• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamahas

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably a bit early, but with August being only about six months away, and when Yamaha traditionally announce new boats, anybody in the know or with their ear to the ground heard of any new developments we can get excited about?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We will be able to anounce something new at the Miami Boat Show coming up in a few weeks.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What happened to the guys that live around Vonore with cameras? I liked those "yamahagate" threads!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I know........

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If they were to incorporate the noise reduction stuff to the 21 footers, I'd be tempted to get a new one. If they bring the keel and articulating keel over, that would be icing on the cake and it might just be too hard for me to resist.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've got the wife's ok to buy the 21 footer if they put the new hull and captains chairs! Come on Yamaha, do it!

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hoping for a bigger one! Or a small fishing platform...

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Im betting they add nav to the touch screen...

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There better not be a surf edition...... :mad:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I believe they are on 5 year production run, so that wouldn't put a 21' & 19' redesign until 2017. I think they are going to come out with models that will compete in a category that they don't currently compete in. And I don't mean bigger or cruisers

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I believe they are on 5 year production run, so that wouldn't put a 21' & 19' redesign until 2017. I think they are going to come out with models that will compete in a category that they don't currently compete in. And I don't mean bigger or cruisers

So are we talking fishing boats? Like Bass boats?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Bass style fishing boat would be sweet, but I bet they're more likely to make a smaller 16 or so footer to compete with the Scarab 165?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe I'm off base, but I don't see these boats lending themselves well to a "bass boat" type of setup. A lot of that kind of fishing involves getting into places where there is surface and subsurface vegetation, which does not mix well with the jets. The other thing is that the trolling speed tracking (yeah, I know, people don't usually troll for bass) is lacking. I surface troll from ours sometimes but it requires constant course correction and steering input, even with fins.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Come on @primedoc @TN888 @CAM212SS get that camera out!:D
Sometime next week i have to travel to Athens TN from Knoxville. I have to make stop in Maryville first. If i have time, i will take Hwy 33 through Vonore on my way from Maryville to Athens. Hopefully i will have some eye candy for everyone

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@CAM212SS , off topic but a question for you if you know.. what kind of town is Maryville Tn.?? We are pondering a move in the next year or two and was kinda wondering if Maryville would be a good place to live...any input appreciated..

We love the smokies, and figured somewhere around the Knoxville area would be good.