• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2015 SeaDek Group Buy

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys.

We are sponsoring another SeaDek group buy for JetBoaters.net members who own Yamaha boats plus any other boats for which we have pre-templated kits on file. See the website link below to verify if your boat has been pre-templated.

We will launch the group buy on September 1, 2015 and will close it out on Sept. 30, 2015.

To sign up you simply need to e-mail me, Will, at will@jetboatpilot.com with your boat, mat choice and color choice plus your jetboaters.net user name. Once we've tallied up the number of guys that are in we will announce the totals and apply the price accordingly. Here's the structure.

1 Cockpit kit & Swim Platform kit = 1 unit
1 Cockpit kit = 1 Unit
1 Swim Platform Kit = 1/2 unit

1-10 units = 10% off total purchae
11-15 units = 15% off total purchase price
16-20 units = 20% off total purchase price
21-25 units = 25% off total purchase price
26+ units = 30% off total purchase price

Logos and other custom work will not be discounted. Call for details on logos or custom jobs. Custom logos are $75 for the first mat and $50 per additional mat.

Keep in mind, if you order a cockpit kit with a swim platform kit you save $50.00 up front plus your discount is calculated from the discounted combo price.

Please review our website (link below) for standard mat layouts and optional mats. Prices are there for your review.

https://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_category=89&controller=category (SeaDek Link)

Once the group buy is ready to launch on September 1, 2015 we will announce here on this thread and will be here to take orders by phone, at 850-867-1410.

If you have questions feel free to call or write anytime.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any chance we can work something out to get them before the 30th? I'm headed to the Keys that week... with the boat... and I'd like to get rid of the carpet before that trip. :S

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It depends on where we are with the count. The selling price is determined by the final paid ticket count.

That presents some challenges with getting the kit billed and cut early. I may end up charging you too much or too little.

Does that make sense?

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot , you know of anybody that has changed faux teak colors on a suede grey '15 Limited S from the dark brown faux teak to the storm grey faux teak?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Patrice Robinet I noticed you were asking about this on the old group buy thread. Enjoy.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have not seen anyone choose storm gray on a limited but if you did I believe the color would clash with the upholstery. The chocolate over black is a perfect match for the upholstery and the existing swim platform pads.

PyroIV

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Definitely in. Just can't decide on color.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not seen anyone choose storm gray on a limited but if you did I believe the color would clash with the upholstery. The chocolate over black is a perfect match for the upholstery and the existing swim platform pads.
I agree the dark color looks good but it also gets extremely hot on your feet unless you wet it. Just looking for a work around..

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Seems like I had a customer in Miami that bought the storm gray over black kit. I am not sure if he is on the forum and the kit was sold through a dealer so I don't know if I can get pictures. I will try though.

BryanW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I was thinking of doing this.... but looks like there isn't a template for the Sea Doo 210s? :((2011 - 210 SP)

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We do have the kit for the SeaDoo 210 models from 2010-2012.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe I'm in on this ......email sent

BryanW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
We do have the kit for the SeaDoo 210 models from 2010-2012.
@JetBoatPilot Can you send me a link to it? Using the link above/website under SEADEK -> Sea Doo Boats -> I only get the Challenger 180 swim deck option ?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're in for this one too. Just need to decide what will look the best.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, I have had a couple false starts and researched other options...and this time I am ready to join.
Chocolate over black for my 2012 242 Limited S.

I am still a little uncertain over the difference between "Faux Teak" vs. the "Two Color Brushed". I see where it is the "same material"...but the website gives me the choice between the two (in addition to Two color brushed w border surface).

Any more details on that difference?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought faux teak was supposed to mimic the look of a smooth teak floor board vs the brushed which is just a solid panel of material that instead of a smooth finish has a stickier "brushed finish" almost like a broom swept concrete finish vs a smooth one. Who the hell knows... I could be way off, I've had 6 cups of coffee

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The teak and brushed mats are the same in raw form. It is merely a matter of machine time to produce the mats that dictates the price. Teak is more elaborate so more machine time. Two color brushed is simpler so less machine time. The other option, two color wih a border is the same as the base option but we add a border one inch inset from the edge of the mat.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A member asked me about how our flooring was holding up and would we do it again. This was my response which is a resounding YES!

Ours is actually hydro teak which is a discontinued JetBoatPilot product. SeaDek is a better product. SeaDek is closed cell foam while mine is open cell. The closed cell foam is tougher and harder to stain.

We love it! I hated cleaning and drying the carpets. After salt water use I just go to the car wash and spray out the interior including the flooring or use a pressure washer at home.

We installed ours two years ago. A friend installed a competitive product he bought on EBay about the same time. He followed the same installation process but it often having to glue his mats down. Ours have stayed down perfectly.

At Shelbyville another JetBoater commented about how the flooring looked new and was surprised when I told him it was two years old.

We do have less than 10 typically around 1/4 spots where impact has penetrated the top layer of the two layer design. One of these is where I fumbled with the corner of a group 31 battery battery. Another is where I dropped a 19 volt cordless screwdriver bit first. We picked up some in the bow from a heavy ice chest bouncing around in 4' to 6' seas for four hours on the way to Bimini this year. But nothing has penetrated the lower layer. My understanding is that SeaDek is less likely to be penetrated in such a way.

I am very happy with how our flooring has held up. It would be one of my first mods on a new boat. Probably right after a refrigerator and trim tabs.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am still a little uncertain over the difference between "Faux Teak" vs. the "Two Color Brushed"
This is the teak look. It is much more intricate like planks of wood. I feel that it has a useful purpose of adding grip as well as looking better. But since I already paid for the extra cutting time I might be a little biased.

image.jpg

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep. In on this!!