• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 FSH 190 Sport Re-Sale/Trade-In Value...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ATTENTION Admins - Please review @Andy S 's account. . . . . He has a prop, I repeat he has a prop.

(Oh wait, we're not high strung jet purists? Ok, let him stay.)

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ATTENTION Admins - Please review @Andy S 's account. . . . . He has a prop, I repeat he has a prop.

(oh wait, were not high strung jet purists? Ok, let him stay.)
He's a recovering propper.... We need to give him support during this hard time. Rehabilitation will get him back on the road to jetdom.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

(oh wait, were not high strung jet purists? Ok, let him stay.)
He's a recovering propper.... We need to give him support during this hard time. Rehabilitation will get him back on the road to jetdom.
Riding on my Cobalt sure makes it hard to come back. Actually, if I could get my Cobalt with the right motor and jet combination I would go back to a jet in a heart beat. Unfortunately there is no boat out there that is perfect combination, at least for my taste and wants.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Riding on my Cobalt sure makes it hard to come back. Actually, if I could get my Cobalt with the right motor and jet combination I would go back to a jet in a heart beat. Unfortunately there is no boat out there that is perfect combination, at least for my taste and wants.
We're not hating on you. . . the Cobalt is a beauty. Fit and finish on those are second to none.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've narrowed my list to either a Scout, Key West or Pioneer as my next boat. Oddly, all 3 are manufactured in South Carolina and all 3 company owners are related (brothers).

Have an appointment to take 2 out of the 3 for a sea trial tomorrow (Scout and Key West).

Scout is a less of a fishing boat and has more comfort/features (bells & whistles) which will most likely not hold up well under the conditions I intend to use it. The only reason I've included Scout with the other 2 is because it has a HUGE discount/rebate currently. Below are links to 3 of the exact boats/models I will be trialing tomorrow/considering purchasing

Scout: http://www.marinemax.com/boats/details/5052273/New/Scout-Boats-225-XSF-Florida---North-Palm-Beach

Key West: http://www.boatworldusa.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=487474&pov=4660042

Pioneer: http://www.nfys1.com/boats/251
I like em all. . . . But have always been partial to the Scout. Almost went in halfsies on a similar model a few years back.

Joey Martinez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really like the fsh 190 but I all ready have a 19ft boat thats paid off so its really hard for me to want to buy a 19ft boat and have a payment but sooo tempting.... lol hope Yamaha makes a fsh210......

find the right buyer you should get 26k ish for someone who doesn't want to spend the 32k new. 150h is nothing for me thats like half a summer. last summer me and my gf put 300h on her parents brand new wakeboard boat.

Jeffrodean

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have cash will travel! Let me know if you change your mind.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger I hope you will keep the information coming and sharing your experience.
EDIT: In spite of occasional clown comments...
--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've narrowed my list to either a Scout, Key West or Pioneer as my next boat. Oddly, all 3 are manufactured in South Carolina and all 3 company owners are related (brothers).

Have an appointment to take 2 out of the 3 for a sea trial tomorrow (Scout and Key West).

Scout is a less of a fishing boat and has more comfort/features (bells & whistles) which will most likely not hold up well under the conditions I intend to use it. The only reason I've included Scout with the other 2 is because it has a HUGE discount/rebate currently. Below are links to 3 of the exact boats/models I will be trialing tomorrow/considering purchasing

Scout: http://www.marinemax.com/boats/details/5052273/New/Scout-Boats-225-XSF-Florida---North-Palm-Beach

Key West: http://www.boatworldusa.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=487474&pov=4660042

The scouts are very nice and very refined for a fishing boat I agree as well but propably feel the same way you do not a high priority on a fishing boat for me. The Key West and the Pioneeers are nice boats as well. I'm sure you have looked at them and my roll your eyes when I mention them bit the Sea Fox's have come a long way and the pricing on the is very reasonable. Back at a boat show earlier in the year I could get the 226 Comander out the door for $45k and the 246 Comander out the door for $52K.

