• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Ltd Connext - Replace Polk with Fusion?

cyclops

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone attempted to replace their polk head unit with fusion? Benefits include higher line out voltage to your amps, meaning less noise. Not to mention PartyBus feature, theoretically allowing connectivity to other boats. And an improved bluetooth receiver. I don't even use the built-in bluetooth in the polk anymore, so the Polk is really just a volume control with a remote at the stern, and helm controls through Connext. Replacing this and retaining functionality means replacing the remote at the stern, replacing the head unit behind the helm, and somehow splicing into the N2K/CAN that goes through the tachometers to the Connext MFD. Has anyone here attempted that last part yet? I've spent the last few hours in wiring diagrams from the service manual, plus installation instructions for fusion. I haven't yet ordered the fusion, but considering and researching first.

schellski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m also curious about this. I would assume that if it can com with the new connext that it may also be compatible with the 2015-17 boats? I’ve searched the forums but haven’t found this particular scenario.

anyone else weigh in?

cyclops

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Big_O

Reaction score