• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2016 242 Limited S E-Series ****This is Mikey's Boat**** SOLD SOLD SOLD

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 and @jawsf16 I have added some more information to the first post of this thread including Miss Barbie's asking price. If you would like to contact her directly about the boat please PM me and I will provided you her contact information.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is $14K less than new for a barely used boat!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone want to buy an upgraded 14' AR240HO for $42k. . . . . . = )

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All these people anxious for 2017 boats should just buy this boat and save almost 20k with upgrades and price! Hope it sells fast and helps his family.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is $14K less than new for a barely used boat!
You have to remember you will have to add $3k to $5k for a trailer. Even having to buy a trailer this is still a very good deal.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Everything already done to the boat would mitigate the cost of the trailer, and I think someone bought a trailer recently for less than that brand new and aluminum.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I paid $2200 for a brand new aluminum trailer for my 225 Weekender a few years back. . . .no way a trailer is $3-5K

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tastefully done with the colored fonts. Mikey was a legend and loved his demeanor in the forum.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel sad seeing his boat that he never really got to use, the best thing a new owner could do is use it and enjoy with Mikey's blessing, he was always enthusiastic about us all enjoying our Jet boats, still deeply missed.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hypothetically speaking, would a 2016 242 fit on a 2010 AR240 trailer for about a 12 hour one way tow??
Are the newer ones with the keel's bunks set up any higher than the non-keel boats?
That's what I would be concerned about, the keel hitting the cross members, but maybe they don't stick down as much as I imagine they do.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, such mixed emotions about this. Mikey really wanted us to buy a newer model and buying his would seem fitting - even though I'd be happier if he were still enjoying it.

Considering the upgrades and the history, the price is a STEAL. Even though the Admiral has said no (not yet?) to an upgrade, I'd really want to try to talk her into this one were it not for the tower... can't really boat with one where I am (low bridges...)

@Andy S, if you get a chance, please tell Miss Barbie we think of her (and Mikey) often...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, such mixed emotions about this. Mikey really wanted us to buy a newer model and buying his would seem fitting - even though I'd be happier if he were still enjoying it.

Considering the upgrades and the history, the price is a STEAL. Even though the Admiral has said no (not yet?) to an upgrade, I'd really want to try to talk her into this one were it not for the tower... can't really boat with one where I am (low bridges...)

@Andy S, if you get a chance, please tell Miss Barbie we think of her (and Mikey) often...
I have sent Miss Barbie a link to this thread and the Mikey memorial thread. She has told me that she has read each post in those threads and is very moved by how everyone was so touched and sadden by Mikey's quick passing.

To be honest if I hadn't bought my Cobalt and still had my '07 Yamaha, I would have bought this boat in a heart beat.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have any good places to get a trailer that would adequately suit this beauty?

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone have any good places to get a trailer that would adequately suit this beauty?
Perhaps search your local craigslist for Aluminum I-Beam Trailer. There are several manufacturers that ship around the country. Their local distributors often advertise on craigslist.

This is a great opportunity to get the boat with an upgraded trailer.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bronze_10 recently upgraded to an aluminum trailer, maybe he can give some insight.

A local to me Yamaha dealer, Captain's Choice Marine, also sells Magic Tilt trailers. They probably have one to fit or can get one to fit this Yamaha.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Collins marine in Smithfield nc is where I got mine... it's a load rite... aluminum ibeam... torsion axels.. radials.. led lights all the way around.. upgraded wheels.. swing tounge... guide poles.. all I added wad the guide pole covers and the spare tire holder... compared to the mfi trailer I had this thing is a beast! I got it for 3k..
The main bunks are not 2 by 6 or 2 by 8.. they are 4x4 ... this whole thing is heavy duty... 6000 pound capacity... they said I could upgrade that with strong tires if I want.. this thing floats going down the road..

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bet if you contacted MikeyL's dealer, they would steer you to a local solution. They might even have an OEM trailer for ya.

Who is the local dealer?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bet if you contacted MikeyL's dealer, they would steer you to a local solution.

Who is the local dealer?
Not sure but I do know he bought the boat from Randy at Wedowee Marine.

FYI - Randy might be trying to sell the boat on commission, this was one of the options that I recommend to Barbie to sell her boat.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
C'mon @Murf'n'surf ! You know it's Wedowee! Mikey used to rave about those guys.

Boy I suck at the colored font thing. Noone does it quite like Mikey did.