• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamahas

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
zedxmike, when you drove the 242 e series was it noticeably quieter? Im trying to figure out what they did and if we can do it to our boats somehow.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian do you know how they made the boats quieter? Also, did you notice that the boat was quieter than previous years
I don't have the details, but it was described to me as a pretty significant process. The 242X sounded as quiet as last years models....so I don't think they went even further with sound deadening.

5) completely expected a 21' or 24' FHS.
I thought for sure this would be a definite.
Since the 19' FSH is only just being delivered it doesn't surprise me that they haven't done a 24' one yet. They need more time to see how it does.

But I was disappointed that they didn't reduce the noise on the other boats
Me too....this was something many members wanted to see.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
zedxmike, when you drove the 242 e series was it noticeably quieter? Im trying to figure out what they did and if we can do it to our boats somehow.
@elcue : Once again, welcome. :Welcome:

The answer to your question actually lies in the 2015 (not 2016 !) 24-foot boat re-designed new hull design.

The simple answer to your question is "NO!" ............ you cannot "do something" to achieve the significant (maybe like 50% noise reduction) that Yamaha actually achieved. It is not a "slight" improvement - It is significant.

The easiest thing for you is to go see a dealer and take a ride in a 2015 or 2016 24-foot Yamaha. ALL of the 24-foot boats have the same hull, and most of the major improvements they implemented in the 2015 model year.

Good luck, and excellent question. However, sadly the answer is "No."

Take Care, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian and @Bruce I am still confused. On the e-series boats, is the Bimini foldable when not in use or do you just take it off of the skeleton if you want sun? That would look pretty weird if you had a all the bimini supports up there with nothing on the top but it doesn't look like all of those bars would fold back into the tower. I know you are awaiting pics/video from Yamaha but I was curious if you actually had clarification on this.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian and @Bruce I am still confused. On the e-series boats, is the Bimini foldable when not in use or do you just take it off of the skeleton if you want sun? That would look pretty weird if you had a all the bimini supports up there with nothing on the top but it doesn't look like all of those bars would fold back into the tower. I know you are awaiting pics/video from Yamaha but I was curious if you actually had clarification on this.
What I understand is that it is connected to the tower and can rotate when the tower folds....so when you fold the tower down, the bimini goes down with it covering the boat.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What I understand is that it is connected to the tower and can rotate when the tower folds....so when you fold the tower down, the bimini goes down with it covering the boat.
@Julian But if I have the tower up and just don't want to use the bimini for shade I am left with the skeleton correct?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@octavio3311 said:
5) completely expected a 21' or 24' FHS.
I thought for sure this would be a definite.

Hoping everyone will please remember that due to a completely new factory "line" setup, the FSH JUST started being produced at or near the beginning of August of 2015.
So the FIRST FSH's have just NOW begun reaching a few dealers.
Hopefully this explains what we all may perceive as a slow roll-out in this new offering lineup by Yamaha.
Best Wishes to all, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just sent them a message to confirm, waiting to hear back...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It is my understanding that you are left with the frame up.
I appreciate this, @Zeiss21. This is also what my contact at the meeting told me.
Many Blessed Wishes your way ........... and thanks for the update.
Mikey Lulejian - Going to finish cutting emerald zoysia the rains kept me from yesterday, Lake Oconee, GA

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That sort of thing might be acceptable on a bargain boat, but at 72k it isn't. If Yamaha is going to play in this price point with their essentially non-negotiable pricing, they need to work on some of these details.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WoW!! They hit the $71K mark.
The boat looks good, improvements look even better.

Not cheap, but 71,000 will not even get you a base master craft with no trailer.

Wonder if it will be Surfable. ?

Yamaha still holds the Value $$ point for new boats. Lots of great features for $$

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Won't get a mastercraft butnitnwill sure as heck get an MB or an Axis T22. If you buy well it could get you very close to a Malibu vlx 22. I think this pricing puts it up against some very stiff competition. Maybe that's the strategy - push to find the limit of what the market will bear.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Won't get a mastercraft butnitnwill sure as heck get an MB or an Axis T22. If you buy well it could get you very close to a Malibu vlx 22. I think this pricing puts it up against some very stiff competition. Maybe that's the strategy - push to find the limit of what the market will bear.
Yup, why would Yamaha sell a boat for Less than an AXIS or MB ??? those are good Boats....But Yamaha is getting closer..
There Focus is NOT the Tow Boat market , but the Bow Rider Market.

The push right now is for Bow Riders to become SURFABLE..... Volvo reverse drive and Surf Tabs on BowRiders are the Current answer to this.

