• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamahas

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@CAM212SS , off topic but a question for you if you know.. what kind of town is Maryville Tn.?? We are pondering a move in the next year or two and was kinda wondering if Maryville would be a good place to live...any input appreciated..

We love the smokies, and figured somewhere around the Knoxville area would be good.
it would be a great place to live IMO. Friendly people... close to the smokies. Great schools as well. I live in knoxville, but i would not hesitate to live in Maryville. Great lakes all around.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply, it was just somewhere that kept popping up when we were looking around online. I noticed the housing prices were a bit higher than surrounding areas so it may be a little out of our range but we will wait until we are close to ready and take a hard look at it.. thanks again..

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Center console bay fishing style or a serious wake board contender.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know of at least one new boat coming and supposedly we will all get to see it at the Miami show.

Really looking forward to my first truckload of them!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@CAM212SS , off topic but a question for you if you know.. what kind of town is Maryville Tn.?? We are pondering a move in the next year or two and was kinda wondering if Maryville would be a good place to live...any input appreciated..

We love the smokies, and figured somewhere around the Knoxville area would be good.
GREAT place to raise a Family.
Close enough to Knoxville to do SERIOUS (ie, Bigger City) shopping. Great recreation.
Reminds me of this ...........
+                BAD DAY DOWN SOUTH - sm.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So are we talking fishing boats? Like Bass boats?
Good question @jcyamaharider . However, Yamaha already has a LARGE investment in fishing boats ..........
1)
SKEETER - The #2 top-rated bass boat (Ranger #1).
and 2)
G3 - A company that makes john boats, fishing boats and pontoon boats. Again, another LARGE investment.

So it is pretty probable that Yamaha would not "dilute" their exiting investments and disturb this (bass boat & fishing) boat marketplace.

Best WIshes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Besides, Yamaha owns the outboard market too...and fishing boats have outboard motors. Jets have their place, but fishing boats have certain needs.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this will not be as popular but we already have some great, larger Yamaha boats. How about a 20' model with twin engines. Single axle trailer with brakes and great color schemes. Given the small size, it doesn't need the external fin but it would be nice if the two engines could be controlled independantly (forward/reverse) allowing for great maneuvering.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey Mother Yamaha, how about just fixing some of the quality control issues and detail work on the existing lines?
Great boats but "the devil's in the details"....

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With the fishing lure on there and saying it's for 'every kind of boater', I'm guessing a fish/ski style boat? Should be interesting to see what they do to the existing platforms (or maybe a new platform!?) to bring something new there...

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think I know what it is now as well..... :p:D:p

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could it be a fish/ski boat with an outboard jet drive? I know others on here know what it is.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are plenty of hints around. Yamaha owns companies that make outboard powered boats under other brand names. Every boat sold in the US under the Yamaha brand is jet powered. Yamaha's brands have boats in almost every category. This boat will fill one of the gaps.

I predict that it will be smaller than a 242 and bigger than a 190. It will be fishing orientated and will not be a bass boat. So what is left?

Hopefully we will see future entries into the wake boat and US cruiser categories.

marc7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Noticed the fishing lure....one-of-a-kind_boat.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe it is there to make us "think" it is for fishing..... ?????

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of a kind, its on there official boat site, its got a lure attached to the advert………………..my guess is a centre console jet boat with bait boxes, rod holders etc and around the 20ft mark :nailbiting:.