• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Speaker Covers

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I don't trailer the boat, it is wet-slipped, and I would prefer to have some additional protection for the, Fusion Signature 3i 6.5" tower speakers, I will be soon installing. I couldn't find a ton of information about covers within the forum. Not sure if people don't use them, or they really are not needed. That being said, for my own sanity, and the warm comfy feeling that I am trying to protect the investment a little, I am searching for some covers. Below is what I found, but I am also curious to what others have used or recommend, as well as how long you have had them and if they have held up or not.

Speaker Sox ($63/pair) - They don't have a lot of great photos for my brand of speakers or many other brands, other than a photo of it installed. I think I saw from a post that it is a drawstring cinch enclosure. Not sure if that is less beneficial of an enclosure vs. the zippered. Also not sure if it is a neoprene material, or some sort of fabric. I am thinking the later since you have the option of Scotchguarding them. Again, not sure how that handles the weather compared to other material, and I would assume it might flap a bit if it is being trailered.

JL Audio ($135/pair) - I really like the looks of the JL Audio brand, which has a zippered enclosure that appears to be covered, as well as some holes in the bottom to let any water out. But it doesn't appear that they make a size that would fit what I am using, i.e. the cover would be too big. That might fit the larger speakers Fusion offers, but I am out of luck.

Rockville ($35/pair) - Looks like a good option and is close in size to what I am needing. It says it is neoprene and zippered.

Big Air Wake Towers ($40/pair) - Similar to the Rockville, it looks like it is a good option. Not much info is posted as to what size the covers will fit, other than a 6.5" speaker. Hoping they will respond to my email and give me some more info.

Anything else that I might be missing??

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i have the rockville's for my kicker tower speakers...boat parks in a carport that seems to gather all the dust in the neighborhood, so it's nice to keep dust out of the speakers. they're not a perfect fit, as the hole in top to go around bracket isn't in the correct spot, but the neoprene stretches to fit pretty well.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jthackman can you provide some photos, as well as what model kicker speakers. Just trying to get a sense of how much stretch or how loose they might actually be. Also might be worth a $35 gamble just to try them out.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
While I don't trailer the boat, it is wet-slipped, and I would prefer to have some additional protection for the, Fusion Signature 3i 6.5" tower speakers, I will be soon installing. I couldn't find a ton of information about covers within the forum. Not sure if people don't use them, or they really are not needed. That being said, for my own sanity, and the warm comfy feeling that I am trying to protect the investment a little, I am searching for some covers. Below is what I found, but I am also curious to what others have used or recommend, as well as how long you have had them and if they have held up or not.

Speaker Sox ($63/pair) - They don't have a lot of great photos for my brand of speakers or many other brands, other than a photo of it installed. I think I saw from a post that it is a drawstring cinch enclosure. Not sure if that is less beneficial of an enclosure vs. the zippered. Also not sure if it is a neoprene material, or some sort of fabric. I am thinking the later since you have the option of Scotchguarding them. Again, not sure how that handles the weather compared to other material, and I would assume it might flap a bit if it is being trailered.

JL Audio ($135/pair) - I really like the looks of the JL Audio brand, which has a zippered enclosure that appears to be covered, as well as some holes in the bottom to let any water out. But it doesn't appear that they make a size that would fit what I am using, i.e. the cover would be too big. That might fit the larger speakers Fusion offers, but I am out of luck.

Rockville ($35/pair) - Looks like a good option and is close in size to what I am needing. It says it is neoprene and zippered.

Big Air Wake Towers ($40/pair) - Similar to the Rockville, it looks like it is a good option. Not much info is posted as to what size the covers will fit, other than a 6.5" speaker. Hoping they will respond to my email and give me some more info.

Anything else that I might be missing??
I have Speaker Sox for my Wet Sounds Icon 8's. Plan black no logo. I don't remember, but I think I paid $35-$40 (US) in 21. Our boat is in a storage unit, so I only use them, for winter storage and road trips.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@kgower is the material neoprene, or more of an outdoor fabric? While they appear to be custom cut to fit the different size speakers, when you do road trips, are they blowing in the wind, or is it a tight fit. I, personally, will really only trailer the boat twice a year - to and from storage.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@kgower is the material neoprene, or more of an outdoor fabric? While they appear to be custom cut to fit the different size speakers, when you do road trips, are they blowing in the wind, or is it a tight fit. I, personally, will really only trailer the boat twice a year - to and from storage.
Mine are material and yes, the fit is tight. The last long trip with them was from Atlanta GA to Siesta Key FL a year ago. No issues.

Last edited:

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jthackman can you provide some photos, as well as what model kicker speakers. Just trying to get a sense of how much stretch or how loose they might actually be. Also might be worth a $35 gamble just to try them out.
don't have any pics of them on, will try to get a few..
here's the speaker can's i have

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Speaker Soxx are the way to go. They still look brand new and they taking a beating from the sun.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've used Speaker Sox and Speaker Suitz over the years.

The speaker Suitz are a neoprene material and definitely feel much more premium over the speaker sox upon initial purchase. They (Speaker Suitz) are also significantly more expensive. Unfortunately as @jocolo21 mentioned they don't hold up. After one season the sun severely degraded and discolored the black neoprene material.

Speaker Sox is the way to go. The price point is right and the material will hold up.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I've used Speaker Sox and Speaker Suitz over the years.

The speaker Suitz are a neoprene material and definitely feel much more premium over the speaker sox upon initial purchase. They (Speaker Suitz) are also significantly more expensive. Unfortunately as @jocolo21 mentioned they don't hold up. After one season the sun severely degraded and discolored the black neoprene material.

Speaker Sox is the way to go. The price point is right and the material will hold up.
same happened to me my purchase was destroyed after a year, i just ordered speaker socks for the new rev 12 i have coming

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all the insight. Guess I had assumed neoprene would hold up better, since I see the higher end manufacturers using it. Especially for the price. Lesson learned. Not that I doubted you, but doing some additional research on neoprene wet suits for scuba diving, I see a lot of warnings about neoprene degrading in direct sunlight, as well as heat. All things that would be happening during the summer months.

Looks like some Speaker Sox are in order.