• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We lost a fun Member of our Jet Boating Brother/Sisterhood

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
HOLY SHIT!!! RIP DUDE!!

Discovered in October and died a month later? That's alarming, very interested to hear what happened??

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow I can't believe this. I knew he lived near me but had no idea he was sick. Damn is all I can say! My prayers are with him and his family to get past this and remember the good times.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh man, that is terrible news :( I've been scarce for a couple weeks with pressing things at work and really taken off guard with that news. RIP Mikey. He seemed to never have a cross word. Last I saw he took delivery of a new boat. I know it happens but this sucks :(

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That's insane!
I hate cancer stories! They seem to be coming more and more and the people have less and less time left with every story!
I am sure he would have a meme a out the whole situation but isn't allowed to post it.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MikeyL
Don't worry my friend, we will all play nicely!! You do the same upstairs. You and your catch phrases will be missed.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cannot believe I'm reading this. Mikey and I spoke for hours just shooting the shit, and he would always try to talk me into selling my boat, and buying a Yamaha, even at one point selling me his. He was a kind hearted person, with nothing but love for this community, and its members. I was going to call him next week to see how that new boat was treating him, and I've been planning on going to visit him.

@MikeyL You will be truly missed. #oconeestrong

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, shocked and saddened to hear such news. God bless his family.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I, too, am saddened by this news that has come upon us so quickly.
What is so beautiful to see is how this Jetboat family does life together , even if it means grieving together.
I am wondering if there is anything we could do for Barbie? Some thing that would honor his addition to this community?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am wondering if there is anything we could do for Barbie? Some thing that would honor his addition to this community?
We had planned to send flowers but no arrangements have been scheduled yet. We certainly want to do something. Hopefully someone will come up with a great idea.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Certain types of cancer are so aggressive that they leave their victim with no quality time at all. By the time they are detected they have taken away their victims vitality in a remarkable way. My father, a healthy and active 70 year old 4 weeks ago now is frail and gaunt due to the cancer in his stomach and liver. The cancer hits like a bomb, the person's decline is not gradual.
So sorry for the pain and anguish that Mikey's family has endured...fair winds and following seas sir.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Certain types of cancer are so aggressive that they leave their victim with no quality time at all. By the time they are detected they have taken away their victims vitality in a remarkable way. My father, a healthy and active 70 year old 4 weeks ago now is frail and gaunt due to the cancer in his stomach and liver. The cancer hits like a bomb, the person's decline is not gradual.
So sorry for the pain and anguish that Mikey's family has endured...fair winds and following seas sir.
I am so sorry to hear about your father. As others have said and I agree with cancer sucks!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just talked with Mikey's wife Barbie, she realized that she hadn't called to let me know about Mikey's passing which I thought was amazing that she would call me since I had only known Mikey for a couple of months. Barbie is handling the loss of Mikey pretty well, luckily her son is close and some very good friends that live in her neighborhood and have been there to helping her out. She is going to a friends house in the neighborhood to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Barbie let me know that one of Mikey's greatest pleasures before he passed was his ability to drive Miss Barbie's 2016 Yamaha. Mikey did post a picture here of the ramp that was built to aid him in getting onto the new boat, which actually worked perfectly. She is planning on keeping the 2016 Yamaha, which she hopes to get her son up to speed on driving, he has never been a boat guy but is now wanting to learn.

Also, if there are any posts Mikey made here that don't make sense it is because in the last couple of weeks of his life (basically the month of November) the gastro-cancer had spread to his brain causing him to be a little loopy. Barbie is fine with me let people know what type of cancer took Mikey's life. Even though Mikey was optimistic that he would beat the gastro-cancer, Barbie had a strong feeling that he would not beat it and unfortunately she was correct.

I let Barbie know that there are many people here that have shown a lot of compassion and sadness for the loss of Mikey, this made Barbie feel really good. Barbie said that Mikey loved this forum and loved to interact with people.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been off the grid just long enough to miss this announcement of @MikeyL passing. I was so shocked I had to reread this several times. Never having met @MikeyL I had always envisioned him as a mid 40ish guy enjoying the heck out of life. Mikey was a force on this site always exuding his adopted southern charm and giving great advice on fixes and producte. Many of which I benefited from.

@andy07sx230ho, I like the idea of doing something in Mikey's name that would be tasteful and beneficial. I was wondering if we could make a collective donation to the American Cancer Society in his name. This could be collected by a board member and sent in to ACS. A card could be sent to Barbie from jetboaters.net with our collective condolences. I would also like someone, in touch with the family, to extend an invite to Mikey's son to join us, on the board, when he's ready for any help and advice he may need in operating Mikey's new boat.

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow...I'm stunned. He will be missed for sure. Payers for Barbie and the rest of his family.

Hug your family a little tighter this Thanksgiving. Tomorrow isn't promised.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
R I P @MikeyL ... All I can say is wow!! He and I spoke frequently on different subjects but we never met one another. I'm sure he is smiling now all the time. Probably smoking some kind of meat to enjoy later.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Gym the idea of a collective donation to the American Cancer Society in Mikey's name is a great idea. I have created a Mosiac page on the American Cancer Society site to honor Mikey and allow for donations. @Bruce and @Julian

If anyone has ideas of things we can add to his Mosaic page I will be more than happy to make those changes.

EDIT: I guess I should provide a link to Mikey's Mosaic page, http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Events/MosaicofHope?pg=fund&fr_id=9910&pxfid=1964795&_ga=1.145404724.1675718984.1448553138

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like the Cancer Society donation idea, but his Obit said they'd like donations to their church which I know they both were very active in and that Barbie took much pleasure in attending with Mike. Perhaps we should ask Barbie what she'd like?

Also, I was wondering if Barbie would like to have a name made for the boat, and if so, perhaps we could all chip in for that and install it for her?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the Cancer Society donation idea, but his Obit said they'd like donations to their church which I know they both were very active in and that Barbie took much pleasure in attending with Mike. Perhaps we should ask Barbie what she'd like?

Also, I was wondering if Barbie would like to have a name made for the boat, and if so, perhaps we could all chip in for that and install it for her?
@Julian I would never think of disrespecting Barbie's wishes. I just thought a donation to a cure for cancer would serve the greater good as we are all touched by this dreaded disease. I am in whichever way we go. I love the idea for a decal for the boat name.