• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Chaparral 243 Vortex VRX twin 250's

James Bertschi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
this may sound pretty stupid, but I have no idea where to look to see the engine hours? heck, I haven't even been able to link my bluetooth iphone to the radio.

does the touch screen have a spot that tells each engines hours ? or do I have to get it hooked up to a computer/hand held from a tech?

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It does, on the main home screen, click on the fuel level, this will show you basic info like hours, current fuel economy, top speed and total miles, etc.

jasper081377

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
You'll love it. I've got a 223 with only twin 150's and still love mine. Except mine is all shrink wrapped up now for about 4 moe months. Where you at? Looks cold but drivable.
i need help!!!! about to purchase a brand new 2015 VR with twin 150s supercharged, my fear is they will not have enough power..... am I wrong to think this?yes I know its 2019 however found a dealer that has one that has never been in the water and is literally giving it away.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i need help!!!! about to purchase a brand new 2015 VR with twin 150s supercharged, my fear is they will not have enough power..... am I wrong to think this?yes I know its 2019 however found a dealer that has one that has never been in the water and is literally giving it away.
150's are not supercharged.
They will be fine just not a rocket and if you do wake sports it may be lackluster.
You will save on gas though!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Oh, and please do a very thorough water test and ask for extra warranty.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
They will be fine just not a rocket and if you do wake sports it may be lackluster.
@jasper081377 As said above, if it’s supercharged it’s either a 200 or 250 hp engine. Here’s a sheet on the engines Link .

I do have the twin 150’s. The only time I’ve wanted more hp is for top end speed. But that’s just for when I want to push it. I get 40mph with my set up but 99% of time I am cruising at 30-35 at most. My boat jumps out of water onto plane. I have slalomed skied behind it with 4 adults and couple teens in boat, and I’m 6’ 200+ — so it has power.

Definitely get it in the water and try it out. I think you’ll never satisfied and if they’re selling it at a good price that’s great too! Let us know how it goes.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You didn't say what size boat either. Bigger boat will want more power.
My 212ss with twin 160hp does great all around but only 21' the bigger boats do fine too but also have the room for more people, more gear, etc. More weight = less speed and worse mileage.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please be nice and gentle to the boats, I like to buy them cheap and used.... See you in 6-10 years.

jasper081377

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
After researching I’m aware the 150s are not supercharged. The boat has the supercharged badging and the engine covers say supercharged. However the build sheet states it has Twin Rotax 150s......something isn’t right and it looks like the build sheet maybe wrong. Going back this weekend to inspect the motors to see if they have super chargers. If they do I’m gonna probably take it. It will come with the full warranty that will start date of purchase as if it was purchased in 2015. If anything looks fishy then I’ll just walk away from it.

jasper081377

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
You didn't say what size boat either. Bigger boat will want more power.
My 212ss with twin 160hp does great all around but only 21' the bigger boats do fine too but also have the room for more people, more gear, etc. More weight = less speed and worse mileage.
It’s a 223, 22 footer