http://www.seafoxboats.com/boats/Center-Consoles/246-Commander/

http://www.seafoxboats.com/boats/Center-Consoles/226-Commander/

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are bare-bone w/stock engine quotes I'm assuming?
I agree that Sea Fox has stepped up their game...they had to or they probably would have went out of business, the product they were selling was very much sub-par.
Their current boats are more refined, better built and more reliable; BUT, (anytime there is a but, there is a trouble) the stigma they earned, which rightfully so, still follows them. It takes a second to ruin/lose confidence and a lifetime earn. Re-sale value, even on current model Sea-Fox is horrendous. I will not fall victim to that trap again.
Same reason a Boston Whaler purchased in 2005 for 100K still goes for 50-60K today. Whaler, Regulator, Pursuit, Intrepid, Yellowfin or Jupiter...I would not hesitate to purchase one today that was 10-15 years old. They are quality built boats and it is evident once you step foot on one why they are light years ahead of the competition.
I wouldn't even consider a 26 Commander with less than 100hrs if it was older than 2013...no matter how much of deal it might appear to be. Not saying it right, wrong or indifferent...just saying that once your earn the label of cheap built boat with terrible track record...its almost impossible to lose that cloud of doubt.

Now all I need is a spare 500K-850K for a Yellowfin 39 or 42 Offshore and life would be amazing.
I def agree to stay away from a 13 or older one. Depends on what your version of bare bones was? They had towers, fresh water wash downs and plumbed toilets so I know they where not bare bones but whether they were fullyloaded or not that I couldn't answer. I know that didn't include chart plotter or anything like that but they appeared to have everything else someone would need and the were not the base motor either both were one step up from the base motor. I do like the 239 you have listed there a buddy of mine got one a few months back from Marshall's Marine for around 55K

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another great option unsure of your budget but is the is the new world cat 23 foot boats they make a center console and a dual console that are awesome. My next boat will likely be the World Cat 230Sd or the Sea Fox 249 Avenger neither of these would fit your needs but I have been on their fishing version siblings and both where nice but I do understand the hesitation on the Sea Fox I have the same hesitation even though I love the lay out of the 249 Avenger.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Catamarans are great hulls for sailboats, power boats if you desire straight ahead speed & cruiser power boats, BUT (there is that but again) they do not have the low center of gravity of a typical v-hull and are susceptible to capsizing if caught at the wrong angle in a pitch or yaw...which is a huge risk if you go offshore as often as I do.
See I have read both sides of this story where owners of them are swearing they are the best off shore boat they have ever been on then people who have never owned them saying they are dangerous. I'm sure a few have tipped the same as many more vhull boats have gone down in the ocean when not crossing waves correctly. This goes back to your earlier post were people assume things. I can pull way more videos of people flipping vhull boats coming into inlets or going with following seas then I can of people flipping power cats this comes down experience on the water. If someone doesn't know how to drive their boat in the conditions they are in they are in it is dangerous vhull or cat. I have been on a power cat and can tell you where this story comes from a cat when going into a turn, roll or yaw type motion it doesn't lean to its side as much as a vhull actually more stable but people who are used to a vhull its strange feeling and the feel like they are going to flip because its not rolling or possible leaning the opposite way they are used to. Almost all your statements you have so far can go they opposite way. So for example pioneer and key west are considered mid to lower tier boats here in South Carolina and once again do not really hold value well from new to used. Scout is considered a higher tier boat but still frowned on due to their lower free board then most offshore boats in the rear raising risk of becoming swamped from a wave coming over the back when entering in inlet or returning to shore. We can put buts to any boat but the one thing you can not put a but to is buying a new boat is a terrible idea financially. All three boats you have posted are new I sure hope those are just the style of boat you are looking at and you really are not looking at a new boat again after what you are going through now if so it will turn you 18K mistake into a 30-40K mistake.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I say Google catamaran myths.. There is a lot of miss information out there.. All I can say don't rule one out. I love mine. Do yourself a favor and sea trial one It'll definitely change your mind guaranteed.. It did mine..

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whoa. It seems I upset you slightly and that was not my intent. Any of my posts or comments are my opinions only. I hope no one takes them or feels I'm presenting them as facts...opinions, as they say, are like asshole...everyones got one.

Regarding the Cats...Yes I agree they are stable, possibly even more so than a v-hull as you described; BUT (and this is a fact) only to a certain degree...meaning, once they reach their apex angle in a pitch or yaw...there is no recovery from it and it will absolutely, 100%, capsize. Doesn't matter how skilled or experienced anyone is...physics take over and the boat is going to flip...no ifs ands or BUTs about it.

