• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR210 overheats in-use AND also when flushing

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes the block does drain.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok,took boat out today,I started back flushing water intake hoses with garden hose,and thermostat intake very clean no sand or anything,noticed that water flow with engine running to thermostat was just a steady flow,didn't Increase when I raised rpms? At higher rpms water flow should increase right? As long as I ran around 2000 rpms,alarms didn't go off,ran up to 6000 rpms took about 20-30 minutes,alarm went off,pushed button on gauge to silence,idled down to 2000 brought back to dock,running low on fuel,I should get more water pressure when raising rpms right,I'll check again tomorrow

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As rpms increase, flow out of the pilots should increase. But that water bypasses the engine and stays with the manifolds/exhausts. You may be able to isolate the problem area(s) by running on the hose in No-wake mode and taking infra red readings along the exhaust manifolds as close to the block as you can get.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Manifolds have been very cool at all times,with infrared,I'll gas up and get more readings,what is considered. High temps for readings at heads,block,which areas am I looking for? Near sensors?

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most previous readings have been cool except near thermoswitch sensor,around195

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll put yds back on too and check sensor readings compared to infrared

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seemed to not overheat on hose I'll check again

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most previous readings have been cool except near thermoswitch sensor,around195
If that reading was by the Engine thermoswitch, located by Cylinder #1, then it is getting to the upper limit of the sensor. That could be the problem area. Try running at No-wake on hose and see if that area gets over 195.

Waterman1957

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If that reading was by the Engine thermoswitch, located by Cylinder #1, then it is getting to the upper limit of the sensor. That could be the problem area. Try running at No-wake on hose and see if that area gets over 195.
Ok , exactly what I'm thinking,I'll retest,how do I know if no wake mode is engaged? Doesn't seem to change anything when operating?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When No-Wake is activated, engine will run at rpms above idle. When temps start spiking above 200, sensor will trip. I know that is hard to determine if overheating is only registering at high rpms. However, if there is a comparatively hotter area along the manifold at No-Wake rpms, that may be an indicator of what is happening at higher rpms.