• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 FSH 190 Speed Drop

Zooted

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First time poster.. I have a 2017 FSH Sport and this weekend while taking it out, I noticed that at full throttle the speed would slowly decrease after 15 minutes. I though maybe something was caught in the impeller so I inspected the clean out, all good. After a few minutes we ran at full throttle again. Same issue. After 15 min it would slowly speed down. RPMs never dipped. Another strange thing I noticed is once we were stopped, the bilge pump would pee for quite a while (~3min).

This happened on 5 diff occasions... Anybody experience this before?

Last edited:

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSHER

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was having a similar issue so I trailered it to the house, installed the drain plug like normal and put a garden hose in the boat. I was shocked at how much water was leaking out the drain plug. Turns out I wasn't installing it nearly tight enough to create a decent seal. after a long day on the water a small leak turns into a large problem. or you might see something else leaking. if its leaking out off the water, its leaking in on the water.

-Mark

Zooted

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was having a similar issue so I trailered it to the house, installed the drain plug like normal and put a garden hose in the boat. I was shocked at how much water was leaking out the drain plug. Turns out I wasn't installing it nearly tight enough to create a decent seal. after a long day on the water a small leak turns into a large problem. or you might see something else leaking. if its leaking out off the water, its leaking in on the water.

-Mark
I'll add this to my list of tests. Thanks Mark!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

-Mark
@FSHER Check your O-ring. I have the 2021 FSH 210 too and I don't have to have the drain plug very tight to seal it. It took fixing a few other things but I get zero water in my bilge now.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Zooted Your boat is old enough check the hose clamps in the rear bilge around the clean out tube and driveline hoses. That would cause more water to come in while under power then while sitting. Those hose clamps break once they start corroding.

Zooted

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Zooted Your boat is old enough check the hose clamps in the rear bilge around the clean out tube and driveline hoses. That would cause more water to come in while under power then while sitting. Those hose clamps break once they start corroding.
Yep. That's the first thing thing I'm going to check once I get back to it.