rough and the gas tank carpet doesn’t even fit anymore so, she gone! Looking at different options, SeaDek Is looking good! But expensive😳🤦🏻‍♂️

Also had to seal up fuel level sender after finding a pretty decent leak after our first outing which was alittle frightening lol. But after riding around holding that fuel tank cover up while trying to shake the boat, she’s sealed😂 here are some pics of the buff and wax. Will post the throttle cable and tank fix this weekend.

Has anyone tried some sort of apoxy for making the hinge screws tight again on the anchor and jet port cover? Thinking that’s the next move

Also Big Steve @scarfie ft in a few pics!

Attachments

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great job thanks for including pictures,

what was the difficulty factor taking that pump plate off ? I think in the dozen years I've been around only 1-2 have done that,

Zesco57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great job thanks for including pictures,

what was the difficulty factor taking that pump plate off ? I think in the dozen years I've been around only 1-2 have done that,
Wow really!?
The PITA level was about a 6 out of 10 lol. I had to have my dad on the bolt on the outside With a 3/8 battery impact and I held the nut on the inside with a 3/8 deep well socket and ratchet. A wrench wouldn’t fit due to lines and exhaust all around the nuts. Better bring a magnet when you do it! I’m pretty long 6’3 so I could reach down there, but if you don’t have long arms those bottom bolts are definitely a stretch. Only 4 bolts, just hard to reach and gently work it loose to keep from damaging fiberglass and gel coat. Def have to remove that cover above jet ports like I showed to reach the nuts inside.

I’m glad I did cause the sealant on the plate looked like crap as you can see. I cleaned it and used the 4200 on it also. Was alittle nervous being I’ve never worked on a boat before but Keep looking for leaks and nothing yet!

Zesco57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biffdotorg that looks great! Way Better than the carpet. Does that stuff scratch easy? Dogs and what not

And tell him that’s a beautiful boat. Great condition

Zesco57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas one more thing. That fitting you see is for the pump filter. You have to get that hose clamp off too and that can be a chore depending on how it’s turned. Mine was upside down. Idk how they even put it on

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@biffdotorg that looks great! Way Better than the carpet. Does that stuff scratch easy? Dogs and what not

And tell him that’s a beautiful boat. Great condition
Thank you for the compliment, we did really well shopping last fall.

It holds up really well with dogs. Ours has scratches from what was told to us that raccoons got into it. But the dogs never hurt it a bit.

I personally have a much darker color in my 242. The light color he has shows dirt really easily, but cleans up just as easy. I would have gone darker, but it's personal preference. Go with a color that compliments your cushions. And watch for a group buy in a month or two!

Zesco57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biffdotorg i hear ya on the color! Mind specifying what color you chose and some pictures? I think I was looking at storm grey or something like that

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure his is Storm Gray.

My boat has Chocolate over Black, and I love that it is more of a teak/real wood color. But it is a color that Will doesn't offer anymore as many complained of fading. Mine has faded evenly, so I have no issues with it.

And don't forget the "ultra vain" cooler topper in the second photo!

Attachments

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie didn't you have to pull this mounting plate off for your old boat that you sold ??

I'm trying to search for the post about it but can't find anything, if it was do you have a link ?

I was trying to remember if you had any issues before hand or when the new owner got the boat it just started happening ??

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Scottintexas , I’m not sure what mounting plate you are referencing. When I sold my 230 I had to reseal one of the pumps but didn’t pull the ride plate just the impeller/shaft assembly including the thrust and steering nozzles.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas , I’m not sure what mounting plate you are referencing. When I sold my 230 I had to reseal one of the pumps but didn’t pull the ride plate just the impeller/shaft assembly including the thrust and steering nozzles.
ok, I'm getting old and to many memories are getting confused,

I thought you had pulled this plate as the OP has done above,
Thanks for responding,
AE803113-970F-4999-BDC7-BF087A7E6A29.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Scottintexas , it wasn’t me. I looked at the plate and the ride plate but wouldn’t pull them unless I had to, they look like they are glued on tight so pulling them would involve a pry bar and possibly a hammer and torch.

Zesco57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie it actually came off pretty easy. But that plate is nasty looking. The same clear sealant was used on it but I used 4200 this time around. Thing runs great now!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Zesco57 thanks for letting me know. I hope I never have to remove that plate but I’m glad to hear it shouldn’t be too tough if i do.

4200 should be good enough. I used 5200 and still have body aches every time I think about how difficult it was to remove.

Zesco57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok guys! So been really busy at work this month but I got some goodies and knocked out some more to do on the AR210.

Installed stereo head unit, Ordered the wrong throttle cable😤 needed the “reverse throttle cable” for the jet cup cable. Should have read the fine lines lol. But swapped it out! Resealed the fuel level sender with Motoseal and it has worked perfect! No more leaks. After taking apart the throttle assembly and installing the cable then installing it in the rear of boat, no leaks and WOW wayyyy easier to control reverse now!

Made the big mistake of pulling it to the gas station with no cover and now after reading the forms found out how easy the passenger seat flys out on these babys. Crap.
AND how hard it is to find a new one,...... new or old part numbers seem to be no longer Available.
So, met with a local boat guy here in Wilmington and got a ply wood cut out of his current seat in the SX210 and going to have to have one made.

Mean time, still haven’t installed the sound material but I have it in my possession. I have put her through the test this weekend at Lake Murray, SC with 7 people on board, one being a 275lbs body builder big dog😂 the left side motor is cavitating slightly Which doesn’t surprise me being it’s never been sealed so gonna have to do that side next! had a man in the water on a wake board and pulled him up with 7 people on board and a half way pulling motor! Awesome! Girl friend dad’s four Winn 24’ could bearly get me out of the water on a slolem ski with just me him and her and this ar210 gets me up and gets it done with 5 people on board.

This week I’m gonna try to Get the sound material installed, seal the motor, and figure out why this thing isn’t charging. That was a pain in the butt, but didn’t ruin the weekend!

Only used almost half a tank of fuel and the four Winn sucked it all down. And we were pretty close on run time. So far very stoked!
Also with heavy wind and all that weight wide open was about 38 miles a hour and 45ish with two people.

Here are some pics For viewing pleasure! Feast Yee eyes!👀

Attachments