Yamaha will need to Solve this for 2017 Market year.... People dropping $70k on a new boat don't won't to Strap/Bolt a Tab no the back of their new ride

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lashburn, I agree with you. The boat is being marketed as a water sports boat. For 70k+ it needs to come out of the box ready to go. They have definitely gotten closer, with drive by wire and gps speed control being the biggest steps in my opinion. In stock form, though, the boat appears only marginally surfable. Wakeboarding is likely fine but I would be surprised if it is at the level of a vdrive for that.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yup, why would Yamaha sell a boat for Less than an AXIS or MB ??? those are good Boats....But Yamaha is getting closer..
There Focus is NOT the Tow Boat market , but the Bow Rider Market.

The push right now is for Bow Riders to become SURFABLE..... Volvo reverse drive and Surf Tabs on BowRiders are the Current answer to this.

Yamaha will need to Solve this for 2017 Market year.... People dropping $70k on a new boat don't won't to Strap/Bolt a Tab no the back of their new ride

Couldn't agree more. Like I said - if you're gonna play with the big boys, you better offer tabs, wedge, surf gate - whatever neccesary to dial in that wake.

At $72k, they've surpassed the Moomba Mojo, Ski Supreme, Axis and MB's - all surfable boats right from the factory.
And as you mentioned - the I/O's like Bryant (with their extended surf/swim platform) are making great strides also.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Couldn't agree more. Like I said - if you're gonna play with the big boys, you better offer tabs, wedge, surf gate - whatever neccesary to dial in that wake.

At $72k, they've surpassed the Moomba Mojo, Ski Supreme, Axis and MB's - all surfable boats right from the factory.
And as you mentioned - the I/O's like Bryant (with their extended surf/swim platform) are making great strides also.

...speaking of which..... Octa...thought you all were wrestling a new wake Boat...???

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
...speaking of which..... Octa...thought you all were wrestling a new wake Boat...???
@lashburn1 - yeah at 1 time I was. I drive by them several times a day back and forth from home. I especially had a stiffie for a Ski Supreme v226. But couple of things happened.
1) my kids (14YO twins - 1 boy, 1 girl) use to bug me to go wakeboarding, then with the 212x, they took up surfing and that's all they wanted to do. Now a days, they'll surf for a 1/2 hour and start bugging me to head to the cove - cause all their friends are in the cove. And lately they've been asking for the dreaded tube - I hate carting that monstrosity around. .
2) my Yamaha is 1 kick ass boat - it does everything we ask of it. We had a guy's day out last week - me, my brothers and a few friends. We had 9 adults. Hit the lake at 10am, didn't come off till 8pm. Ballast tanks full, tons of people ballast and tons of cooler ballast;), we were rope less all day.
It doesn't excel at any 1 thing, yet it performs incredibly at everything we throw at it.
3) spent some time in a MXZ - really nice boat, all blinged out, but holy shit man, the f'in thing rides like a tank. I can't have that. No way.

That said - sure I still drool over that gorgeous x20 that's calling out to me every time I drive by. But I'm also drooling over the Bryant Calandra parked next to it. And the god damn black and white Cobalt WSS next to that is teasing the shit out of me.
But we truly love our Yamaha and simply don't see a reason to change.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@lashburn1 - yeah at 1 time I was. I drive by them several times a day back and forth from home. I especially had a stiffie for a Ski Supreme v226. But couple of things happened.
1) my kids (14YO twins - 1 boy, 1 girl) use to bug me to go wakeboarding, then with the 212x, they took up surfing and that's all they wanted to do. Now a days, they'll surf for a 1/2 hour and start bugging me to head to the cove - cause all their friends are in the cove. And lately they've been asking for the dreaded tube - I hate carting that monstrosity around. .
2) my Yamaha is 1 kick ass boat - it does everything we ask of it. We had a guy's day out last week - me, my brothers and a few friends. We had 9 adults. Hit the lake at 10am, didn't come off till 8pm. Ballast tanks full, tons of people ballast and tons of cooler ballast;), we were rope less all day.
It doesn't excel at any 1 thing, yet it performs incredibly at everything we throw at it.
3) spent some time in a MXZ - really nice boat, all blinged out, but holy shit man, the f'in thing rides like a tank. I can't have that. No way.

That said - sure I still drool over that gorgeous x20 that's calling out to me every time I drive by. But I'm also drooling over the Bryant Calandra parked next to it. And the god damn black and white Cobalt WSS next to that is teasing the shit out of me.
But we truly love our Yamaha and simply don't see a reason to change.

GOOD ANSWER!!!
Happy Family- Happy Dad-
..we really liked the SURF thing...But the Tube goes everywhere the MC goes....
No else owns a boat that we know.... so there is no-one to catch on the Lake for Cove time..