• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 210 FSH “Dixie Highway” build...join me on the voyage

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Also look at Corey’s 210 when you’re in there, that black/white/grey color scheme looks great on it, and he’s got it tricked out.

Todd Olm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
TW - Corey had that boat at a boat show in Oshkosh earlier this year which we went to and it's the boat which made us buy ours. I temporarily lost my wife at the show and found her in that FSH Sport 210. Corey and Troy came over and spoke with us, answered all our questions without being pushy, and we were sold! Honestly, I didn't think we'd find a boat we would both agree on...I was more fishing and she was more pleasure. This fit the bill to a tee, meeting both our wants and we put money down. We ordered the same boat, color scheme, Sea Dek, console/bow depth Humminbirds, trolling motor, etc. that Corey had on his. Basically all the same tricks!

Motomandan - Thanks for the positive review on the mirror. Think I'll pick it up and give it a try when my boat arrives.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So many words so few pictures. I know, weather stinks!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just a little teaser for you guys, I have the WiFish installed and working. I did not happen to get any pictures today while doing the install, however, I’ll have some tomorrow. In addition, I moved the trailer axles up about 5”. My trailer weight (ready to hit the water) was about 4850 lbs. My tongue weight was in the 450 range, which was a bit high. I slid the axles forward about 5”, and will have to reweigh tomorrow. According to Shoreland’r every inch of axle movement equates to 10-15 lbs of tongue weight, so I should be in the 375-400 range. Still a bit high, but I don’t have much more slack in the brake hose. In addition, the bunks are already 6-8” from the transom, I don’t think I want to slide the boat back more than that.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
FWIW, I don't think you're too heavy on the tongue weight. In fact, I would hesitate to say that you're heading in the wrong direction. 10% is a good general rule of thumb.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
FWIW, I don't think you're too heavy on the tongue weight. In fact, I would hesitate to say that you're heading in the wrong direction. 10% is a good general rule of thumb.
Shoreland’r recommends 5-7%, which puts me 250-340 ish. I don’t think my F150 cares either way, hoping to tame the bouncy ride a bit.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
OK. I wasn't aware Shoreland'r was shooting for that low of a number.
For bouncing and overall load leveling, I highly recommend air bags for the truck. I tow a lot and my boat's got well over 10,000 road miles on it. I'm in a Ram 1500 (Super easy to do the air bags) and I barely even notice the trailer back there.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Here is part of my electronics set up. The Raymarine WiFish is mounted in the battery compartment, with switched power coming from the helm back to this compartment. Initially, I was going to install this under the console, but the transducer cable was not quite long enough. This works just fine, as the unit connects to the display via WiFi. It powers up automatically when 12V is applied. Also in here you’ll note I installed a 2 bank NOCO charger in the back of the compartment, and fished a 12V wire from the Diag. port on the engine next door to the DVSR loop. You’ll also see the yellow hose from my 12V inflator I wired up in there for the tubes. This compartment is getting a bit cramped, luckily there is nothing left to install in there. Overall I’m basically done installing accessories for now, all that’s left is to get her name on the transom, and get her out on the water to try all this stuff out.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here’s my transducer placement. I took a S.W.A.G. trying to decide where the least amount of turbulence would be coming off the hull. In addition, I was somewhat limited by the fact that this area on the “transom” is not flat, originally I wanted the transom saver farther towards the center. I can lower it a bit if necessary, up to 1” below the hull plane.

And plug location for the charger cord. I wasn’t too keen on placing it on the swim deck or outside by the gas door, but this works. I can plug the cord in and route it out from under the cover easily enough, and if the boat is already covered it’s pretty easy to lift one corner and re-secure it. This angle is off, the plug is actually centered to the hatchway.

So there she is boys. I have her all cleaned up, naming will happen tonight after I pick up my daughter. All that’s left is the maiden voyage, and the Cobra Jet Super Magnum AK’s with the mega fang plus’s. I want to feel her out without for the first trip before installing those. Once I get them installed, I can give my opinions about how everything works together, WiFish review, Navionics Plus on the tablet, CJS, etc. Almost forgot, I de-lawsuitized the boat, save the Coast Guard rating sticker. I did save the “rectum and vagina” sticker, it’s underside the clean out port hatch.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
See my post on transducer placement. I was I the business a long time. It may help you out! Looks great!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Pretty close to where I landed mine, I studied every post I could find here regarding placement, looked at the hull, basically agonized over it for days.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I keep my tongue weight a little heavy at 550 and she tows great. Fl Keys to South Carolina yesterday and to Hersheypark today over 1200 miles total. Speeds over 80 at times and in horrible rain and wind. Also painters tape so you can peel off the bugs.79AE48A7-DBAB-49F4-B2F7-94567079BA08.jpeg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I keep my tongue weight a little heavy at 550 and she tows great. Fl Keys to South Carolina yesterday and to Hersheypark today over 1200 miles total. Speeds over 80 at times and in horrible rain and wind. Also painters tape so you can peel off the bugs.
Looking good! That’s a great idea for the tape on the front for longer trips. Any reason you wouldn’t tow that far with the cover on?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cover is $850
Just got in after 1548 miles
It would have submitted the cover to 60 to 80 mph winds for that long so I think it would shorten the life span.
A lot of flapping. Like going through a Cat 1 Hurricane.
But the debate is out there 6 of one and half dozen of another.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Got the CJS Super Magnum AK system with the Mega Fang Plus installed. I know I said I was going to run it once before install, but I got the itch to install them before the maiden voyage tomorrow.

Thanks to @Cobra Jet Steering LLC for the system, just looking at the parts laid out and the instructions I was confused about how it would go together. Once I got the boat in front of me, parts laid out near the nozzles it made a lot of sense, I took my sweet time installing, which really only took an hour. Excellent system, hardware is top notch and parts were all high quality and finished well.