• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 FSH 210 Speed Impeller Questions

YamFSH210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
21504 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, Fl 32413
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 18 FSH 210 and looking for more top speed . With 4 -5 pole on board getting 32-34 MPH . I am at Sea Level , RPMs are at max 8000 . Boat has wonderful take off . Just did the old , plugs and all maintenance items 2 weeks ago.

Question is with the RPM's at Max ,should I be looking to change the impellers to a different pitch . 34 MPH on smooth water seems like I should be getting more like 38 or 40 or more.

Any Ideas

Have you looked for any causes of drag on the hull? Everything clean? I agree, you should be high 30's at least.

Bottom is Clean , Sealed with Rejex and then waxed. Looked at pump intake seal and all look good. Everyone is great except for the slow top end. Since I am up against the REV Limit , the only conclusion I can make is the Impeller Pitch. I have no problem holding it there and never seems to drag the RPM down

How about your pump alignments - too toed in maybe?

You should be in the low 40's at sea level, smoothish water and no wind with 3-4 average adults on board. I hit 44-45 (these are speedo numbers so take that with a grain of salt) with 2 adults and 2 kids, that's at around 600' elevation on fresh water. Any chance this boat has high elevation impellers?

I do not know for sure , purchased new from Jacksonville Florida Dealer , So I would Assume ( We know what Assume Means ) that it does not . I only have 35 hours on it , so I have not done any impeller or wear ring mods or replacements . It has never been torn apart .

I have looked at alignment and best I can tell they are very close.

Look up the cobra fins installation instructions - he's got directions on how to make sure your jets are aligned. Basically put the steering wheel dead center, run a straight edge across the inlets and look for gaps if I remember right.

Anyone know if there's a way to tell the regular impellers apart from the high elevation ones?

And here is pictures As best i can of the Impellers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.54.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.54.45 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.55.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.55.13 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.55.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 3.55.31 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
Maybe someone more experienced in impellers than I am will be able to tell. I just know they have 2, one is for high elevation. That one is equivalent to putting numerically larger gears in your rear end, making acceleration better but limiting top speed. They help account for the thinner air.

I see you have thrust vectors? Are those properly installed and not creating any drag?

So if your RPMs are maxed, your drag is fine, your impellers are clean and in good shape, you’re at sea level, and your jets are aligned... damn dude I’m out of ideas. You’re not running with the bimini deployed? Invisible anchor? One engine off? ?

I’m stumped , thats why the only thing I can come up With is impeller pitch change , should I have existing impeller re-pitched or go to a new impeller.
don’t seem to be a fan of Solas as I hear horror stories about them self destructing . I’m stuck as what to do ?

@swatski has deal with impellers some.

Back