• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 242 LS boats, and Ramp n Clamp problem.....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I feel your pain @tdonoughue . No matter what gadgets I come up with...I still have some work to do and to avoid the inevitable scratch! Not worrying about it is the key. But some of the gadgets are far better than others...boat buckles, those are worth their weight! Box anchors too! And a back up camera!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not planning to replace my boat buddy II, possibly with one of these ,until it dies (the pin gets bent or the cover cracks) but if anyone here is looking to off load their slightly used ramp n clamp please send me pm with the selling price including shipping to 94587 as well as payment information like a mailing or paypal email address. Note that I am not willing to pay anywhere near the new price, if I was I'd just buy new.

@Rigger , I used to have two large scuff plates mounted on the bow. The first one's lower edges snagged the boat buddy and got bent 90 degrees. I ended up removing it completely but could have avoided this buy making sure the bow guards edges conformed to the hull, especially where the step is. As usual hind sight is 20/20 now I have scratches where the bow guard used to be but I'm fortunate that I didn't remove any paint or gel coat when I removed the bow guard. At the same time, to put this into perspective and as someone else already said, "it's just a boat".

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello,

I just became aware of this thread. Obviously there is a fitment issue with the Yamaha boats that have ridges in the hull in front of the bow eye. The ridges are grabbing the cover while sliding off the boat. If you have this type of hull please stop using the Ramp-N-Clamp. We have over 1800 of these in use over the last 24 months and this is the only boat hull that has done this.

We can develop a cover with a longer and rounded back side extension so that the ridges can't grab it. Until then I will gladly give a full refund to any Yamaha owners that have this type of hull.

Thank you,
Joe

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do you expect the timeframe is until you have the new covers ready to ship?

Ramp-N-Clamp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will print it this weekend and get it to Stoltz Rollers next week. They will take 2-3 weeks for molds and another week for parts. So 4 weeks is an estimate.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Ramp-N-Clamp , we are glad to have your input here on jetboaters.net. As with anything, there are common misconceptions and differences between one boat or another. And retailers and online sellers don't often know the difference. That is what makes jetboaters.net so great, we provide that feedback and intel for our members as a group, so that the learning curve is not so great. So as @Murf'n'surf said, what is the timeframe to modify the ramp-n-clamp to work well with our various boat models? Our earlier boats have more of a V bow and the later ones more rounded...they all have the sponsons graduating the hull from the keel up the sides. Our boats don't have them much more than other boat lines, but maybe they have them terminate at the bow farther forward than some? Anyway, we are glad to welcome you to jetboaters.net and welcome your participation and expertise!

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ramp-N-Clamp Joe, honestly, this is great news!!!! As I said in my original email to you I want this to work. I will hang on to mine and just wait for the new design, however long it takes!! We'll work on an exchange then. I'd be happy to be one of your test subjects if you need one. I've got the resources :winkingthumbsup"

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length