• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 - HELP w/ checklist of items and accessories

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@soggyshoes ....... Many Thanks. 1 of the BEST WRITE-UPS I've seen in quite awhile. Well done, Son, IMHO.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just to reiterate two important points... both have been made, but they're the most important IMO and can easily be overlooked.

First time out, don't take the family. I have a new to me 212X that I hope to get out for the first trip today. I've already told the wife to go shopping instead. If I feel okay about everything after a couple hours, I'll swing by and pick her up. We make stupid mistakes when we're under pressure from other people. You need to be relaxed and comfortable the first few times out... having a group of people yammering at you when the clean out plugs are bouncing around in the tray does not accomplish that.

Run the blower! Gas fumes are heavier than normal air and sink to the bottom of the hull. The blower gets them out, just opening the hatch doesn't. I stop in the parking area and prep the boat before launch. I turn on the blower while I'm putting in the drain plug, undoing the transom hitches, etc. I just leave it running until I leave the canal.

Congrats and have fun!

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some really good tips guys... I'm so thankful to be a part of this forum! I have even talked to numerous people on the phone and everyone is so helpful. I wish I could buy everyone a drink!!! lol I'm ordering my jetboaters.net spare tire cover today! =)

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have said it a million times, but this forum is one of the best reasons to own a Yamaha. Other than a catastrophic failure, this forum is better at solving any issue with your boat than the majority of dealerships. That not only saves you money from not bringing it to the dealer for repair, but precious time. Our boating season in Upstate New York is realistically about 12-14 weeks long. I don't want my boat sitting in the Yamaha dealer lot for 3 weeks waiting for service.