• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 Yamaha 212x, quality of surf wave?

wdempsey7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm looking at a 2012 Yamaha 212x for my first boat. However, I've owned 2 Yamaha Wave-raiders for 27 years. I've decided to purchase used for my first boat to get the feel of boat ownership. I would really like to get an x-series for the kids to surf behind, however, I've heard that the 2012 212x doesn't do a good job at making a surf wave and you can't add Yamaha's wave-booster. Any suggestions on what year/model I should be looking for? Does anyone want to sell me theirs and get the 2021 255X(E or D). That is the one I'm thinking I'll get in a couple of years if all goes well. Thx

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you plan on surfing definitely buy the X model that has the ballast already there.

Since the 2012 will not fit the wakebooster the other option is the wake wedge. The wake wedge, factory ballast, the fatsac transom ballast bag will get you the best wave. Also adding a speed control like ridesteady is also a must have for surfing.

All over this forum is people talking about surfing, ballast, and speed control systems. Put those key words in and search some threads on the subject.

www.wakewedge.surf
Wake wedge and Ballast

www.transomwatersports.com
Great for getting you the right surfboard.

www.hydrophase.com/ridesteady
Speed control

Spitz23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I modified a booster to fit my 12 212x. Couldn't use wake wedge with the thrust vectors I have because of binding issues.
Could you explain how you modified it to fit. I also have a 2012.