• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 ar240 with 1 motor not getting more than 6500 rps

Matthew Carter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got a 2015 yamaha ar240 that the starboard motor is getting 7500+ rpm's but the port is topping out at no more than 6500 rpm's.

I changed all the spark plugs, check that each was getting spark. It sat for 18 months waiting on parts for a warranty repair on the starboard motor due to a timing chain failure. The fuel was treated and after getting the boat back, I put 10 hours on it in Feb (freezing my ass off) to test it out good and it ran perfectly. In May the O2 sensor error came on for both motors and the dealer swapped the O2 sensors but it didn't resolve the power issue. My faith in the dealer is null at this point.

I'm thinking fuel pump issue or maybe a clogg in the fuel line for that motor but I wanted to see if anyone here had similar issues and was able to resolve it?

Did you check the oil level in that motor? It should be below the top line. Also check your injectors, could be bad one or bad connection, you can swap with your other motor to check that.

Back