• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR240 Filter

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had 2 different K&N HP-1002 filters crack and leak at the base of the filter where the socket fitting is. I caught one at home before going to the lake. The second time was a bad leak on the water. I had an extra gallon of oil, so I was able to get to the boat ramp, but it made a huge mess of the engine compartment and bilge. Bilge pump kicked on right before I pulled the boat out of the water, huge oil slick at the boat ramp. Really embarrasing. I had 4 K&N's on the shelf, they went in the trash as soon as I got home.

No issues with the FL-910s
Yikes. Not good. Out of curiosity how far past hand tighten (if any) did you go when installing the k&n.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez, Now even more choices to choose from. Hmm. Right now it seems it's between Amsoil and K&N for me after researching but leaning towards Amsoil. Yes expensive but only have to do it once a year. Like @swatski stated I do my every 50 hours which I run about 40-50 hours a year so far. I just want more peace of mind I suppose.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Yes the 910s is lower on filtration. The FL-400s is larger with more capacity and filtration, thats why I'm making the change.

I tighten at least a half turn past hand tight. Hand tight is different for everyone though.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did my oil change today, I'm at almost 100hrs, it was my 4th in this boat.
Question:
I tried to cut open those Amsoil EAOM135 filters I was replacing to see what's inside, and couldn't do it. In the past I cut opened the OEM filters (with ease) but these 135s are built like a tank, just trying to make an incision I created a huge mess and ended up cutting myself. I would need to stick it in a vice and use a saw? what a mess... Anyway - no pics of the inside, sorry.
upload_2017-10-25_21-57-13.png

upload_2017-10-25_21-57-33.png

upload_2017-10-25_21-57-56.png

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting. Dang you always one step ahead of me. I took off the day to do all my winterization today. First freeze coming tomorrow night they say :(

ISLANDRACING

Jet Boat Addict
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did my oil change today, I'm at almost 100hrs, it was my 4th in this boat.
Question:
I tried to cut open those Amsoil EAOM135 filters I was replacing to see what's inside, and couldn't do it. In the past I cut opened the OEM filters (with ease) but these 135s are built like a tank, just trying to make an incision I created a huge mess and ended up cutting myself. I would need to stick it in a vice and use a saw? what a mess... Anyway - no pics of the inside, sorry.

--
Mail me the filter, Im actually in the process of doing a little "filter comparison" as we speak and will posting pics and results up on IR's facebook group. ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/317394551997563/ )
I have already about 8 filters, cut open. OEM Yamaha, HiFlo, Sierra, Wsm. ...pretty intrtesting results so far. and as i get different ones in will be cutting them open too.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mail me the filter, Im actually in the process of doing a little "filter comparison" as we speak and will posting pics and results up on IR's facebook group. ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/317394551997563/ )
I have already about 8 filters, cut open. OEM Yamaha, HiFlo, Sierra, Wsm. ...pretty intrtesting results so far. and as i get different ones in will be cutting them open too.
Will do!
I'll send you two of those. One of them looks like I tried to kill something with it... (tried to open it up but gave up). Both are EAOM135s, don't think they have any labels.

Thank you for doing this!

I think I have your address, but please confirm either here or PM me.

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe so but don't quote me.

swatski