• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 212SS - Horsepower

Jmulvihill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am trying to find out the "official" HP numbers for the 1.8L HO motors that are in the 2014 212SS. I see references to 320HP (160HP each) and 360HP (180HP each). Yamaha does not seem to publish HP numbers, but my insurance company wants to know total HP so they can give me an accurate quote for this boat I am buying. I could care less, but would hate to tell them 320, have an issue, then they come back and say that it is really 360 and therefore I wasn't paying enough for my insurance, blah blah blah, we aren't gonna pay...

Please advise if you have any insight. I have searched and found the differences spreadsheet that shows 320 total, but then other posts where 360 is referenced by seemingly other long-time Yamaha owners & admins.

Thanks all!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There should be a KW number on the top of the engine. Do the calculations and provide that to the insurance company. I believe it is lower than 180 hp.

Jmulvihill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
There should be a KW number on the top of the engine. Do the calculations and provide that to the insurance company. I believe it is lower than 180 hp.
Good call. I will look for that once I get the boat, when I go for the final policy to cover it.