• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 FSH 190 Sport Re-Sale/Trade-In Value...

chris oftedal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well good... So they do hold their value.

chris oftedal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I'm sure you didn't buy it as an investment. The boat was $32k. Forgot what you paid in taxes and after market mods. So after ten months and 150 hours you took a $4k hit. I'd say that it held it's value fairly well.

chris oftedal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who said end of the road? Has the outboard forum not approved your request yet?

chris oftedal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm no fan boy, I just think your entire post is comical. You started saying how bad these boats depreciate and how you would lose your ass. Then, you sell the boat, in what? Two weeks? I wish I could sell things that fast. For $4k less than the boat cost. Then you continue to lurk on a JET boat message board and insult the members by calling them fanboys and apologists.

chris oftedal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And you can call me whatever name you want. But at the end of the day I'm not the dumbass who bought a boat only to sell it ten months later expecting not to lose much money.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anybody that can sell their fsh and lose 10,000 dollars and throw another 50 thousand at a bigger boat more power to them. If they stick around this forum, I wouldn't call anybody a fanboy?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guess I'm a "stalker" and lurker, LMFAO
Perhaps you wish you were cool enough to still own a Yamaha or that Yamaha made a boat big enough for you;)

Seriously guys, let's watch the personal insults.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bought my FSH with full Marine Mat, custom T-top, custom mooring cover, extended warranty etc. Paid $40,000 otd with no money down. Boat became too small and purchased a new boat 5 months later. I was lucky that the dealer I found took the boat in on trade. Trade value was $30,000. Sight unseen. He stated he had no book or NADA value on the boat as of yet. I took a hit, do not regret it 1 bit. As I have stated before the FSH did and had everything all other bay boats have whereas no other single bay boat under 24' has all the FSH has. I feel that the FSH would sell quickly......once the right buyer is found. There seems to be a smaller market for jet boats. But the market also seems to be loyal. If you find the right niche to list it, I think it can sell. Try to sell it on The Hull Truth and you'll hear crickets and get flamed....I could have listed it on this site and made a few dollars. Reason I did not was because Yamahas financing was so good, if you could get that financing, buyer financing would have been lower if purchased new.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
If you were able to get the special Yamaha financing, that is where the benefit of buying new lies. The unrealized rebate.

6.24% vs 4.24% (possible scenario)

2 % interest savings on a 15 year loan @ $35,000 = $5,541.01

That is worth something.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Financing was 2.99% for 5 years, 5.99 for last 10. Payments less than $300.00 with no $ down. Cant bet that....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
  • Boat $31,999
  • Extended warranty $2,500
  • FL 6% sales tax on boat & warranty was $2,069
  • Garmin & Transducer installed was $1,500
  • Metal holders were $400
  • Outriggers were $1,000
but I'll give you the short cut your seeking...28K
Long thread with some great discussions, and a lot of confusing replies. But to cut to the chase, @ClemsonTiger you admitted that Tax and outriggers don't count to the value of the boat. You never mentioned the value of the extended warranty, and although it isn't zero, most would agree that all it does is help to sell the boat quickly, not increase its value. The garmin and metal fittings - you might get 50% back on the investment. So when you total all of that up, your starting point is 31,999+750+200=$32,949. Most people realize (as you said you did) that when you drive a new vehicle off the lot you are usually facing a 25% depreciation. If you factor that in, then your boat became worth $24,711 the day after you bought it. What many might be missing here is that @ClemsonTiger was mad about the original dealer offers on trade.

The quotes received for trade-in were $18,500 & $19,200
These do seem a little on the low side, but you have to remember that they are trying to make a profit, the boat is newish and doesn't have a reputation, and as such they are forced to low ball. At 19K average, they were hoping to make a 2-5k profit on you based on the depreciated value of your boat and how fast they wanted to move it.

In my opinion you did the right thing to sell privately, and you got a great deal on the boat with both sides happy. In effect, the new owner paid full price for the add ons, and paid a partial amount for the warranty. Again...as long as both sides are happy....looks like a great deal!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Whatever makes Yamaha and their products sound better and viewed in a more positive light, must be right!

I get brand loyalty, everyone has it to some extent; however, others let it blind them to the point of ridiculousness.

Love my Tidewater, but it has a TON of items I am unsatisfied with and quite frankly Tidewater cut a lot of corners and did some really piss poor work with a seriously lack of detail and quality.

There are Tidewater apologist and other brand name apologist on other boards, but the Yamaha apologists take the cake in my opinion.

Signing off, I am sure to the satisfaction to the Yamaha fun club.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I don't think so much that we are brand loyalists, as we are exited about our specific model boats for the price-point. Thats why we bought them.
Yamaha actually has been getting a bad rep lately. I've had my issues for sure.
Fanboys are annoying and irrational and can be easily spotted.
You think this site has fan boys, go to the Tacomaworld forum. Lol

I appreciate @ClemsonTiger keeping the fanboy thinking in check. Him and I have gotten into it a couple of times. lol
Its all fun.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the "fanboys" didn't read the whole thread and realize your annoyance at the lowball dealer trade in number, and focused on your general resale numbers...which turned out really well in the end.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I guess there are fanboys and the butthurt.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Being so touchy and defensive really is self destructive. Especially for someone who seems to have so much going for him with so much to offer. I didn't realize just how touchy until I got barked at for suggesting I don't like fishing offshore in rough water. I wish him well. The Tidewater is a hell of a nice boat in my humble option.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Being so touchy and defensive really is self destructive. Especially for someone who seems to have so much going for him with so much to offer. I didn't realize just how touchy until I got barked at for suggesting I don't like fishing offshore in rough water. I wish him well. The Tidewater is a hell of a nice boat in my humble option.
Everything is relative I guess.....the captain/owner of the 80 foot Lazzarra with stabilizers we met in Bimini said "If its 2 footers or larger we don't go out in it....we are pleasure boaters...and that is not pleasureable!"