• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We lost a fun Member of our Jet Boating Brother/Sisterhood

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I donated to the Cancer Society. I personally don't think Barbie or Mikey mind as long as the thought is there. Cancer is horrible, and it needs to be battled.

I had posted a picture of my wife having a cocktail in the "Show me what you see" thread to celebrate her win against breast cancer. It turns out that was premature. 2 Fridays ago we had a follow up appt. with her Oncologist. We went in thinking this was just a follow up no big deal and she would get her prescription for the hormone therapy medication. We got hit with a ton of bricks when the doc says she has to go through Chemotherapy because her reoccurance risk factor came back too high. I couldn't even process what the doc was saying, so I told him we were going to get a second opinion just so I could tap the brakes and think. She went to another oncologist and that doc gave the same news. The good news is the new doctor is a woman and really connected with my wife. She explained everything a little better and made it easier to process and accept.

So here's to a great Thanksgiving holiday.....because as of Monday the 30th the chemotherapy begins. It will be a long and hard 3 Months, which I am sure is nothing compared to some of the battles other cancer patients have fought. This is a horrible disease that affects so many people it is truly amazing. Next time you are driving around just look out the window and you will see these massive buildings that are Cancer Centers. I used to give them no thought at all, now I notice every single one of them and just shake my head in amazement. So my donation goes to help others fight the battle Mikey fought and hopefully they win the fight and donate to others in the fight.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8, I am so sorry that your family is going through this. We will be praying for your wife.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian I would never think of disrespecting Barbie's wishes. I just thought a donation to a cure for cancer would serve the greater good as we are all touched by this dreaded disease. I am in whichever way we go. I love the idea for a decal for the boat name.
I'm good either way too...and think they are both fine ideas. As @andy07sx230ho knows them more than any of us, perhaps you could either give them a call or make the call yourself? @Gym I didn't mean to make it sound like your idea was against her wishes....just finished reading some of her FB posts and was getting a little of a virtual understanding of things (if that can even be done!)

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm good either way too...and think they are both fine ideas. As @andy07sx230ho knows them more than any of us, perhaps you could either give them a call or make the call yourself? @Gym I didn't mean to make it sound like your idea was against her wishes....just finished reading some of her FB posts and was getting a little of a virtual understanding of things (if that can even be done!)
@Julian from my talk with Barbie I don't think she would mind one bit. I believe she will be very grateful that we are doing something to honor Mikey, either by sending money in his name to their church or to the American Cancer Society to help find a cure.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@BigN8 Sorry to hear about the recurrence risk.....that totally sucks! Our company has partnered and invested in Nanthealth....Billionaire Dr. Soon-Shiong is doing some incredible research in the areas of genomics and cancer (and he's only getting richer as his company grows). The idea being that certain chemtherapies work better on certain cancers, and that if you can figure that out before you begin chemo, then you do fewer rounds and kill it sooner. Most of what he says goes way over my head....his work has been written up all over the place....he was on 60 Minutes, and Forbes has a couple of pieces on him....both good and bad. Lets hope they all can come up with something soon!

@andy07sx230ho sounds good! Wanna ask her about the boat name in a few weeks once things have settled some?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BigN8 Sorry to hear about the recurrence risk.....that totally sucks! Our company has partnered and invested in Nanthealth....Billionaire Dr. Soon-Shiong is doing some incredible research in the areas of genomics and cancer (and he's only getting richer as his company grows). The idea being that certain chemtherapies work better on certain cancers, and that if you can figure that out before you begin chemo, then you do fewer rounds and kill it sooner. Most of what he says goes way over my head....his work has been written up all over the place....he was on 60 Minutes, and Forbes has a couple of pieces on him....both good and bad. Lets hope they all can come up with something soon!

@andy07sx230ho sounds good! Wanna ask her about the boat name in a few weeks once things have settled some?
Good idea, I will contact her in the coming weeks and see what she says and let everyone know.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am at a loss for words. His family is in my prayers. God Bless...

