• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR 240 Bow Cleat

bperkins025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The port cleat on the bow of my 2018 AR240 came off. It is wet slipped so I didn't lose the cleat in the water thanks to the dock line, but it is completely off. I'm assuming that the black plastic insert where the speaker and cup holder are mounted comes off for access to the back side of the cleat, but I cannot figure out how to take it off. Does anyone here have experience with this?

The port cleat on the bow of my 2018 AR240 came off. It is wet slipped so I didn't lose the cleat in the water thanks to the dock line, but it is completely off. I'm assuming that the black plastic insert where the speaker and cup holder are mounted comes off for access to the back side of the cleat, but I cannot figure out how to take it off. Does anyone here have experience with this?

Please clarify. You say the cleat is completely off. Are you asking about how to take that off, or how to remove the speaker, or are you thinking you will remove the entire plastic trim in that area, or... ?

If it's the speakers, there should be screws holding the grill in place, which would then give you further access to remove them to reach the backside of the cleat area. That's usually how they're accessed, often with difficulty

Back