• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 sx190 or 2010 ar210

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hey guys I have the opportunity to buy a 2015 sx190 with very low hours for 18,000

And also can buy a 2010 ar210 for the same price not sure on the hours

I was leaning towards a 190

Will be used on the weekend for family of 3 and porbablt have another person or two with us

Pulling tubes and what not, the wakeboard tower isn't required and would actually have to come off each time to be parked into garage

What do you guys think? Is the newer boat better then the older boat as far as finishes? Power? Room?
It's hard to compare them both I have not viewed the 210 yet

Michael H

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hey guys I have the opportunity to buy a 2015 sx190 with very low hours for 18,000

And also can buy a 2010 ar210 for the same price not sure on the hours

I was leaning towards a 190

Will be used on the weekend for family of 3 and porbablt have another person or two with us

Pulling tubes and what not, the wakeboard tower isn't required and would actually have to come off each time to be parked into garage

What do you guys think? Is the newer boat better then the older boat as far as finishes? Power? Room?
It's hard to compare them both I have not viewed the 210 yet

I've never had a Yamaha 190, but had an 18' tahoe Q3 for 10 years with a family of 3 children and usually, my wife or an adult friend. The 19' was a bit cramped, especially as the kids got into middle school. When they were younger, there was enough room. I used to trailer the boat 45 minutes to the Chesapeake 4-6x per month and you hardly knew it was behind the Sienna minivan that I used to pull it.

I now have the AR210. Taking the tower down each time would be quite the ordeal. I would not want to do that myself. This is the ideal boat size in my mind for 6 people (all adults). It gets great fuel efficiency has plenty of room topside and lots of storage for other stuff.. I have a 2008 and its power is sufficient to hold 6 and pull someone out of the water when slalom skiing. If the skier is over 170 lbs, and the boat has 6, it is on the verge of being underpowered, but it works.

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My garage will have 8ft doors

Do the towers fold on the ar210 models like some of the others?

And it's me, wife, one kid
So most of the time we will have 5 people or less in the boat

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My garage will have 8ft doors

Do the towers fold on the ar210 models like some of the others?

And it's me, wife, one kid
So most of the time we will have 5 people or less in the boat
What size is body of water you plan on boating on? The 190 will have plenty of room for what you are looking for. As far as performance they are going to be similar however the AR210 will have a better hole shot. I'm not sure of measurements in the old tower design hopefully some one else can chime in with that. Regarding fit and finish I wouldn't let that sway your decision (my 2012 was flawless, my 2017 has several issues). This is tough as you are not looking at the same year boats. If I could fit a 210 in my garage I would of went that way. I would not buy a boat without a tower if it will fit in your garage. With that said the older tower boats like the AR210 have small bimini tops, the SX190 will provide more shade with the bimini. Keep in mind neither of the boats you are looking at have rudders (if they don't already have steering enhancements on them make sure you look at adding something).
Look at Jetboat Pilot for products as well as Cobra fins. One last comment, one engine will obviously be cheaper for maintenance.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have an sx190 and boat on salt water, mostly on the bay, but occasionally in the gulf. The 190 is plenty big for myself, my wife, and our toddler... However, we usually anchor and end up in the water, so we aren't cramped up in the boat all day. I keep my 190 in the garage and tow it 2 miles to put it in. Do I wish I had a bigger boat, yes, do I need a bigger boat, no.

Engine maintenance on the single 1.8l is easy and very inexpensive.

For steering, I'ddefinitely recommend add-on fins... @JetBoatPilot has an interesting new product coming to market soon that should be night and day difference when backing the boat in. That's been my most difficult (and embarrassing) part of boating, I can't back it in without looking like an idiot

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys, use will be mostly on a 500 acre private lake and the river nearby

Lake of the oxarks is only 45 minutes away but will not get used there much if at all

I can get either in my garage but I think I will have to take off the ar210 tower every time I go out and bring it back

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@motoman006 that's going to get old real fast (taking the tower off)!

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@motoman006 that's going to get old real fast (taking the tower off)!
i agree do the ar210 towers not fold down like some of the others?
do you think 18k for a 2015 sx190 with 16hrs is a good buy? seems to be under nada price guide
i may be able to get them to come down some yet

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They do but not sure of your opening in the garage. They take an 8 foot door I think.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It should just be a matter of removing a few bolts and one person can do the job. On the newer models it is even simpler if memory serves me correctly.

Captain Ron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2010 AR 210 and the tower doesnt fold. You have to remove 4 bolts. it is not too bad to remove by yourself but i would recommend 2 people to install it as I put a pretty good gouge in the gelcoat once when I did it by myself. ( I have to remove mine every year for winter storage)

As for size, I also checked out a 192 when I was buying, and am glad I went with the 210. The extra space is nice even when you dont have a lot of people on board.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Captain Ron I see my mistake now. The 2012 is the when Yamaha added the simple fold tower. My mistake.

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I got them down to 17k ok the sx190 with 22 hours on it
I offered 16k and they are going tic get back to me
This seems like a good deal doesn't it?
Nada shows 21-23k if you include trailer

I mean it's almost new and only two years old?
Comes with Yamaha cover as well

GWC69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seems like a good deal to me.

Had a 2015 by me for 32k used..lol

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks guys, use will be mostly on a 500 acre private lake and the river nearby

Lake of the oxarks is only 45 minutes away but will not get used there much if at all

I can get either in my garage but I think I will have to take off the ar210 tower every time I go out and bring it back
Based on what your saying the 19' might make the most sense for you.

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can always upgrade in the future if needs change
I have no debt at the moment and I could have this paid off in less then a year easy