• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2015 SeaDek Group Buy

tdogg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Received my cockpit kit before Thanksgiving. It is under the bed till spring. Thanks for the great deal!

Cheers,
Toby

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine just arrived today...unfortunately though, I won't see the boat until it comes out of storage at the end of March. Man I miss my boat!

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was 36 degrees this morning, so I started my install. To my very pleasant surprise, all the back decking came up in single sheets. I used a plastic scraper to get under a corner. When I got about an inch up (enough to grab it), I gave it a tug and it just came right up. Only adhesive left was the little spot where I got the scraper under to start it. Had it all off in about 10 minutes. The anchor locker was a different story, but not by much. It did not come up all in one sheet. More like 50 pieces. Even at that, I used the plastic scraper at a 45 degree angle with short strokes and that cleaned right up. Maybe 30 minutes for that part. No chemicals on either and both are clean as a whistle. I was really dreading that part and it was a piece of cake.

Then I pulled the snaps, cleaned and filled the holes. The rest of the install will need to wait until the temperature is over 60 degrees...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
... and today it was 75, so I ran up after work...20160115_185711.jpg

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Installed my cockpit kit today. Was a very quick install. Hoping to get the swim deck done this week. Thanks @JetBoatPilot

image.jpeg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got the right weather and time away from other projects to install my Seadek (cant figure out yet how to remove the seat).

Wife loves it, says it made the boat look way more classy, expensive looking. I cant argue. Dog likes it, i guess she feels more secure on in. Kids said "Dad, thats cool!" :winkingthumbsup" Again, I cant argue.

I'm not sure why I thought the swim deck and ski locker were going to be 1 piece (They're actually 2) I would have preferred 1 solid piece on each of the swim deck platforms and the ski locker, but hey, maybe by the time we're replacing it they'll have an upgraded design.

20160312_155056.jpg 20160312_155814.jpg

*Yes, I know I screwed one up... I noticed my customized installation when I stepped back to admire it... Oh well, Now its personalized.

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg image.jpeg I finished my install this week as well.
I messed up the alignment on one little piece that I'll probably wind up reordering so I can fix it. I'll probably be the only one that notices it unless I point it out...but it'll bother me every time I see it:-/

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got the right weather and time away from other projects to install my Seadek (cant figure out yet how to remove the seat).

Wife loves it, says it made the boat look way more classy, expensive looking. I cant argue. DOg likes it, i guess she feels more secure on in. Kids said "Dad, thats cool!" :winkingthumbsup" Again, I cant argue.

I'm not sure why I thought the swim deck and ski locker were going to be 1 piece (They're actually 2) I would have preferred 1 solid piece on each of the swim deck platforms and the ski locker, but hey, maybe by the time we're replacing it they'll have an upgraded design.

View attachment 34159 View attachment 34160
@njmr2fan I paid a little bit extra and got the ski locker as one piece. I don't remember about the swim deck, I do know that I got a few of the pieces combined. Will said it has to do with getting the most pieces out of a sheet of material and that is why the slight up-charge to get them combined. I am still waiting for my boat to come out of storage (two more weeks) and then some warm weather (hopefully not too warm before I strip the old stuff off) to do the install. If I remember I will post pics of the combined pieces once they are installed.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish I knew that I would've definitely had them cut as singles.

I was able to remove the old mat so cleanly that I'm going to use it to cut out for steps around the trailer. 1457965198503866573245.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 34171 View attachment 34172 I finished my install this week as well.
I messed up the alignment on one little piece that I'll probably wind up reordering so I can fix it. I'll probably be the only one that notices it unless I point it out...but it'll bother me every time I see it:-/
Its not that bad, I made a mistake as well that I only realized after everything was stomped down and ready to admire. LOL No worries!

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I might be one of the last guys to get my 2015 group buy kit installed but heck I live in Minnesota and I had to wait for some warmer weather!

This is so much better looking than the carpet and now I don't have to worry about dragging wet carpet home to dry between trips. My back is killing me from the install but I am so happy with the outcome that I would do it again if I had to. Only a couple of snap holes did not get covered and they are hardly noticeable.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't installed mine yet...too many other boat projects to get done first.
1. Stainless Steel Cup holders with LED rings - Done
2. LED accent lighting on seats and in compartments - Done
3. Upgraded from the 900 lumen boat plug LED to the 8000 lumen boat plug LED - Done
4. Upgraded bimini connect hardware to the quick release type - Done
5. Water/Fuel Separator Filters - not done
6. PerfectPass - not done
7. Seadek - patiently waiting!

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi All, realize this is a bit of an old thread, but I'll be starting my install this weekend. What do you all recommend to plug the carpet snap holes?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi All, realize this is a bit of an old thread, but I'll be starting my install this weekend. What do you all recommend to plug the carpet snap holes?
A little dab of 5200 or 4200 or white caulking.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What he ^ said.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do you guys sand it after, or just fill in the hole flush, and cover it up with the SeaDek?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you guys sand it after, or just fill in the hole flush, and cover it up with the SeaDek?
I squeezed some in the hole, smoothed it with a piece of the package the 5200 came in that was within reach, and moved on.
Even the hole or two that isn't covered by SeaDek looks good.