• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR195 Filling up with water

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took a bunch of videos. Working on uploading them now. Taped the safety switch down and ran with the rear access open. Had the phone mounted on a RAM mount on the side of the upper platform. Videos have GPS speed overlay and audio this time.

Water is NOT washing over the upper rear platform on decel. Water is NOT leaking past the plug seal at high speed (saw 43 GPS headed up river on one occasion). Water IS being pushed backwards up the drain hose from the stern into the wet storage area. The videos will speak volumes once I get them processed and uploaded.

Also, the rear tray drips into the bilge like a sieve. It's completely not sealed. Tested that with a water hose when I got home. Also had a heavy load yesterday afternoon. Get 3 big folks in the back port corner and the rub rail dipped under the water on decel, and the bilge almost instantly came on and pumped a good bit out.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put in a check valve. I have a different boat, but i sealed the rear clean out hatch with 5200 and new weather stripping. I also cleaned out the drain tube that was clogged.
20180702_211043.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah ha so my theory was right! :D

Check valve and sealing the hatch (just in case) will for sure solve it.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I wonder what it would cost for a fully sealed Yamaha????

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder what it would cost for a fully sealed Yamaha????
$1.25 for the silicone per boat I would guess.

I'm neglecting the cost to properly train the factory workers on how to apply said silicone, which I would wager is the real issue.

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took a bunch of videos. Working on uploading them now. Taped the safety switch down and ran with the rear access open. Had the phone mounted on a RAM mount on the side of the upper platform. Videos have GPS speed overlay and audio this time.

Water is NOT washing over the upper rear platform on decel. Water is NOT leaking past the plug seal at high speed (saw 43 GPS headed up river on one occasion). Water IS being pushed backwards up the drain hose from the stern into the wet storage area. The videos will speak volumes once I get them processed and uploaded.

Also, the rear tray drips into the bilge like a sieve. It's completely not sealed. Tested that with a water hose when I got home. Also had a heavy load yesterday afternoon. Get 3 big folks in the back port corner and the rub rail dipped under the water on decel, and the bilge almost instantly came on and pumped a good bit out.
Any chance of posting these videos. I am going to start looking at putting a check valve in if it is backflowing up the drain.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any chance of posting these videos. I am going to start looking at putting a check valve in if it is backflowing up the drain.
Crap, totally forgot about them. I'll try to take some time tonight and get them edited to remove the boring parts, and posted up with comments.

Thanks for the reminder.

John Carter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a note, I did not have a chance to read all the responses but thought I would comment.
I had the same problem on my 2017 AR195.
The water was filling up my ski locker and yes, it was hot water.
The bilge would help to remove some of the water.
The problem for me was that the seal/silicone around the plate where you access the clean out plug failed. This is the plate underneath the rear hatch that is attached by screw and has the clean out plug hole and the other two access ports on it.
This is also why the water was hot because it was getting in near the exhaust system.
I resealed the plate with new silicone and the problem was fixed. I also had to replace the middle back screw with a bigger size because the factory screw came loose and was keeping the gap open for water to leak in.

Hope this helps.