• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212x Boat Show Price

JN82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, can't wait! I'm living vicariously through all you guys :)

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice, can't wait! I'm living vicariously through all you guys :)
I know the feeling, I've been doing the same thing for a while now. Just curious, why do you want the 212?

JN82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd say about 60 or 70% of the decision is looks - it's a beautiful boat. Love it in white. Also like the upgraded trim options, as well as the higher output engines. The 19's are too small for us, and the 24's are too big, so the 21 is perfect. I want the sporty look of the wake tower on the Limited S, so that rules out the SX and the Limited non-S. I'd test drive an AR210, but I have a feeling the faster speed in the Limited S will be too tempting.

We're also looking hard at the Mastercraft NXT 22 series, but that's a totally different animal, and I'm awfully sold on jet drives.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd say about 60 or 70% of the decision is looks - it's a beautiful boat. Love it in white. Also like the upgraded trim options, as well as the higher output engines. The 19's are too small for us, and the 24's are too big, so the 21 is perfect. I want the sporty look of the wake tower on the Limited S, so that rules out the SX and the Limited non-S. I'd test drive an AR210, but I have a feeling the faster speed in the Limited S will be too tempting.

We're also looking hard at the Mastercraft NXT 22 series, but that's a totally different animal, and I'm awfully sold on jet drives.
Sounds like all the same reasons as me. The 212 seemed a good bit faster to me than my buddy's 242 ls, with a lot of the same features. Although it would be nice to have a little more room and the head compartment, it's not worth the extra $$. Plus my tow vehicle is only rated for the 21 ft. 50+ mph on the water seemed fast enough for me.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First time poster here. I'm 99% confident that we are going to pull the trigger on a 2017 212x this coming year.....pretty excited!! Through some of our my research, I've seen that typically Yamaha will not move on prices, especially on new boats at the beginning of the year. However some of the dealers I've spoken with, there is some concern that with the hefty price increase of the 212x could cause them to be harder to move (hopefully encouraging them to move some on price and offer incentives). So I'm curious what the community thinks boat show pricing might be for the 2017 212x as I plan on heading to the Cincinnati boat show in January. What would you view as a great/good/bad deal? I've been to the SeeDealerCost website and there is no information on 2017s Yamahas, yet. My guess is you can accurately say there is $4k-6k difference in MSRP and invoice. Thanks in advance, as this forum has been EXTREMELY helpful in my research!!
Boat show might save a few bucks. I got my 2016 SX 240 at the normal yamha price. But i milked them for every extra i could get ie cost guard kit (life jackets, throw ect saved about $400. Got some dock lines, bumbers, shirts, yamaha spray ect. Most of the places here in Fl know they dont need to drop the price to much thet cant keep the yamaha boats in stock. We added the hydro turf/ sea deck what ever you want to call it to replace the shity carpet, JL Audio slam pack and some lights and we got the "good guy/army guy price". Pretty much got the stuff at cost. So if can add as much as you can when you buythe boat.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

One other thing I noticed from the demo ride was how quiet it was compared to the other models I've been on. I was holding a conversation while we were cruising at 34 mph.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
According to my testing numbers the 2017 21' boats are the quietest Yamaha's ever built.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
According to my testing numbers the 2017 21' boats are the quietest Yamaha's ever built.
I saw boat test reviewed the 212 limited s, I haven't had a chance to compare the #'s with other models or manufacturers. But I was impressed with how quiet it was even at higher speeds.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First time poster here. I'm 99% confident that we are going to pull the trigger on a 2017 212x this coming year.....pretty excited!! Through some of our my research, I've seen that typically Yamaha will not move on prices, especially on new boats at the beginning of the year. However some of the dealers I've spoken with, there is some concern that with the hefty price increase of the 212x could cause them to be harder to move (hopefully encouraging them to move some on price and offer incentives). So I'm curious what the community thinks boat show pricing might be for the 2017 212x as I plan on heading to the Cincinnati boat show in January. What would you view as a great/good/bad deal? I've been to the SeeDealerCost website and there is no information on 2017s Yamahas, yet. My guess is you can accurately say there is $4k-6k difference in MSRP and invoice. Thanks in advance, as this forum has been EXTREMELY helpful in my research!!
Have you made it to the boat show yet? I'm being told Yamaha is offering an extra 2 years of warranty coverage (total of 3) and a discounted additional year of coverage.

JP2016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am not going to be able to make it to the boat show this year but I already pulled the trigger and bought it. Good thing is that I got the dealer to put in the extra warranty so it looks like it didn't miss out.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am not going to be able to make it to the boat show this year but I already pulled the trigger and bought it. Good thing is that I got the dealer to put in the extra warranty so it looks like it didn't miss out.
Just curious, what kind of deal did you get?

JP2016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got them to put in dealer prep, freight, 4 year warranty, galvanized trailer plus around $1K gear.

familyboat20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have you made it to the boat show yet? I'm being told Yamaha is offering an extra 2 years of warranty coverage (total of 3) and a discounted additional year of coverage.
Sorry for the slow response. Yes, they were offering the additional warranty but I was very put off they didn't have the boat I was interested in seeing (212x). Also the 'sales person' was not very informed about his products as it seemed like I was educating him half the time (which was a off-putting to say the least). Anyhow, still waiting for a 212x to show up so I can actually see/touch the boat before making a decision.

kc919

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry for the slow response. Yes, they were offering the additional warranty but I was very put off they didn't have the boat I was interested in seeing (212x). Also the 'sales person' was not very informed about his products as it seemed like I was educating him half the time (which was a off-putting to say the least). Anyhow, still waiting for a 212x to show up so I can actually see/touch the boat before making a decision.
If it's any help, I just bought a 2017 212x today in Raleigh NC and the price was $55,995 (after the boat show discount) plus an additional 2 years of warranty.

PanamaJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If it's any help, I just bought a 2017 212x today in Raleigh NC and the price was $55,995 (after the boat show discount) plus an additional 2 years of warranty.
Is that $55,995 including freight and PDI or before freight/PDI?

Scott Van Schyndel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just went to the boat show in Wisconsin and my dealer had the 212x with swivel wake board racks for $51,995 (boat show price). I hear people say that there is not wiggle room on Yamaha boats but there definitely is. I got over $7,000 off of my 2015 212x when I purchased it back in 2015. You have to just know how to wheel and deal really well and have all of you calculations out ahead of time. How I did it was saying i had a certain payment i had to meet and i started low and moved up to my maximum which would be $7000 off as i have talked with multiple people who have told me $7000 off is kind of around the top of what most people are getting off of the boats when buying new and not a year old.

Last edited:

BKruegs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The wife and I are looking at a 2017 212x but I've never purchased a boat before. My family has always owned them but I've never actually bought one. I've heard all kinds of things about getting the financing. I've heard that since boats are considered "luxury" items the financing is damn near impossible to get and that you need perfect credit. Is this true? What type of credit score is typically needed to secure financing? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Yamaha promotional financing can be difficult to get. The rumored number is 750+, but I feel that they may require even higher. From my experience, it is much easier to finance through a local bank or credit union. I went through BB&T to finance my used 242 and couldn't have been happier with the experience.