• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 - 2014 212X Front Cup Holder Mod

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There are plenty of mods and upgrades but this one is def on the top of my list. It drives me crazy to wash the boat and see the water swirling around like a flushed toilet and draining down under the front seats. Def a chance for mold or mildew. They pipe everything else nicely like the glove box drain and driver cup holder.

OR I just thought as I was typing, maybe a lid of some sort?? Anyone else have this peeve driving them crazy?? Ill get to the LED and tower speakers AFTER this mod.....lol

Frontcupmod212X.png

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yep I was thinking the same thing as a took everything thing out of my front under seat storage compartments. Sub moves get that area pretty wet. I have a fan blowing on it now, but that won't cure the musty smell.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Im gonna look at it this weekend......maybe pipe them into the helm and dash drain on each side or even just to the ski locker would be good. OR maybe just out in the deck ...let self bail do the rest.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
x2...I am wondering how to pipe in the drains on an '07 230. I have not looked into the Yamaha parts yet to see if they offer it.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had an '06 23o I think the same....just onto the carpet below the front seats. Glad im not the only one with this pet peeve! lol

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bumping an old thread but as I am doing my sound system upgrade I can't believe Yamaha did not install drain tubes on all cup holders, most drain onto carpeted holds! I ordered some 3/8 I.D. Hose and will drain them all properly while I have everything opened up. Good thing I don't have a foul smell already after last season but I can see how that would happen easily.