• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 FSH 210 Speed Impeller Questions

See if you can stick a credit card in between the wear ring and the impeller. If you can that is too much clearance. You said the boat takes off fine, which mine did also but with more weight I couldn't get going any faster. Also maybe try resealing every edge of your pumps. There looks to be gaps in the silicone and that can cause havoc on speed and traction as well.

You will have to get a pitch guage and figure that out. I don't think the pitches are published but I could be wrong.

No Drag , Even before I installed speed was about the same. Last trip out I looked at them to make sure and at Speed they are riding up out of Thrust.
I am with you. I have a 2019 FSH 210 can't get a bit over 39 mph. I think I went over 40 once downwind with nearly empty fuel. Now with full crew on board forget about it... runs 34 tops. Thing is a DOG.. Love everything about the boat except top speed. IMO the boat is just underpowered. Gets on plane quickly but no top speed. Damn frustrating to get passed up by everything on the water. fricking DOG! Never thought about the impellers. bought from a dealer in Alabama. I'm in Miami

2018 YamFSH210 - Help - Similar situation. can't reach top RPM or top speed

My 2018 210 FSH would not break 36 mph no matter what (even light with just me and my daughter. and no gear). Now hitting 38-39 consistently - Here is what I have done. (I am the second owner and it only has 73 hours total. Previous owner said he never got more than 36, but did't care as he was a fisherman)
- Cleaned slimy, freshwater scum hull (it does make a difference)
- Adjusted throttle cables (they were not hitting the stops- Easy adjustment)
- Aligned the "toe-in" on jet nozzle (One was slightly in and the other straight or slightly out, not in), Now, both toe in a bit, seems perfect. I know this measurement is close as the steering wheel is perfectly up with the knob and boat goes perfectly straight.
- * Most important = tightened/lifted the reverse gate which was definitely dragging in jet/water flow as I could feel the throttles bucking in my hand and the boat went in reverse when idling at the dock. Now have good "neutral" and consistent 38-39 mph

* I am not sure which of the above helped, but something changed for the better -

HOWEVER, I STILL FEEL THE BOAT SHOULD GO 41 TO 44 mph ACCORDING TO ALL THE FORUMS AND TESTS- I only hit 40-41 for a brief instant in a slight chop with no wind, but it was just for a second with 3 people onboard and 54% fuel. Can't get above 38-39 now.

Boat runs perfect at all speeds except top end AND I noticed a slight RPM issue: At wide open, the round analog tachs read Port 8000 and Starboard 7,800, BUT the Connex system reads 7,600 Port and only 7,500 Starboard. Which one to believe? (they are 300rpm different). According to the Connext screen I am not getting the max 7,800 to 8,000 RPM that I should.

Help - Anyone??? I am hoping this thread helps the many who have the same issues in one fashion or another... I am now thinking spark plugs - I will re-gap and/or replace this weekend and write back to help you all.

- Impellers look really good (no gaps or cavitation).
- Air filters perfect = like new, bright white
- Spark plugs = ??? Probably not changed since 20 hour service and likely due.
- Oil looks brand new

Tracy

Here is what Glenn at impros had to allow about different impellers , not done either yet but this winter I will order new impellers to help my top speed

I have two choices

Solas YG-DF Dynafly Boat Impeller

14/20 will be to much for the boat, this will need to be pitched to 12/17, this will definitely give you better speed but it might hurt the low end just slightly $281 pitch mod $105

WR007H Driveshaft Holding Tool

9/13 is close to OEM pitch but the difference with this over the OEM is it is machined to locate back in the pump help acceleration. $281 it might bring some speed as well over the OEM.

Boats are the most touchy with the recommendations, a bunch of factors, so when you decide I’m willing repitch at no cost you would just cover the freight.

Thank you

I am with you. I have a 2019 FSH 210 can't get a bit over 39 mph. I think I went over 40 once downwind with nearly empty fuel. Now with full crew on board forget about it... runs 34 tops. Thing is a DOG.. Love everything about the boat except top speed. IMO the boat is just underpowered. Gets on plane quickly but no top speed. Damn frustrating to get passed up by everything on the water. fricking DOG! Never thought about the impellers. bought from a dealer in Alabama. I'm in Miami

Here is what Glenn at impros had to allow about different impellers , not done either yet but this winter I will order new impellers to help my top speed

I have two choices

Solas YG-DF Dynafly Boat Impeller

14/20 will be to much for the boat, this will need to be pitched to 12/17, this will definitely give you better speed but it might hurt the low end just slightly $281 pitch mod $105

WR007H Driveshaft Holding Tool

9/13 is close to OEM pitch but the difference with this over the OEM is it is machined to locate back in the pump help acceleration. $281 it might bring some speed as well over the OEM.

Boats are the most touchy with the recommendations, a bunch of factors, so when you decide I’m willing repitch at no cost you would just cover the freight.

Thank you
Hey, wondering if you ever switched out your impellers and what the verdict was. Looking at doing the same if I can improve top speed. Thanks

After reading a few different threads like this I’m wondering if the speed on the connext screen was checked against a gps speed. The little water wheel that is the sending unit for the speed could be having some issues.

I have switched back to oEM impellers . After installing the impros new pitch , it was way too much . 5000 rpm was all I could get . I did buy a pitch gage and did some small adjustments to the oEM pitch .

I have switched back to oEM impellers . After installing the impros new pitch , it was way too much . 5000 rpm was all I could get . I did buy a pitch gage and did some small adjustments to the oEM pitch .

Are you going to send them back so Glen can make adjustments to the pitch and retry?

No , I picked them based on his two recommendations. I don’t like the idea of having them bent a couple of times and running at high rpm, afraid fatigue would lead to massive issue . I plan on sticking with the oEM and be happy with what it is , love the boat , wish it was faster top end , but it is what it is now . As I have read many posts and there does not seem to be any substantial gains in speed. I’ll sell the impellers cheap if interested . 5 hours maybe on them .

No , I picked them based on his two recommendations. I don’t like the idea of having them bent a couple of times and running at high rpm, afraid fatigue would lead to massive issue . I plan on sticking with the oEM and be happy with what it is , love the boat , wish it was faster top end , but it is what it is now . As I have read many posts and there does not seem to be any substantial gains in speed. I’ll sell the impellers cheap if interested . 5 hours maybe on them .

Sorry to hear that those did not work out for you. I do not think you need to worry about some slight pitch adjustments on the impellers affecting longevity. Making adjustments to impellers / propellers is commonplace in the marine industry. Yes, there has been at least two instances on Solas impellers that I know of, both of which happened to the same JBN member, if the problem was systemic there would be a lot more posts about that issue. Its also my understanding that Solas produces the impellers for Yamaha.

Thanks for sharing your results and here’s to making lots of great memories in 22 on your boat!

Back