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really didn't take it that way @Julian. Whatever the group decides on is fine with me. We could actually sponsor both ideas. Some may want to donate to Mikey's church, same to the cancer society. I also like the boat name idea so there are plenty of options for people if they want to contribute. I would like to encourage his son, Jim to join us when he's ready.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow this is crazy. Mikey was such an active poster and always good for a laugh. His contributions to the community will be missed. Thoughts and prayers are with your family.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow. A busy schedule has had me off grid for a few months. This is the first post I saw where I signed on. I'm sitting here with my mouth open wondering what just happened.

Very sad news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Barbie and family. We'll be sure to check out the Cancer Society page and contribute.

Though I never got to know him personally, Mikey was an unforgettable character. He will be sorely missed by everyone.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I donated to the Cancer Society. I personally don't think Barbie or Mikey mind as long as the thought is there. Cancer is horrible, and it needs to be battled.

I had posted a picture of my wife having a cocktail in the "Show me what you see" thread to celebrate her win against breast cancer. It turns out that was premature. 2 Fridays ago we had a follow up appt. with her Oncologist. We went in thinking this was just a follow up no big deal and she would get her prescription for the hormone therapy medication. We got hit with a ton of bricks when the doc says she has to go through Chemotherapy because her reoccurance risk factor came back too high. I couldn't even process what the doc was saying, so I told him we were going to get a second opinion just so I could tap the brakes and think. She went to another oncologist and that doc gave the same news. The good news is the new doctor is a woman and really connected with my wife. She explained everything a little better and made it easier to process and accept.

So here's to a great Thanksgiving holiday.....because as of Monday the 30th the chemotherapy begins. It will be a long and hard 3 Months, which I am sure is nothing compared to some of the battles other cancer patients have fought. This is a horrible disease that affects so many people it is truly amazing. Next time you are driving around just look out the window and you will see these massive buildings that are Cancer Centers. I used to give them no thought at all, now I notice every single one of them and just shake my head in amazement. So my donation goes to help others fight the battle Mikey fought and hopefully they win the fight and donate to others in the fight.
Sorry to hear about your wife @BigN8. I just made a donation in Mikey's name to the American Cancer Society. Unfortunately too late to help Mikey but hopefully we can help other's fighting the battle now. Best luck to you and your wife.

Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry to about the passing of a truly good man! I spoke to @MikeyL quite a bit via PM and a half dozen times on the phone about our boats. Best wishes to his family left behind.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the measure of a man is the impact he made on others, then @MikeyL's was a life well lived. Even though I never met him, his passing really hit me. I simply asked a question about buying a yamaha and he immediately offered up his phone number and an offer to help anyway he could. I never ending up buying, but like many still visited the site often and his posts always caught my eye. His family is in my thoughts and prayers. RIP.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So, so sad. i was away from the forum for a couple of days and find this. even though i never met him, he always gave my posts support and humor. i've got tears for someone that i only knew through this place.....that tells a lot about how he was able to convey his warmth and caring for everyone here.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. I am with Gym in catching up over the break... and totally shocked. Very, very sad news. @MikeyL will be dearly missed. Certainly a key contributor here. Welcoming to all. Generous with his advice and most excellent to have around.

Prayers for peace for him and Barbie. I am sure he continues to monitor the board... I join in with wish of fair seas and following waves. Rest peacefully, friend.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So sad to hear about the loss of @MikeyL. He had such a great personality and gentle spirit. What a life well lived.

Thanks @andy07sx230ho for keeping us posted.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow, completely taken aside by this. RIP MikeyL.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm lost for words, totally stunned.

I've been away for a week, no wifi, I can't grasp what's happened, I don't know Mikey other than a fellow poster and a few pm's, I read about his new boat just before I left.
I just feel real, real sad, tearful, my deepest sympathy and condolences go out to Mikeys bride and family......take care, I'm nobody to you guys, but I'm thinking of you in your moment of loss. God bless.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow I couldn't believe what I was reading. I too am stunned. I had so much interaction with @MikeyL on this forum and reading his posts it's like I know him personally. Man oh man, what a bummer. RIP sir. Cancer sucks and I'm sure we all know someone that has been affected. Lord knows I have.

And @BigN8 good luck to you and your wife. Will say a prayer in church tomorrow for both.