• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX190 new boat owner need help with upgrades!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I picked the boat up and he didn’t finish one window....he said he wouldn’t do a boat again. I am supposed to bring it to him to finish Sunday. I only went 20% so it isn’t that dark. I would say he did a good job...u can see some areas aren’t perfect but he did drop the price to 100 bucks because of the inconvenience. I will get some pics of it in the garage later. I am supposed to be getting my seadek this evening...so hopefully I can get that knocked out this weekend.
I would strongly re comand giving him a $200 in total even if he quoted you $150 and he was willing to drop it to $100. There are a lot of curves and it is very difficult to install them right.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Dude
I so hope that this is a righteous guy and you did not give him any money up front because I have called at least a half of dozen guys that do tinting here on the SunCoast of FLA and NONE of them will touch a boat! Let us know how it goes!
Simar issue here in SoCal. In fact the first guy I called said he could do it, then gave up after 2 hours of trying. Nobody else wanted to even touch it, I called about a dozen places. Finally found someone and it cost me over $600. Not cheap but well worth it IMO though.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think that is money WELL spent! Looks great, as a side note, one of my best friends from high school has run his own tinting biz for 30 yrs, I have offered to fly him and his wife down and buy the material for the tinting and he just laughs and says NO THANKS....Its not worth the headache! I would love to find a way to just paint the window trim to black, we love the AR's look with the black window trim...
Simar issue here in SoCal. In fact the first guy I called said he could do it, then gave up after 2 hours of trying. Nobody else wanted to even touch it, I called about a dozen places. Finally found someone and it cost me over $600. Not cheap but well worth it IMO though.

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Use Plasti dip....easy to use and it’s durable...I have used it on my trucks. I have been off roading and it has lasted. It would be easy to do and easy clean up!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We've actually considered the Plati-dip, but weren't sure how it would work or hold up and then the clean up....so I think I will look into and see how it is applied and figure out a way to work all the angles on the frame. thanks

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Use Plasti dip....easy to use and it’s durable...I have used it on my trucks. I have been off roading and it has lasted. It would be easy to do and easy clean up!
Except well you know....you need to be able to see out of the windshield. Plasti dip isn't transparent and in order for it to peel you need a decent amount sprayed down.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ah I see where @FLBulldogger mentioned his trim. I thought you were thinking about plasti dipping your remaining window and was going to say that might not be the best idea lol. I think Plasti dipping the trim wouldn't be too hard. As long as he lays down a good thin base cost followed by heavy wet coats it should go on nice and smooth and should be easy to peel up if he doesn't like it.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ah I see where @FLBulldogger mentioned his trim. I thought you were thinking about plasti dipping your remaining window and was going to say that might not be the best idea lol. I think Plasti dipping the trim wouldn't be too hard. As long as he lays down a good thin base cost followed by heavy wet coats it should go on nice and smooth and should be easy to peel up if he doesn't like it.
Just went out and looked at the window frame again, the only section I see as a possible trouble spot is the front interior where the frame is angled down to the body, don't know if I can get enough product down at that angle...

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got the Seadek installed. It is nice but a couple of things I found annoying for the price u pay is...I think they could have done a better job with ensuring the mat will cover all the snap holes. I filled the holes like you are supposed to but I found myself spending more time trying to get the mat over the filled holes than actually lining it up properly. It might be a mental retardation of mine but I just felt like they could have made the mats a little longer or a little wider and it would just make a better finished product. Here are some pics of mine.

On a side not the tint guy ghosted me yesterday and he just text me and said to bring the boat to him at 6pm and I told him I am not going to bring it by that late. I don’t know when I will be able to get the last window tinted..the only plus side is that I don’t have any money in it right now. I will NOT recommend this guy to anyone.

Attachments

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
SeaDek looks good! I wouldn't sweat the filled in holes...I believe @haknslash had used his awesome CADCAM abilities and drew out some of the "fill in" slots....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The extra pieces I designed were for the space just aft of the fuel hatch. I'm not sure if Will includes those pieces in his kits today. https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-jetboatpilot-sx-ar-cockpit-seadek-pieces.11819/

As for the holes, I think they are put in by hand using a template. I don't think the robot drills them so expect some variances from boat to boat. I wouldn't worry about them. Just fill the exposed holes with 3M 5200 and you're good to go.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To be honest the dealer threw in the Seadek. I was working with him on a SX195 and one the salesman kind of sold it out from under me. Lucky for me I was working with the owners son and he hooked me up with a bunch of free stuff. I think it is included though. It wasn’t in any separate package or anything.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol...I hear yA...I need to get a year behind the boat first I think...I only want to be partial jackass on the trip...not full blown....but I would love to get up with u guys locally!
don't see many 19' boat to Bimini but we plan to go Bimini 2019, with my 19' from Toronto, Canada

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found the same thing with the seadek kit I got from Will at JetBoatPilot. It was off and didn’t cover some of the screw holes, also some of the cut outs were a bit off. He has been great to work with, I sent back a bunch of pieces and the adjustments that I need and he is going to rework them for me. I am also going to combine the the pieces by the seats to one piece. I think that will help.

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow...I didn’t think it was bad enough to send back. They are expensive though so we should have high expectations for sure. Post some pics when u finish the install.