• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We lost a fun Member of our Jet Boating Brother/Sisterhood

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With a heavy heart, I'm letting you know that our MEME hog @MikeyL recently lost his battle with cancer. Mikey first realized he had something wrong in mid to late October and on November 21st he lost the war, http://www.mccommonsfuneralhome.com/obits/obituary.php?id=579819

I only really got to know Mikey on a personal leave since July of this year. Our almost weekly conversations were always a funny time and something I will definitely miss.

After our return from the 2015 Bimini trip Mikey reach out to me to find out in more details of what exactly happened during the first attempted crossing. Our conversations first started via Private Message (PM) and quickly shift to phone calls. Mikey and I seem to really enjoy our conversations, whether it being about our boats, families, college football or just about anything it was always a good talk. Since him and I only live about 3 hours apart we made plans for my wife and I come visit him and his wife at their house on Lake Oconee to spend the weekend and enjoy some boating and BBQing, this was to happen in mid August. Unfortunately the weekend the wife and I were supposed to go to Mikey's my father suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. Mikey was very comforting during of my loss and we worked at finding another weekend in the future that we can get together. The next time our schedules seemed to sync up was the first part of November, so plans were set. This was going to be an even more interest get together because that was the tentative date for Mikey to get his 2016 Yamaha. Him and I were excited about being able to spend the weekend no matter the weather riding around and checkout his new toy. Unfortunately during one of our weekly calls in late October Mikey informed me that he was having some issues and was in the hospital were the doctors were trying to figure out what was going on with him. After a couple of weeks they finally figure it out but unfortunately there was nothing they could do except send him home under hospice care.

Mikey my friend I only really got to know you in the last couple of months but buddy I am sure going to miss our weekly talks. I know where ever you are that you are making the people around you laugh and enjoy themselves. My thoughts and prayers go out to Barbie and your son.

EDIT: For those that would like to donate in Mikey's honor to help the American Cancer Society I have setup a page honoring Mikey, http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Events/MosaicofHope?pg=fund&fr_id=9910&pxfid=1964795&_ga=1.145404724.1675718984.1448553138 . For those that have donated THANK YOU very much!

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho, thank you for your heart warming post about this valuable member of our community.

If anyone would like to make a donation in Mikey's honor Andy has setup a Mosiac Page with the American Cancer Society.

Unfortunately I did not get to know @MikeyL beyond sparse communications about the forum. He was an early member joining on March 8th of 2014. He was the fifth highest posting member and had received almost 1,300 positive ratings for his posts.

I enjoyed his excited reviews of boats, boat accessories, grilling and smoking equipment. He certainly enjoyed his new toys. I consider him an example of how to enjoy retirement and hope to follow in his footsteps someday.

He also was an example to all of us in his constant praise of his wife "Barbie".

@MikeyL, I appreciate your contribution to our forum. Your posts have been helpful to many of our members and will continue to be. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy your new 2016.

Last edited:

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Mikey made me laugh quite a bit with some of his funny meme posts. I'm very sorry to hear that he past. Cancer sucks.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I too spoke with Mikey on the phone several times, and also had loose plans to get down there for a weekend. Just one of the nicest, most genuine guys I've ever had the pleasure of talking to. May you rest in peace, sir.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sorry to hear this. He always had a positive outlook on things.

Fair winds and following seas Mikey. You will be missed.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like my of my jetboater brothers I never met Mikey and my only real interaction was a PM from him apologizing for a possible offensive post (which in reality was just a poor attempt at humor on my part). I will second Mikey was a great example for loving life and appreciating what he had.

I will miss you @MikeyL and beautiful Lake Oconee and jetboaters.net won't be the same without you,

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I enjoyed conversing with Mikey via PM 's about his hometown of Naples or whatever discussion we had going at the time. Mikey was always giving great tips and helping out members in need. He had a super positive and helpful personality that made people smile and feel welcome. What a great man.

Mikey is home now. He's in a better place where cancer can not affect him. A place where he can boat everyday and not worry about a thing... A place where that emerald zoysia grass is green for eternity. God bless you Mikey and may God bless your family.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can't think of a better way to say good by to Mikey than with a meme....

ss650sunset-011.jpg

And Of Course his colorful posts will be sorely MISSED!

I also never met Mikey, but will miss his always positive attitude and passion for boating and his family...in particular his wife Barbie!

Here are a couple of his MEMEs that are fitting.........

I can't believe how quickly he was taken from us, but let it serve as a reminder to all of us that life is short and we should all live life to its fullest and be positive! I will definitely miss seeing photos of his amazing back yard immaculately kept....with the lake and boat lift....

Rest in peace....

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow! I have been away lately and trying to catch up. I thought the title was about someone moving away from a jetboat. Now, I wish that was all it was. I will miss Mikey and wish I got to meet him in person. Mikey was definitely always wanting to help others out and offer good advise. Someone said it earlier, "Cancer sucks". I pray and trust that Mikey is now at peace. I also will pray that his family will be at peace.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Dang it @MikeyL i guess I am going to go buy one of those chargers now! I truly enjoyed @MikeyL passion for what ever the topic was and the meme to go with it. Best wishes to the family durning these tough times.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never met him either but did talk to him several times through PM and he was always lending his advice. It was obvious he was a very outgoing person and really had others best interest at heart. That is terrible news to hear. Even though never meeting him I'm very saddened by this news as in the times I spoke with him in message it just felt like you knew him.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man this sucks to read. I was wondering what was going on when he mentioned health issues in one post and a few others didn't seem like the same type of posts he would write.

Crazy how close you get to someone you have never met in person....this forum is full of wonderful people.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We spoke a few times about getting the seat on his pwc reupholstered and we typed a bit more when I was looking for a used convertible. He liked to speak more than type and when he spoke it was clear that his hospitality was genuine and sincere. I didn't know him well but I will miss his positive attitude and his posts. I take comfort in the thought that he didn't leave anything unsaid.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Prayers for the family left behind! And I feel bad for who ever is in charge of the Emerald Zoysia lawn in heaven, @MikeyL is going to show them a thing or two about how to make it look right!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is really sad news and you could tell what kind of person @MikeyL was just on the way he welcomed people into the forum. I never did get to know him other than through this forum and he was definitely someone I would have sought out. Definitely a great guy. Poor Barbie as well... so sorry.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shocking and sad news. @MikeyL was a genuinely good guy - we PMed and spoke on the phone once or twice about stereo upgrades. A truly decent and giving man.

Barbie, if you are seeing this, best wishes to you and yours as you move ahead with life. You are not alone in missing MikeyL.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Heaven gained a passionate and colorful member Saturday. For @MikeyL was certainly both those as well as involved. He was a cheerleader for Barbie, Yamaha, our boats, jetboaters, BBQ, Georgia, and more. Mikey would bend over backwards to provide help and guidance and share his secrets with you. We will miss the colorful and humorous way Mikey L. passionately expressed himself and new members will miss out on his welcome. Rest in Peace @MikeyL and deepest sympathies and healing to all those that loved and knew you...fair skies and following seas

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
RIP @MikeyL . I have to admit I always checked out his MEME post, it would always send me into deep thought of what is a meme and what is a cartoon! I always wondered if Mikey knew some kind of trick or shortcut to post in color, or was he just a detailed guy that gave a lot of thought into not only what he was posting but how it was going to look! He will be missed.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shocked and saddened to hear this. Condolences to Barbie. He will be missed.