• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR210 - Swim deck speakers

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would just save the money. Instead of modifying your cushions adding speakers to the rear swim deck and apply it to Tower speakers. Well worth the investment

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree....having a tower with no tower speakers is almost as bad as me having a tower and not using it for any water activities, I thought the main purpose of tower was to hang speakers anyways lol

Those cans look like a win-win...JL also makes some MX tower speakers that are nice as well, MX770s should be a nice win and give you increased projection over just having transom speakers, especially if you put them down low.

Last edited:

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
jeff_s - where did you end up landing your 6.5” speakers? I have a 2018 ar210 and am wanting speakers on the swim deck like you have mocked up in your images previously shown in this thread.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a set of tower cans and plan on installing them on the tower.

I couldn’t see cutting those holes in the swim deck.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a set of tower cans and plan on installing them on the tower.

I couldn’t see cutting those holes in the swim deck.
Give it time. If i think i can fit a speaker some place i am cutting lol.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody ever end up doing this? I have a 212 limited s and want to upgrade the speakers but have come to find that neither JL or wet sounds currently make a replacement 5.25” speaker. I’m worried that a 6.5” won’t fit because of that molded in curve in the fiberglass.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I’m big on keeping things looking factory. We tried to put them behind the cushion hoping the sound would squeak out but it just didn’t so we decided to start cutting. I’m happy with the turnout, not sure if it looks factory but I’m happy.

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bacchus_fl - on my 2018 AR210 I ended up being the Guinea pig. You are correct, 6.5” speakers will not work without some fab work. I tried explaining this to my local audio shop, they told me no big deal until they got the hole cut. They ended up fabbing some plastic to make it all work. I had an upholstery shop modify the cushions. There was a screw hole left over from the cushion section that had to be removed. I filled the hole and bought some Yamaha stickers on eBay, done and done. These are the new JL M6’s. I had all 4 interior speakers replaced, added the two swim deck, two towers with the additional LED light caps wired to the courtesy light switch, 12”sub, head unit, swim deck remote head unit, 2 additional batteries, and two amps to push it all. LOUD and clear. It’s been a process, but fun none the less.

Attachments

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Paul Edwards That is badass!! I can tell you hate money as much as I do. 😂

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got out on the water yesterday and had the audio cranked all day. It plays as loud as I had hoped. I can hear music while cruising across the lake, before the engines and wind noise would just drowned out the factory audio.

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do the speakers and amps drain your batteries that much? Or is this extra precaution?

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely just precaution. We will anchor down for hours and don’t ever want to get stranded. The last thing I’m trying to do when having fun is worry about my batteries. It’s a two bank setup. I run the 2 battery bank all day. I have the second 1 battery bank there just as a precaution in the event I need to switch to it to get back to the dock.

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is what I thought. Do you have the 2 batteries setup together on the "house" switch and the single one for the "start" switch. Just curious because I want to add quite a bit to mine and was thinking of having another battery installed for when I am at the sandbar or anchored out at a reef.

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly correct. I’ll have the boat out this weekend and snap a couple pics of my setup and post. I was told that the alternator to charge these deep cell batteries may not be sufficient enough and that I should buy a charger to charge the battieries while out of the water, haven’t done so and haven’t had any issues thus far.

jnelson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly correct. I’ll have the boat out this weekend and snap a couple pics of my setup and post. I was told that the alternator to charge these deep cell batteries may not be sufficient enough and that I should buy a charger to charge the battieries while out of the water, haven’t done so and haven’t had any issues thus far.
Awesome stereo and install! I really like your sub location. Is that a JL m6 12? I didn't know a 12" would fit there. Did your shop have to do any modifying to get it to fit there like the speakers on the rear swim platform? I guess I always thought there wasn't enough depth there. Do you have any regrets with putting it there versus anywhere else on the boat?

Paul Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The sub is a 10” M3-10IB-S-Gm-i-4. The location is perfect and sounds fantastic within the boat. The base doesn’t protrude out into the water like I’d like it to, but in the boat is all good. If I could make a mod it would be to add a second 10” sub directly on the opposite side (port side). The Yamaha deck speakers that come with the higher end models are Polk 5 1/4’s. These JL deck speakers are 6 1/2, JL doesn’t make a 5 1/4 marine. Yes, the speaker shop had to mod a spacer to fit the curvature of the deck wall. If I had to do it all over again, I may have looked at some polks everywhere so the deck wouldn’t have to be mod’ed and would have been able to add some additional subs for probably way less than I spent on the JL system. Not to take anything away from the JL’s, they’re just very pricey.

spankybeanz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Bacchus_fl - on my 2018 AR210 I ended up being the Guinea pig. You are correct, 6.5” speakers will not work without some fab work. I tried explaining this to my local audio shop, they told me no big deal until they got the hole cut. They ended up fabbing some plastic to make it all work. I had an upholstery shop modify the cushions. There was a screw hole left over from the cushion section that had to be removed. I filled the hole and bought some Yamaha stickers on eBay, done and done. These are the new JL M6’s. I had all 4 interior speakers replaced, added the two swim deck, two towers with the additional LED light caps wired to the courtesy light switch, 12”sub, head unit, swim deck remote head unit, 2 additional batteries, and two amps to push it all. LOUD and clear. It’s been a process, but fun none the less.
Do you have any photos of the third battery location? Also, how did you secure The battery to the boat? My 2021 212s has two batteries but I was considering a third and thought about mounting it on the opposite side of the boat