• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 ar240 connext touch screen not working

Skyturd31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I was able to get to the calibration screen. I think my touch-screen is dead. Gave this about 10 tries each; resetting and recalibrating. It simply will not accept inputs except at the very top edge of the screen.

This was helpful though!
So if the screen is not recalibrating and the only location that it accepts touch is at the top, how do I fix that?

2018, 212x

Skyturd31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I was able to get to the calibration screen. I think my touch-screen is dead. Gave this about 10 tries each; resetting and recalibrating. It simply will not accept inputs except at the very top edge of the screen.

This was helpful though!
I pulled screen out and cleaned it with iso alcohol

Attachments

Skyturd31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Still not working except at the top of screen

tonyGinFL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
What others have reported is that the touch screen delaminates (from sun exposure) negating the resistance to "touch". I believe that's what happened to my screen (living in FL). Every recalibration it got worse until it totally stopped recognizing "touch".

During the pandemic I ordered a resistive touch TFT screen replacement (ebay China, was $17). Even though I took some measurements, t's (not an exact duplicate) about 1/8" off each dimension and the 4-wire ribbon is an inch short to reach the connector and on the wrong side of the glass (see image).

If you pull the rubber boot (weather seal) from the glass, you'll see how the glass and lcd screen are mated (glued).

My plan is to remove (unglue) the touch glass from the lcd unit (they are two different components). This is not your typical DIY fix. Not in a total rush to get this done. I'll post an after result when I get the nerve to take the next step.

For now I'm using the joystick while we're on the water.

Attachments

Last edited:

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What others have reported is that the touch screen delaminates (from sun exposure) negating the resistance to "touch". I believe that's what happened to my screen (living in FL). Every recalibration it got worse until it totally stopped recognizing "touch".

During the pandemic I ordered a resistive touch TFT screen replacement (ebay China, was $17). Even though I took some measurements, t's (not an exact duplicate) about 1/8" off each dimension and the 4-wire ribbon is an inch short to reach the connector and on the wrong side of the glass (see image).

If you pull the rubber boot (weather seal) from the glass, you'll see how the glass and lcd screen are mated (glued).

My plan is to remove (unglue) the touch glass from the lcd unit (they are two different components). This is not your typical DIY fix. Not in a total rush to get this done. I'll post an after result when I get the nerve to take the next step.

For now I'm using the joystick while we're on the water.
How did it turn out?

Radams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any luck with replacing the touch screen

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone have a unit that was replaced? I work on electronics and if you want to donate the dead unit I’ll tear it down and figure out a fix if it’s possible.

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
reupping on Does anyone have a unit that was replaced? I work on electronics and if you want to donate the dead unit I’ll tear it down and figure out a fix if it’s possible.

ScubaMike

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So bought my 2015 ar240 used and the touch screen did not work by touching had to use joystick or hard buttons for everything. Thought we would need a whole new screen but this reset fixed it.

Hold the system control button down for 5 seconds, will enter a hidden screen, scroll to touch screen with joystick, you will have 2 options. Reset screen to factory settings (I tried this and it didn't rectify prob) other options is recalibrate screen. I pushed this and it put X on screen to push (it recommend stylus I used finger) do this for every corner.

It now works, hope this can help someone
This is fantastic news! Can't wait to try this on my screen. 🤞🤞

Radman7734

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sadly it’s definitely the screens and the one on my boat doesn’t have any non-touchscreen buttons. I got it replaced under warranty but I’m sure it will be a reoccurring problem…