But yes, typical conditions, the Cat will be more stable (less lean, pitch, yaw, movement in general) in waves than a v-hull. I do not know why a lot of people (coastal offshore) steer clear of and do not like Cats...BUT...it is my opinion it has to do with the physics...I don't like the fact that if I get caught at the wrong angle or get caught by too big of a wave or swell...there is nothing I can do about it...I can't break the laws of physics.

In a v-hull, yes, it will capsize once it reaches its apex point as well, BUT that apex point is much more sever than the Cats. I trust myself and skills...as I believe most people do...and I like knowing that if I find myself in a horrible situation...the v-hull allows me more opportunity to take corrective action.

Just my 2 cents...I could very well be incorrect,
No @ClemsonTiger my good sir I'm not upset at all but that power cat statement is false and I would challenge the apex on the two as well imagine how far over you would have to get a cat to flip. Is it possible yes but way more likely in the scenario that you are going to stuff the nose of a vhull and have a wave push you over then a cat do that or even on a side impact more likley the wave comes over the side of a vhull and swamps it then a flip of a cat of similar this is all this is assumed we are talking relative size and weight. Once again didn't mean for you to take at as me upset I have no dog in this fight at all but just call it like i see it sometimes. Come on man you know how us Carolina fans are lol ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PaulZee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We looked at the Pioneers at the boat show and were impressed. What I really wanted was the Wellcraft but my issue was storage space. If we lived by a coast we most likely would not have the FSH but its perfect for the lakes up here and what we use it for.

http://wellcraft.com/us/boat/222-fisherman

Good luck with the hunt!

Jim Erickson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Fair Warning:
I know boats depreciate horribly. I know Trade-In Value provided by dealerships/brokers are horrible.
I know I am in the S. Florida market and center console jet boats are not marketable. With that being said...I think the following should prepare FSH owners for the harsh reality facing them whenever they decide to try and unload their FSH boats.

I have been trying to obtain trade-in values from multiple dealers/brokers here in S. Florida as well as other dealers throughout the state of Florida. I have even reached out to dealers/brokers in S. Carolina, Texas, Maryland, Pennsylvania & New York.

1# Most have never heard of this boat and don't know anything about it.
2# Those that do know about the boat don't even want to consider it for trade in.
3# Those that have first hand experience with the boat won't ever touch/deal for it again.

I have learned that I am not the only FSH owner who is already trying to unload/trade-in their boat. A few dealerships have already had other FSH owners calling to get values and wanting to purchase a new/different boat. A few dealerships have accepted FSH trade-ins and those that have say they will never do it again. They site the difficulty in marketing and selling the boat. Buyers who are looking for a used center console are NOT looking for a jet boat version. The dealers that accepted them as trade-ins stated that they had to liquidate the boat to a 3rd party wholesaler and either broke even or took a small loss.

I get the same reaction when I tell them what my trade in boat is...either a small chuckle or a sigh followed by "eh, I dunno, thats a tough one".

I was able to obtain only 2 quotes out of the dozen of attempts I made and both dealers emphasized their desire to not even take it as a trade in and preferred to consign it only. Both quotes will be listed at the bottom of this post.

I gave the same info and pictures to every dealer/broker that would at least look at it and consider it, before ultimately saying they would not accept it as a trade in or just never responding at all, even after I followed up after.

• It has 150hrs on the engine.
  • 10hr, 50hr, 100hr & 150hr scheduled maintenance has been performed at Riva Yamaha and I have all the records to show.
  • It has a 5 year extended warranty that I purchased from Yamaha (YES) and it is transferable.
  • It has a single axle trailer
  • I installed/replaced all of the stock plastic rod holders with metal flush mount rod holders.
  • I installed 2 additional rod holders in the gunnels (1 port & 1 Starboard)
  • It has a Garmin 74dv GPS/Chart plotter/Fish finder and a thru hull transducer.
  • I have gunnel mount outriggers available for the boat

Now before I get to the only 2 quotes I could obtain, let me break down my initial costs when I purchased the boat 9 months ago (Sept. 2015).
  • Boat $31,999
  • Extended warranty $2,500
  • FL 6% sales tax on boat & warranty was $2,069
  • Garmin & Transducer installed was $1,500
  • Metal holders were $400
  • Outriggers were $1,000
Roughly comes to $38,668 total costs for equipment, warranty & boat purchase.

The quotes received for trade-in were $18,500 & $19,200

I expected there to be significant depreciation due to the short term in which I am trying to re-sell. I expected there to be difficulty marketing and lack of interest in the boat. I expected the lack of knowledge about the boat from the dealers.

