• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 212X Wake Rack Rubber Inserts

BOARF16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My rubber inserts on my stock wake board rack are deteriorating and are causing black residue to run down the tower. They also leave a black stain on your hands when touched. I am trying to find replacement inserts for it, but most of the universal inserts aren’t the same size.
Does anyone know when brand the rack is or where to get inserts that are actually designed for the rack?
I’ve already reached out to Krypt Towers and their inserts are only 2.25” tall and the ones I have are 2.5” tall.
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 9F91E96A-719F-4481-B17E-78AC1D40A41B.jpeg
    9F91E96A-719F-4481-B17E-78AC1D40A41B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
Can you scrub them with Dawn and a scrubby pad to get the residue off? That may buy you some time until you find new inserts. I've had success doing this to cars weather stripping that was causing run lines. Scrub the dirt and residue off, then apply some VRP to it to protect it. it may help.

I would think 2.25 inches would be OK. 1/8 on each side isn't much.

Can you scrub them with Dawn and a scrubby pad to get the residue off? That may buy you some time until you find new inserts. I've had success doing this to cars weather stripping that was causing run lines. Scrub the dirt and residue off, then apply some VRP to it to protect it. it may help.
That’s my plan if I can’t find any, I did scrub them down when I pulled the boat out for the winter, but I wanted to have a backup plan if that didn’t work.

I would think 2.25 inches would be OK. 1/8 on each side isn't much.
The issue is they have lips on them and the lips would be inside the collar vs on the top and bottom.

The issue is they have lips on them and the lips would be inside the collar vs on the top and bottom.
That's right, I have the same one. It's been a while since I looked at it.

Back