• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2015 SeaDek Group Buy

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot I can wait for mine as well. I don't plan to install it right away.

Thanks for the great sale!

Flower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will, no rush for me here in NJ. Boat is already tucked away for the winter.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was debating tackling this project this weekend along with a few others. The are calling for high temps in the 75 degree range and low around 60 should I wait for warmer weather or would this probably be ok?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was debating tackling this project this weekend along with a few others. The are calling for high temps in the 75 degree range and low around 60 should I wait for warmer weather or would this probably be ok?
That was the weather conditions I did mine in last spring and the mats are still sticking really well. If I get my mats and have similar weather I will put the on.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I started to pull my old Hydro Turf off this weekend in preparation. With that being said, I have a full set of Hydro Turf in excellent condition available to the highest bidder :D

hydro turf.jpg

Actually came off pretty clean. Pictures below are after pulling and then after a light scrubbing with soap and water only. I guess I got lucky... :winkingthumbsup"

deck 1.jpg

deck 2.jpg

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am not in any hurry...today might be the last time I see 60 degrees for 6 months :(

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I started to pull my old Hydro Turf off this weekend in preparation. With that being said, I have a full set of Hydro Turf in excellent condition available to the highest bidder :D

View attachment 30327

Actually came off pretty clean. Pictures below are after pulling and then after a light scrubbing with soap and water only. I guess I got lucky... :winkingthumbsup"

View attachment 30328

View attachment 30329
I think you got lucky. Mines become a PITA! What kind of soap did you wash it dow with?

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@njmr2fan It wasn;t so much the soap that really did anything, I just used some car soap I had in the garage with a bristle brush. When I pulled it off, I was left with a bunch of tiny round "buttons" of foam left on the bumps of the non-skid. These really almost just wiped off or I used a light touch from a putty knife. I also had a fair amount of dirt and black dust from the Turf that was on there. The soap was to remove just the dirt and dust. I got lucky. I was mentally prepared for it to be a pain but oh so glad it wasn't too.

I don't know, maybe we are talking 7 year old turf on mine vs your brand new turf too. I had a fair amount of swamp water up underneath mine too that stunk to high hell. It was ready to come off and it was time...

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg
Woohoo!
Just delivered, which reminds me, I dislike the way UPS and other delivery people drop stuff off and ring the doorbell then run back to their truck. I wish they would just drop it off without the doorbell business, makes the dog freak out for no reason.

I was planning on installing right after I got it but I have a hernia that is crippling me and have surgery scheduled next week, so it'll be a couple weeks before I get started on it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wayloncle, if you ask them or leave a note I am sure they will be happy to avoid ringing the bell. I know my UPS guys well and they place everything in a deck box. Emma and Gavin have been thanking them with okra and tomatoes

Now onto that hernia. Your string of bad luck has to end. Hopefully it is a quick, easy and complete fix.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wayloncle, if you ask them or leave a note I am sure they will be happy to avoid ringing the bell. I know my UPS guys well and they place everything in a deck box. Emma and Gavin have been thanking them with okra and tomatoes

Now onto that hernia. Your string of bad luck has to end. Hopefully it is a quick, easy and complete fix.
I've been meaning to make a sign to mount beside the button that says "Please don't push unless you want to see us in person"...or something like that.

This definitely has NOT been my favorite 5 month span! I did make it through September without anything major happening:)

atkinse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got my tracking number, needs to come all the way to the Desert here in the UAE.

Boating season is just starting here now, cant wait

gmoney32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got the first few pads on this weekend. Removing the old Hydro Turf was an awful process and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Well, maybe my worst enemy. It came off in little bits and pieces and still left the adhesive below. I lost track of time, but it probably took 4 hours to get the pad and most of the adhesive residue off. And then another hour with acetone getting all the remaining sticky residue off and fully clean. My hands are wrecked with blisters and cuts.

On the bright side, the pads were super easy to lay down and look great. I didn't take a picture in process, only after everything was off and clean.

I still have the pad on top of the anchor locker to take off, but I'm saving that for another day.

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Received mine yesterday afternoon. Boat is stored for the season. Will have to wait till spring. Sigh...

Might unpack the box and use the seadek as an area rug...lol......

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From my experience last year.....

If you plan on storing it until spring, take it out of the box and lay the pieces flat so they don't get the curl in their "memory".

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I unpacked and stored mine flat under a bed over the winter. They installed very easily in the spring.