• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2016 SeaDek Group Buy

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well I couldn't resist and found my hand uncontrollably clicking "buy" on the seadek group buy as well... glad I did! We even optioned out the custom swim step with our boats name... thanks for all the help and design work JBP! The finished product is awesome and wife was thrilled!!!IMG_0139.JPGIMG_0142.JPGIMG_0092.JPGIMG_0155.JPG

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great @LBFloats! Thanks for posting the pics! By the way. What state are you in?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any more group buys coming in the spring maybe? :D I had just purchased my boat and had no idea what this stuff was even. Now that I am $2500 deep in accessories and mods, I guess whats another chunk right?

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great @LBFloats! Thanks for posting the pics! By the way. What state are you in?
I'm south of you guys in Tampa Bay!

Any more group buys coming in the spring maybe? :D I had just purchased my boat and had no idea what this stuff was even. Now that I am $2500 deep in accessories and mods, I guess whats another chunk right?
Favorite Mod to date imho... everybody loves the look and feel of it and we've gotten a lot of compliments already... plus I still have a black spot on my toenail from stubbing it on a carpet snap 2 months ago, glad to see those gone ;)

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Stripping Seadek...​

Don't know how everyone else went about it, but removing the original swimdeck pads were a major PIA, this stuff is seriously on there and the adhesive is no joke! My pads ended up coming off in strips when I could finally get under an edge, try as I might they didn't come off in one piece and tore easily along the seams. I tried the included instructions with mediocre results, then experimented with mineral spirits, goof off, a heat gun... everything short of lacquer thinner...

In the end I found using the spatula that came with my keelguard as a scraper and copious mineral spirits was good at pulling up the matts in strips and big chunks once I got the hang of it... from there I used more mineral spirits and an electric wax buffer with terry bonnet to remove the residual crud which worked remarkably well and relatively fast... I originally tried one side of the platform just by hand and that took almost 2 hrs... and by the time I went in at night I had balls of goo and red fibers from the rags stuck all over my hands, just getting that off was a killer... I switched to the buffer the next morning and the whole affair took 10 minutes and saved my hands. Wish I had done that first! In the end the surface was perfectly clean with no scrapes or gouges and the new Seadek was thankfully much easier to put on than take off! Hope that helps someone in the future, here are some pics of the process...
IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0089.JPG

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my last two little pieces that were missing - thank you @JetBoatPilot!
Customer service next to none.
upload_2016-12-13_10-41-8.png

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang I'm jealous. I missed the group buy this year. Please tell me one is coming up real soon after the new year?? Sea Dek is my last mod before I hit the waters again. So hopefully good deal comes along before first outing in late March early April.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@FloJet Like everyone else, I love a good deal. But, the first time I did SeaDek, whole Yamaha boat, was off-season and full price. And -- it was still totally worth it!
That SeaDek system is just so good, I don't think we had many complains over the years.

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
True. Just going to have to wait for a little bit as too much mods this winter are draining the pocket book. Plus not going to get on boat for few more months so I think the wait will be worth it. Just getting anxious. I have the seadek all on the outside and transom just none to replace the carpet yet.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have my kit waiting to be installed. Any pointers from guys who have installed already? I watched a few videos, and looks easy enough. Clean, line up pads, cut down center of backing, tape one side down, and then pull backing working from center out. I guess the part that worries me most is removing the carpet snaps and filling holes. Guess I need to read up on that some.

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dry fit then first. I would start with the pieces for the seat base first. Then from there try to position the other pieces to align them best. The hole for the seat base isn't always centered and if you end up with that one last then youll find yourself in a dilemma of either trying to line it up with all installed pieces and have an off centered hole or center the hole and the edges won't line up with the rest.

As far as laying it down go with the instructions.

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MattFX4 Like @Minh Nguyen said, you want to start with pieces that can really only be installed in one specific place, such as the ski locker door or the chair pads. The hardware gives you a guide that you can start from and then line up the rest of the pads in the boat from those guides.

As for the holes, I would pull the screws with a philips head screwdriver and fill the holes with 3M 4200 fast cure or 5200 fast cure. Use a credit card or similar to flatten the silicone when done. Once dry you can clean area with magic eraser and it should look presentable.

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have my kit waiting to be installed. Any pointers from guys who have installed already? I watched a few videos, and looks easy enough. Clean, line up pads, cut down center of backing, tape one side down, and then pull backing working from center out. I guess the part that worries me most is removing the carpet snaps and filling holes. Guess I need to read up on that some.
Read this before you start...
https://jetboaters.net/threads/loving-the-seadek-kit.11575/#post-199336
Post #4 from @haknslash is a treasure trove of lessons learned.

dirksgoat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4, just installed mine today. I used a chalk line with no chalk... just string, marked the center of the boat with a sharpie where the sea deck was not going to be so i could use that as a center line for the faux teak pieces. i used the nav light and the scupper as the center for the chalk line. my table mount was slightly off center from factory from measurements. cleaned with acetone before laying, making sure not to remove sharpie mark. all lines are straight, sacrificed the bubble/non skid to be seen a little vs lines to be straight. the small pieces on the swim deck you have to watch when you lay. You can acidently twist them CC or CCW so the lines look curved. I fixed by slightly curving seadeck when laying. Then i ran around the edges with a Screen install tool on the edges to seal good. removed sharpie with acetone.IMG_7142.JPG IMG_7143.JPG IMG_7144.JPG IMG_7145.JPG IMG_7146.JPG IMG_7147.JPG

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have been checking seadeck website but haven't seen just lower swim platform replacemt for my AR195...... (stupid cat),,,

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been checking seadeck website but haven't seen just lower swim platform replacemt for my AR195...... (stupid cat),,,
That should be the same set as for 190 and 192s. @JetBoatPilot correct?

--

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes that is correct. The 195 models are using a Marine Mat product which is similar in design but lower in overall quality.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
JetBoatPilot- I am interested in joining your next group buy whenever that occurs.

Walt

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@WaltB it will be September 2017 for SeaDek.