• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S E-series PRICE REDUCED $45,000 (NJ)

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Blow out price: $45,000 - Boat is in mint condition, less than 70 hours, always covered and maintained, YES warranty through 2021.
Includes galvanized trailer with almost no miles, new bimini top in charcoal, black premium mooring cover, never used carpeting, misc coast guard equipment. Goes to dealer for winter who will list it at $50k!

Last edited:

Thatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Can you share more pictures of the boat?

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've only taken one picture recently of the boat this spring while I was installing the new bimini top.
Boat has always been stored out of the water and flushed after each use.
Here it is on its current floating dock on the Hudson river.

While I don't have more pictures, a potential buyer's expectations should be that it is in nearly new condition (maybe a little dirty now).
Here are representative pictures and info from this forum: https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-2016-yamaha-e-series-options-described-with-lots-of-photos.7255/

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bumped to top due to price drop!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha, would love to see more pics of the actual boat. Listing of any upgrades, and reason for Bimini being replaced please?

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are you traveling from Hawaii to NJ to buy my boat ;)
Boat is basically stock, nearly flawless and unfortunately no more pics but no disappointments either.
Bimini was replaced with the charcoal version because I thought it looks better than the tan and I wanted to keep the boat looking mint.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you traveling from Hawaii to NJ to buy my boat ;)
Boat is basically stock, nearly flawless and unfortunately no more pics but no disappointments either.
Bimini was replaced with the charcoal version because I thought it looks better than the tan and I wanted to keep the boat looking mint.
Aloha @seadude I just shot u a PM

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
rkim - this probably the best way to proceed in your case:
I have some local people interested, if they end up waiting until spring to decide (very possible), boat will be stored at Yamaha dealer for the winter who could inspect it for you. I'll be in touch if that is how things work out.
Chris (Seadude)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How do you like that floating dock? I’ve always wondered if they scratch the bottom at all? How much depth do you need to operate? Do you need to pull it out when water freezes, and if so how much of a chore is that?

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's the Wave Armor jet boat port and it works pretty well, everything the boat touches is rubber or plastic so no scratches. The "keel" on the newer boats like mine puts more concentrated weight on the bottom rollers so I definitely can't launch w/o help. A couple feet of depth is probably the minimum to avoid interference problems. I am actually renting it from the marina so I'm not sure what they are going to do with it over the winter but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it!

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
That's the Wave Armor jet boat port and it works pretty well, everything the boat touches is rubber or plastic so no scratches. The "keel" on the newer boats like mine puts more concentrated weight on the bottom rollers so I definitely can't launch w/o help. A couple feet of depth is probably the minimum to avoid interference problems. I am actually renting it from the marina so I'm not sure what they are going to do with it over the winter but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it!
@seadude What marina was this Wave Armor boat dock used? I would be curious to talk with them about it, as I'm thinking of getting one.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How hard is it to push the boat off the port? I’m up in the air about getting a Wave Armor boat port or an airdock lift.