• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2016 242 Limited S E-Series ****This is Mikey's Boat**** SOLD SOLD SOLD

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You've read the title correct, Mikey's 2016 242 Limited S E-Series is now for sale. Miss Barbie has contacted me and asked if I can help her in selling their Yamaha which was purchased in the fall of 2015 right as Mikey got sick.

What I know about the boat right now is limited (no pun intended), I'm still getting information from Barbie and will post updates as I get the information.

Here is what I know about the boat:
- The boat does not come with a trailer.
- The boat has been keep on a lift at their lake house.
- JBP Red Thrust Vector XV's

- Upgraded stereo system, JL Speakers, JL Amp, & Rockford Fosgate Amp/Subwoofer.
- Extra Seadeck.
- Minn Kota MK-330PC 3-Bank Charger.
- Optima Batteries.
- CIPA Clamp-on Vision 180 Mirror.
- Bow & Cockpit Covers.
- Blue underwater LED's.
(new update)
- The boat has been used a few times this summer and probably has less than 20 hours on it.
-
Asking price, $52,000

Here is what I current don't know about the boat:
- What else is included with the boat, i.e. life vests, anchors, fenders, ropes, etc.

For more information you are welcome to contact Barbie directly, PM me and I will give you her phone number and email address or you can post questions in this thread and I will get you an answer.

943.JPG
941.JPG
944.JPG
945.JPG

947.JPG
948.JPG

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we do know that is a well cared for boat, buy with confidence!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd seriously consider that upgrade...

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For a minute I thought Mikey was back with us. Didn't he always sign off with ya'll play nice? That is a beautiful boat.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like that you put the text in the ad in different colors, Mikey would be proud.

From Mikey's profile, these are the upgrades that he had listed; JBP RED Thrust Vector XV's, Extra SeaDek; Minn Kota MK-330PC 3-Bank Charger; OPTIMA Blues; CIPA® Clamp-on Vision 180 Mirror; Bow & Cockpit Covers; JL Speakers; JL Amp; Rockford-Fosgate Amp/SubWoofer.

I hope Miss Barbie is doing well, and I was happy to see his Emerald Zoysia still looks marvelous.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really like that you put the text in the ad in different colors, Mikey would be proud.

From Mikey's profile, these are the upgrades that he had listed; JBP RED Thrust Vector XV's, Extra SeaDek; Minn Kota MK-330PC 3-Bank Charger; OPTIMA Blues; CIPA® Clamp-on Vision 180 Mirror; Bow & Cockpit Covers; JL Speakers; JL Amp; Rockford-Fosgate Amp/SubWoofer.

I hope Miss Barbie is doing well, and I was happy to see his Emerald Zoysia still looks marvelous.
Thanks for the add of Mikey's profile info, I will update the first post. Putting the text in color was definitely my way of honoring Mikey, boy I sure miss his posts and our talks.

Miss Barbie is doing well, still a lot to take care of but she is moving forward. Her plan is to sell the lake house with the beautiful Emerald Zoysia yard and move closer to her son in the suburbs of Atlanta.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S Beautifully done, Sir.

Holy cow. Son of a sea captain. Unreal.
Whoever gets this boat will be an instant legend here.

I would consider buying, if I did not JUST purchase one.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm @Andy S you think she will give me a discount if she knows its going to a good home?

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Fairly new to the forum, and meaning no disrespect....who was Mikey?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
He was a member here with great posts, colorful posts, awesome meme's especially for the new welcomes, loved his miss Barbie etc.
I am sure more will/can be said by others!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MikeyL was a fun loving, colorful and very active member of the forum who enjoyed greeting everyone, boating, fishing, grilling and caring for his zoysia grass. He often included his wife Miss Barbie in his posts. He became ill and passed quickly after buying this beautiful boat. This is is profile https://jetboaters.net/members/mikeyl.283/

Mikey had connections with Yamaha. He very likely was the first non employee to see the E-Series boats and I am sure was the first to order one. He spared no expense in the purchase or maintenance of his boats so his will be one of the best examples.

Unfortunately I am only allowed to buy blue boats.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies.....sounds like Mikey was a valued member....Obviously didnt know him, but sad to lose any member. This is a great site!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hypothetically speaking, would a 2016 242 fit on a 2010 AR240 trailer for about a 12 hour one way tow??

Last edited:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hypothetically speaking, would a 2016 242 fit on a 2010 AR240 for about a 12 hour one way tow??
I would think so, with the '16 only being 6" longer than than the '10 it shouldn't be a big deal.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would think so, with the '16 only being 6" longer than than the '10 it shouldn't be a big deal.
I agree. It should fit on the trailer without any problem.