I did not expect there to be complete refusal to even consider the boat for trade-in nor did I expect the market value/lack of interest to be below $20,000.

I knew it was going to be bad, but I had no idea how bad it truly is. This was the worst financial decision I've made...hopefully it will be the last.

NOTE: This has been my experience only and I am not saying it will be everyones experience. Others may very well and probably will fair better than I. Time will tell.
I'm actually looking for a used one, if you're still looking to sell it please let me know. (I live in Florida as well)

Jim Erickson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Fair Warning:
I know boats depreciate horribly. I know Trade-In Value provided by dealerships/brokers are horrible.
I know I am in the S. Florida market and center console jet boats are not marketable. With that being said...I think the following should prepare FSH owners for the harsh reality facing them whenever they decide to try and unload their FSH boats.

I have been trying to obtain trade-in values from multiple dealers/brokers here in S. Florida as well as other dealers throughout the state of Florida. I have even reached out to dealers/brokers in S. Carolina, Texas, Maryland, Pennsylvania & New York.

1# Most have never heard of this boat and don't know anything about it.
2# Those that do know about the boat don't even want to consider it for trade in.
3# Those that have first hand experience with the boat won't ever touch/deal for it again.

I have learned that I am not the only FSH owner who is already trying to unload/trade-in their boat. A few dealerships have already had other FSH owners calling to get values and wanting to purchase a new/different boat. A few dealerships have accepted FSH trade-ins and those that have say they will never do it again. They site the difficulty in marketing and selling the boat. Buyers who are looking for a used center console are NOT looking for a jet boat version. The dealers that accepted them as trade-ins stated that they had to liquidate the boat to a 3rd party wholesaler and either broke even or took a small loss.

I get the same reaction when I tell them what my trade in boat is...either a small chuckle or a sigh followed by "eh, I dunno, thats a tough one".

I was able to obtain only 2 quotes out of the dozen of attempts I made and both dealers emphasized their desire to not even take it as a trade in and preferred to consign it only. Both quotes will be listed at the bottom of this post.

I gave the same info and pictures to every dealer/broker that would at least look at it and consider it, before ultimately saying they would not accept it as a trade in or just never responding at all, even after I followed up after.

• It has 150hrs on the engine.
  • 10hr, 50hr, 100hr & 150hr scheduled maintenance has been performed at Riva Yamaha and I have all the records to show.
  • It has a 5 year extended warranty that I purchased from Yamaha (YES) and it is transferable.
  • It has a single axle trailer
  • I installed/replaced all of the stock plastic rod holders with metal flush mount rod holders.
  • I installed 2 additional rod holders in the gunnels (1 port & 1 Starboard)
  • It has a Garmin 74dv GPS/Chart plotter/Fish finder and a thru hull transducer.
  • I have gunnel mount outriggers available for the boat

Now before I get to the only 2 quotes I could obtain, let me break down my initial costs when I purchased the boat 9 months ago (Sept. 2015).
  • Boat $31,999
  • Extended warranty $2,500
  • FL 6% sales tax on boat & warranty was $2,069
  • Garmin & Transducer installed was $1,500
  • Metal holders were $400
  • Outriggers were $1,000
Roughly comes to $38,668 total costs for equipment, warranty & boat purchase.

The quotes received for trade-in were $18,500 & $19,200

I expected there to be significant depreciation due to the short term in which I am trying to re-sell. I expected there to be difficulty marketing and lack of interest in the boat. I expected the lack of knowledge about the boat from the dealers.

I did not expect there to be complete refusal to even consider the boat for trade-in nor did I expect the market value/lack of interest to be below $20,000.

I knew it was going to be bad, but I had no idea how bad it truly is. This was the worst financial decision I've made...hopefully it will be the last.

NOTE: This has been my experience only and I am not saying it will be everyones experience. Others may very well and probably will fair better than I. Time will tell.
I am willing to go higher than the dealer quotes you received, not going to insult you offering 15k.

Jim Erickson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I am actually already engaged with a buyer and am waiting for confirmation/clearance of funds. If for some unforeseen reason the deal/transaction falls through, which I don't anticipate occurring, I will let you know.

Thank you for your interest thought and best of with your search!
No problem, if for some reason it falls through hit me up. Thx for the reply.