• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamahas

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love our 2008 AR230 and hope one day to buy new when it has every option we only wish and dream for. But thinking by the time they build one the price with be 90K and totally unreachable and depressing. Cool thing is we can mod our Yamaha out and make it do whatever we want it to do so can't complain about that. Winter mods list already started ![flag]

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Everything keeps getting more expensive, but my pay sure isn't increasing. :mad:

Guess I'll just stick with my '04. She's been good to us so far.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
FYI, 2016s are already shipping. I have 3 boats inbound right now but none of them are the E series yet :(

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! The extra plant must be helping with production times.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have decided that no sooner than 7 years will I upgrade. That upgrade will be to a cabin cruiser... hopefully Yamaha gets on the ball and builds a 28' similar to the Sea Ray 280. Generator, A/C etc. a def get away machine...That is one nice boat except for the I/O's as I am just not a fan of them. So I have time to wait, lets just hope Yamaha gets one going. I have a dealer friend that spoke with some techs and they said they are working on a larger platform but it is on paper as far as he knows... fingers crossed, we all can dream a little!

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have decided that no sooner than 7 years will I upgrade. That upgrade will be to a cabin cruiser... hopefully Yamaha gets on the ball and builds a 28' similar to the Sea Ray 280. Generator, A/C etc. a def get away machine...That is one nice boat except for the I/O's as I am just not a fan of them. So I have time to wait, lets just hope Yamaha gets one going. I have a dealer friend that spoke with some techs and they said they are working on a larger platform but it is on paper as far as he knows... fingers crossed, we all can dream a little!
I am along the same lines as you with the Sea Ray 280 or even a large bowrider with a berth. The problem is I am currently boatless and itching to get back in. Unfortunately, I just don't see the 24' as a big enough boat coming from the 21'. Plus I really need an area for the kids to get out of the sun or take naps during the day if needed. My wife refuses to get a boat with a prop...so here I am, money in hand but sitting on the sidelines until someone fills that need. I would rather it be Yamaha, but I have been waiting through several August releases now for it to happen and every year someone says that their dealer told them a bigger boat was in the works....maybe 2017 will be that year but it seems less and less likely now that they have to redo the 21' and I assume get the FSH in a larger platform as well.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Unfortunately there is no definitive timeline as it has to work out on paper before it can transition to reality. I know he said they told him they were working on a triple engine layout, wether it is used or not or they come up with more power etc. these are things that has to work out behind the scenes first. Then looking at comparable boats we are talking a boat that will debut in the 6 figure price range so they have to really make it appealing to jump into that market if that is something they are looking at. I agree with your wife, I love the jet boats for service and reliability as well as the huge safety factor but all we can do is talk about it (they do read these forums) and hopefully it will become enough for them to make it happen.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My understanding is that the cruiser market is pretty crowded. You have companies like Chaparral that did away with their larger cruisers and went to the jet boat market because that is where the growth is. Without question Yamaha has done the research and if they thought it was a good investment, they would be all over it. I think they will be staying with the bowriders for a while, but I wouldn't give up hope on a cuddy, larger bowrider or a hybrid like the larger Chaparral.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
but I wouldn't give up hope on a cuddy, larger bowrider or a hybrid like the larger Chaparral.
^^^^^This is ultimately what I am hoping for. I would take any of those options just to stay with a Jetboat that has the bulletproof reliability and low maintenance of a Yamaha.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My understanding is that the cruiser market is pretty crowded. You have companies like Chaparral that did away with their larger cruisers and went to the jet boat market because that is where the growth is. Without question Yamaha has done the research and if they thought it was a good investment, they would be all over it. I think they will be staying with the bowriders for a while, but I wouldn't give up hope on a cuddy, larger bowrider or a hybrid like the larger Chaparral.
I seam to remember talk about the Jets efficiency going down dramatically as the the Length and Weight of the Boat got up over 25'..etc..
Like 3 x 1.8s were not enough to do it properly...
They could do it with there out boards of course..as shown in some Japanese versions of bigger Yamaha Boats
Supposedly the Jets Yamaha produces are not cut out for that Load ratio.

the above, i post is from memory of the dealer meeting/launch in Mexico Summer 2013.
My dealer asked me not to share at the time...but that was then...

I am aware of Other large jet driven Boats..

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

MikeyL