• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 : Low oil pressure after oil change

Equilibrium

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all. Need some help on this.
2018 SX210; my friends boat, but has to be like 30 hours or something like that
We changed the oil a couple of weeks back. (filters as well)
Did port first, over filled and sucked some back out to make normal.
Starboard went fine.
Ran both engines at idle in slip and did fine no lights etc.
They went back out last week and port engine with low oil pressure light. they came back in immediately. So we thought ' maybe there is too much oil or something'.
Well we pulled all the oil out and then put in the right amount. (did not change the filter this time)
Same issue. At idle no lights. When in gear and under load 3-4k light comes on "low pressure light" within 30 sec
Normal oil on the dip.

Odd. appreciate any help

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never seen this in mine, the one good trip out, and it being limited to the port seems to be possible indicators of the process.

I'm not certain if the SX has the TR-1, so some things to check may not be applicable if it has a different motor, but I'll proceed as if that's the case

Do you recall filling at both points for the oil change? It doesn't seem like this could be the problem at all, but I'm throwing everything out there just in case - it can't hurt to consider, even if it's ridiculous in theory.

If you pulled oil from multiple spots, one would be the hose at the back of the engine, was that reattached, and clamped back on the holder? Simple pressure loss might be enough from a bad clamp job, but not having had this problem myself, this is nothing more than a guess.

When you removed the filter, do you recall seeing the anti-drainback valve in it? Due to the position of the filter, I don't think this would be the problem, but I can't rule it out, as I can't picture it in my mind and I've never seen that valve in person so I can't rule it out.

Is the oil filter a Yamaha, or some other brand? If other, what's the info on it - brand & number?

Any other info come up in the Connext menu, or was that investigated? Might be something else in the menus, but this might be another item that's not especially fruitful - still worth ruling it out

Last things to check off the top of my head are - dipstick snugged back down, black plug at the top snugged down, and extraction hose point securely against the bracket with the clamp secured close to the bracket and not closer to the end of the nipple of that bracket.

Also @FSH 210 Sport bat signal.

Let us know how this goes, and PLEASE follow up and close the loop on this for us, and others, when the source of this problem is tracked down

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello all. Need some help on this.
2018 SX210; my friends boat, but has to be like 30 hours or something like that
We changed the oil a couple of weeks back. (filters as well)
Did port first, over filled and sucked some back out to make normal.
Starboard went fine.
Ran both engines at idle in slip and did fine no lights etc.
They went back out last week and port engine with low oil pressure light. they came back in immediately. So we thought ' maybe there is too much oil or something'.
Well we pulled all the oil out and then put in the right amount. (did not change the filter this time)
Same issue. At idle no lights. When in gear and under load 3-4k light comes on "low pressure light" within 30 sec
Normal oil on the dip.

Odd. appreciate any help
-My question would be why you pulled all the oil out and re filled to try to affect repair?
-What engines are in that boat?
-Explain how you checked the oil level please, be precise in your description.
-What oil did you put in the engines?

It speaks to a low oil level if the pressure is okay at idle but not okay running.