• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR 240 speaker replacement

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Steen1717 I will mirror what @Mainah said. If you do not want to cut out the holes, go with the JL mx650. You will be impressed. Of course you can get more sound with bigger speakers, but the 6.5's are plenty loud enough. I'm running 8, and honestly don't know how I could use any more sound. I guess if I was trying to win an audio competition or something, then I could. I'm not so what I have works. I am about to add two Rev 10's to the tower though, so that should take it to another level!
Thats were i am missing out my SX240 dont have a wake board tower. I was on @wallacerb old boat before i got mine and in the course of 3 hours i cracked my head 4 times on speaker pods

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thats were i am missing out my SX240 dont have a wake board tower. I was on @wallacerb old boat before i got mine and in the course of 3 hours i cracked my head 4 times on speaker pods
Yeah, the arch tower on these boats are kind of low. I am going to mount mine out towards the edge like in the pics below. The speakers should be over the seats where no one will be standing.

tower1.png tower2.png

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
wanting to replace my stock (garbage speakers) on my 2016 ar 240. Not a fan of drilling or cutting the stock holes. Really like the JL speakers and also the JL tower speaker and want to stay with one brand for everything (amps-speakers). Anyone with some idea's, pics, ect...? Thank you everyone in this forum, tons of great info!
i just ordered 2 pairs of mx JL 6.5 off abt.com $150.00 a pair cheapest i found them !!

Steen1717

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i just ordered 2 pairs of mx JL 6.5 off abt.com $150.00 a pair cheapest i found them !!
That is a steal, cheapest i could find them is 188 a pair, ill check out what you found! Thanks

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is a steal, cheapest i could find them is 188 a pair, ill check out what you found! Thanks
i just checked back w abt and the price went up to 199 for a pair. I would keep an eye on them i purchased last Friday for $150 for white ...and free shipping !

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Steen1717 Check it Odin at @Earmark Marine audio. He will give you forum and package discounts. I bought my tower speakers during black Friday and got 25% off. Discount wont be that much now, but he may can work you up a deal. A lot of people on the forum buys from him.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ive noticed the creative audio always has remanufactured JL Audio amps for super cheap. Anyone done that? Says they are factory remanufactured. $500 for the M800/8 is quite a deal.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ive noticed the creative audio always has remanufactured JL Audio amps for super cheap. Anyone done that? Says they are factory remanufactured. $500 for the M800/8 is quite a deal.
I tend to stay away from those. I am sure they are fine but they worrie me. Its hard to tell how hard it has been ran and what condition the inside is in.

Steen1717

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
i just checked back w abt and the price went up to 199 for a pair. I would keep an eye on them i purchased last Friday for $150 for white ...and free shipping !
Yes, abt and others will run a short term flash sale price on a given item from time to time. However, while Odin @ Earmark Marine lists products on his site at M.A.P., he has progressive deep discounts everyday when contacted privately. Odin will match any current published price by any legit dealer. The BIG difference is in service and technical support. Odin's expert assistance can come in darn handy during the installation and tuning process, plus down the road if you would happen to need noise or trouble-shooting help. So include Odin at Earmark Marine in your contacts before buying.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Heat is the electronics cancer. Initial defects are exceptionally rare so many of these products have been in the field for a long time and should be considered second hand. In many cases you have a product that has been abused by consistently running it into hard clipping, or by running it to excess with a supply voltage that is unacceptably low. I'm not comfortable with refurbished products unless the entire board and all heat-related components have been replaced. Just because the refurbished product is presently functional doesn't mean that there hasn't been degradation.

dwightandmisty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got a good deal on 3 pairs of wet sounds XS 650 speakers for 399.00 and the SYN 4 amp for 315.00 from creative audio.
Hey Chip, I have the same amp, and wanted to add the same 3 pairs of speakers to my AR240. Did you install it? If so would you mind sharing your experience and any regrets? I also have a SYN 2 amp that I was thinking of adding either a sub or tower speakers. Any advice? Thanks

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope to start this weekend. I have everything on the amp and speaker side of things ready just need the time to do it.

Steen1717

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got a GREAT deal from @Earmark Marine from odin. 2 pair's of jl 650's 1 pair of jl 770's swivel clamps and a jl 600/6 amp. Highly recommend! Should be receiving everything this weekend and will be documenting my install.