• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 190 FSH Redesign

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So, what does everyone think about the new redisign? Big improvement? Do you wish you had waited until $2018 to buy?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not I. Cupholders are too little too late really, the JBP organizer still wins. Connext screen - I'd have to play with it. Heard of too many problems with the 24's that I'd rather keep it simple I think. Coaming bolsters look different, probably won't warp? They don't seem as plush, either. NEMA is cool. Trolling motor mount is probably a big deal to some, I don't see myself ever adding one. Definitely nice, but I can't imagine any current 190 owners are going to be lining up to buy a new one.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the only thing most current owners will want is to upgrade to the 21ft version.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I always thought our gauges were a little big. But what is up w that tiny screen thing? Maybe it could be moved and put the nmea chart plotter/sounder there... Hmmm

Seadek is cool, but I still like our vinyl... yes, mine keep warping...
We could always put cup holders in. All you need is a hole saw. That's a 10 min job. I bought some already. No big deal...

Other than the Nmea, I still rather my older deluxe model. Already have a plan in my head to customize mine...

If they didn't fix the little QC issues, the redisign is just a waste of time...

Cool to hear our boats are just as fast as the 21 FSH though.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like it! Love the new colors as well. Was a bit surprised the 21 with twins only had a top speed of 43mph. I wish they would ditch the silver faced gauges. I would prefer white face, something a bit easier to read. I'm happy with my purchase of a left over 2016 I just purchased

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mixed feelings. Love the new Carolina Blue only cuz my last 4 boats were all that color too. I wonder how much more water the new cup holders will let in the bilge now? 210 gets grommets in the t-top for 7' rods, rocket launcher and anchor lite but not on the 190? Fail yamaha. Trolling motor mount looks odd. New helm upper deck may not be as stand on friendly as ours for sight fishing. I see the same boat, with the same problems, in a better color with cup holders.

The 210 looks like a good start but the lack of front casting deck is a deal killer. When the 240 with twin 1.8's arrives I may pay a LOT more attention.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I read some good points here.
Is the Seadek standard on the Deluxe and Sport?
Two engines will be nice for those on more remote trips having the backup.
I do like the seating up front, but Earfixr makes a good point about the loss of the casting deck.
I saw the jumpsuit cushions are not covered and lose a backrest. That's kind of lame. I see a trip hazard and a uncomfortable riding position.
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 9.47.45 AM.png

Appears to have also lost the wet locker or casting net holder...or are they combined in one? Seems unlikely since the water would fill up your 5 gallon bucket unless separated. The diving ladder is in the middle of the stern deck now so it did not have to be off-set for the bucket.
The coaming, as previously stated, appears to have less padding.
More room to walk around the tower is nice.
Seems speakers are a little better positioned.
Cup holders if you need them. Drainage?

Also to note:
Yamaha had to change the mounting of the nav lights on the 2017 to comply with US CG regs. It looks like they went back to the old design here. Not mounted on the bow. Wonder why?
Also, where are the cleats? I only see one on the middle of the hull. Gotta tie up somewhere. Is this perhaps the prototype boat? Let's see!

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 9.53.42 AM.png

Attachments

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The rear cleats are aft facing...behind the rod holder

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
The rear cleats are aft facing...behind the rod holder
That's a good spot. Do you know if they put any up front we can't see? Or is just two to a side? I added rope holders for my fenders.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
5 total. 2 Stern, 1 each side Midship, 1 Bow.

16'FSHSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not a big fan of the changes on the 190. I don't like the new bow seating at all. First off they are small seats. Secondly you loose flexibility on the bow! PLUS the storage lockers are just.......just more stuff in the way to clutter a center console!!!! The idea is to be able to walk the perimeter of the boat.....not walk around stuff.......

I am also disappointed in the 210' FSH. Again I hate the up front seating for all the reasons above. You also loose the jump seats......at least the back rests. The biggest disappointment is the smaller engines. While it will handle and tow better it has only a couple MPH over the 190.

I am happy with my 16' 190 FSH and would not trade for a newer 190 or 210.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looks like the 21 has mid cleats. 19' cleats remain the same from the other picks.
Idk... Yamaha's website has proven unreliable in the past... I remember an older version of the website listing our boats w cup holders under the description. We all know that wasn't true...

I think we lucked out with our flip up jump seats. I assume they were "value engineered" out of the 21'.

They should have removed those little nav light indents from the molding process if they are not being utilized..
The was kind of Yamaha to install docking lights in place of the Nav lights when they were relocated.
Leaving holes in my hull wouldn't have been a good idea. lol

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looks like the 21 has mid cleats. 19' cleats remain the same from the other picks.
Idk... Yamaha's website has proven unreliable in the past... I remember an older version of the website listing our boats w cup holders under the description. We all know that wasn't true...

I think we lucked out with our flip up jump seats. I assume they were "value engineered" out of the 21'.

They should have removed those little nav light indents from the molding process if they are not being utilized..
The was kind of Yamaha to install docking lights in place of the Nav lights when they were relocated.
Leaving holes in my hull wouldn't have been a good idea. lol
The Great Cup Holder Conspiracy :hungover:

It's really a funny thing that Yamaha did as it irks so many people at the same time seems so small.

Yes, I agree, we did luck out with those jump seats. Quite functional, cozy, and the "value engineered" is a term I hadn't heard before. Solid point.

Those indents had me puzzled as to purpose until I saw a post, maybe it was OutontheReef, can't recall, but we started a thread on those. It is strange they just didn't just smoth out the mold.

Steven Parker

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have yet to find the flush ports on the 210 for the engines. The stern is smooth and I can't get a good view at the bottom to the engine compartment, like the 190 has.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have yet to find the flush ports on the 210 for the engines. The stern is smooth and I can't get a good view at the bottom to the engine compartment, like the 190 has.
I just went all over the videos and pics again and I can't find anything like that either. Could it be a connector in the engine compartment? Perhaps these two, kind of look like hook-ups and they are symmetrical?

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.19.14 PM.png

And what are these ports for? The thick plottens!!!

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.14.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 7.13.42 PM.png

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like some sort of wet storage area drain

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If it had two 1.8L HO engines, I might be more enthusiastic about it. I sure like the 21' overall though.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Earfixr . there was a picture posted of a new 190sport. the canvas on the t top does show the grommets. i've circled it in the photo.
I will look into replacing mine with this if it is indeed true.

Attachments

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looks like some sort of wet storage area drain
That would be strange to have the water drain on to the swim deck wouldn't it? It would eventually leave a stain. Curiouser and curiouser.